[1.12.x] USI Life Support

RoverDude

CKAN doesn't recognize the new 1.0.5 release of USILS because it's released as 0.1.4 which is "older" than 0.1.5. I'm guessing this was a mistake with an automated release?

Manually uninstalling and re-installing will pull the "new" 0.1.4 but unfortunately it seems that it is either an older version or the "Updated costs to not have negative costs when tanks are empty." fix from Kerbas-ad-astra/master didn't make it into the release.

Hey @RoverDude, what's pull request policy for USI-LS?

Is it still DEVELOP-branch only? Because DEVELOP seems to be behind master, but it's otherwise fully merged.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it intended that launching the Nom-o-Matics without their Fertilizer/Mulch/Supplies filled actually gives them a negative price and makes the whole rocket cheaper?

Definitely not intended ;) Would you mind creating an Issue here?: https://github.com/BobPalmer/USI-LS/issues

Is it intended that launching the Nom-o-Matics without their Fertilizer/Mulch/Supplies filled actually gives them a negative price and makes the whole rocket cheaper?
Yes, DEVELOP please.

Cool. Please be so kind to merge Pull Request #38 :)

Edit: Or not. Apperently, Pull Request #34 , commit f53c92b should already take care of it.

Edited by Kobymaru

Wonderful mod! Bravo! I can't live without this!

However I have a question for you; why is it that when I have a, say, rover on the Mun and it has one life support pack on it. Yet it doesn't have anyone on it. Why is it that the supplies go down on the menu screen. I for instance have a rover with no one on it and it says it's -6 years. And the thing is that there's still supplies in the rover. But as soon as I get a kerbal into the rover, they die because of starvation. Why is this and is this a bug? Or am doing something wrong?

Also, as for a suggestion: I'd love to see two things. First thing would be a warning that displays where you are at that [ship x - kerbals a, b, and c] are low on supplies, whenever the supplies are at a certain point. Maybe you can let us, the users, be able to tweak the amount of days left until they run of supplies.

Also, I'd really like to see an option to "Ration Supplies". By enabling the option, the food is consumed 50% less as fast, except the crews training is decreased. If you have Jeb Kerman who has level 5 skills, and you chose to ration the food, he will go back to level 0, meaning he can't use SAS, or do anything a pilot can do. But he can still preform basic tasks such as move the ship and whatnot. Edited by Mr Betelgeuse

GokouZWAR mentioned over in the MKS thread his issue of non orange suits being returned as tourists on Kerbin instead of returning to their original professions. I decided to test it out and it seems to be an issue with the latest USI-LS, so I posting the details here.

So far, I have verified his report with on 1.0.5.1028 with only hyperedit and USI-LS installed. I want to do some additional testing but what I have observed so far:

One orange suit in a cupola, 4 in a Hitchhiker, small supply pack. Hyperedit to 1mil orbit, zoom around for 50 days. I only saw 3 messages pop up for quit working instead of 4, but figured it was just me missing it during time warp. Checked the crew report in the map screen and it shows 3 tourists and 1 engineer. Return to Kerbin, 3 messages that folks have returned to work at 50KM, landed and recovered. 3 of the 4 kerbals remained tourists, with 1 remaining as an engineer. Quit and restarted KSP, they still are tourists.

I see nothing in the log files that gives any information. Going to run another test or two and clean out my log files in the off chance it catches something. I'll open a Github issue in a bit.

Second test with 8 kerbal in hitchhikers, 7/8 become tourists. The one that did not change was the one that tossed the rest of the supplies out of the airlock.

~M~ Edited by Mynar Moonshadow
edit test 2 results

[quote name='KingBanting']My grey suit kerbals are all tourists in the astronaut complex after they were starving then resupplied. Is this normal?[/QUOTE]

I experienced the same. I switched to a station that had 95 days of supplies left for 1 kerbal, got a message about the kerbal throwing all the food out of the airlock, and now he was a tourist.

Just happened to be the same time I got an "evacuate the station" contract. I had to ship up supplies so he could evacuate. Hah!

Once I got him supplies I was able to EVA him over to the escape pod and bring him down to the base on the Mun, but from that point on when I look at his job he is "Tourist". I've not tested if this prevents him from doing his previous Scientist job or if it's just a visual thing.

[quote name='Lalwcat'] .... but from that point on when I look at his job he is "Tourist". I've not tested if this prevents him from doing his previous Scientist job or if it's just a visual thing.[/QUOTE]

I didn't even think to check if it was just a visual thing. I looked at the save file and they do have their professions still, along with tour = false. It may well be a glitch in the matrix ...

EDIT:

Ok, correcton: The type = crew does change from tourist back to crew. The Trait = Tourist is what is not being updated apparently. I just checked the difference between a quicksave before starving the poor things and the persistence file after recovering the vessel from orbit. I may have been looking at the one that doesn't change previously by mistake instead of checking all 8 of them.

~M~ Edited by Mynar Moonshadow

[quote name='Mynar Moonshadow']GokouZWAR mentioned over in the MKS thread his issue of non orange suits being returned as tourists on Kerbin instead of returning to their original professions. I decided to test it out and it seems to be an issue with the latest USI-LS, so I posting the details here.

