[1.12.x] USI Life Support

RoverDude

Hi everyone, for some strange reason USI-LS turned Jeb into a Tourist. I was not able to see when but found the IsGrouchy flag set to true in the persistent file. I discovered that hewas a tourist in flight on a vessel that had no supplies on board (it was a rescue mission to LKO so I did not thnk it would take longer than a day). I am not sureif he entered the vessel as a pilot or not, but he is now a tourist after he respawned. I had a prope core on the lower stage to be able to recover ot and only realized the problem after separation of that stage when the prope core was gone. 

0.2.1.0 IS UP

0.2.1 - 2016