So far, I have verified his report with on 1.0.5.1028 with only hyperedit and USI-LS installed. I want to do some additional testing but what I have observed so far:

One orange suit in a cupola, 4 in a Hitchhiker, small supply pack. Hyperedit to 1mil orbit, zoom around for 50 days. I only saw 3 messages pop up for quit working instead of 4, but figured it was just me missing it during time warp. Checked the crew report in the map screen and it shows 3 tourists and 1 engineer. Return to Kerbin, 3 messages that folks have returned to work at 50KM, landed and recovered. 3 of the 4 kerbals remained tourists, with 1 remaining as an engineer. Quit and restarted KSP, they still are tourists.

I see nothing in the log files that gives any information. Going to run another test or two and clean out my log files in the off chance it catches something. I'll open a Github issue in a bit.

Second test with 8 kerbal in hitchhikers, 7/8 become tourists. The one that did not change was the one that tossed the rest of the supplies out of the airlock.

~M~[/QUOTE]

Try replicating with 2 orange suits and 2 grey suits. Its possible the one i had that "would" have been a tourist in your test was the second orange suit but i wouldn't have seen it.

I'm going to test if rolling back to version 1.5 (the old version before 1.4 aka 1.6) will fix the issue.

[COLOR=silver][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='GokouZWAR']Try replicating with 2 orange suits and 2 grey suits. Its possible the one i had that "would" have been a tourist in your test was the second orange suit but i wouldn't have seen it.

I'm going to test if rolling back to version 1.5 (the old version before 1.4 aka 1.6) will fix the issue.[/QUOTE]

Rolled back to 1.5, the save i have only has them already landed. I'm going to have to refly my mission back from duna back to kerbin and see if when they re-enter the atmo they restore their previous jobs.

[COLOR=silver][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Mynar Moonshadow']I didn't even think to check if it was just a visual thing. I looked at the save file and they do have their professions still, along with tour = false. It may well be a glitch in the matrix ...

EDIT:

Ok, correcton: The type = crew does change from tourist back to crew. The Trait = Tourist is what is not being updated apparently. I just checked the difference between a quicksave before starving the poor things and the persistence file after recovering the vessel from orbit. I may have been looking at the one that doesn't change previously by mistake instead of checking all 8 of them.

~M~[/QUOTE]

ohhh kay, so i guess my testing was pointless. You already figured it out...Shoulda read the next page. ;) So, they ARE their jobs (engineer / scientist / pilot) as far as the game is concerned just the job type didn't get updated and its entirely a visual issue, not a functional one?

I guess the next question is, is it a 1.4 thing or a 1.0.5 (base kerbal game) thing? rolling back to 1.0.4 on KSP, will that resolve it for now? Edited by GokouZWAR

Rolling back USI-LS to 0.1.5 in KSP 1.0.5 will not work. Give Rover a chance to look into it and get a fix out. He has been made aware and I logged the issue into Github already.

~M~

[COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Legendary Emu']Is anyone else getting something where there is two USI-LS toolbars and duplicates of all the parts? It's getting quite frustrating trying to figure out why.[/QUOTE]

My first thought is that you have it installed twice or have nested gamedata folders. Make certain you only have one install.

~M~

[quote name='Mynar Moonshadow']Rolling back USI-LS to 0.1.5 in KSP 1.0.5 will not work. Give Rover a chance to look into it and get a fix out. He has been made aware and I logged the issue into Github already.

~M~[/QUOTE]

Ok no sweat. I've already rolled back to 1.5, but if it won't make a diff i'll put it back to "1.6" and roll with it.

We did confirm this is merely a VISUAL problem right? These kerbals are not ACTUALLY being registered as tourists are they? Should I hold off on doing anything with these kerbals as far as returning them to the KSC or should i leave them in the field until the fix? Can I suggest that we put a auto fixing thing in there that'll update kerbals in existance if they're supplied (or should be) that'll find tourist kerbals and switch them back to their correct job?

ok so after reading over what you mentioned above, i went into my save file and modified the information

type = Crew
trait = Engineer

I also saw

IsGrouchy = True

which i changed to false as well. This apparently has worked perfectly, because now she's back to engineer status. :) Are there any other places I should modify? Edited by GokouZWAR

[quote name='Venusgate']It may be my playstyle, but a trip to minmus and back takes dangerously close to 15 days. But a snacks for one for 15 days is way too little to use the 1.25 tank, or even an asymmetrical radial tank. Any chance of a wee tank, or procedural parts cfg?[/QUOTE]
First, the mass of the radial tank is ridiculously small, so you should consider just using that and overstocking. Also gives you more time if you screw up and need a rescue mission :rolleyes:
Second, if you really need smaller supplies, the [URL="http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/84359-1-0-5-USI-Survivability-Pack-%28Formerly-DERP%29-v0-3-3-2015-11-09"]USI Survivability Pack[/URL] contains a teeny tiny supply bag.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.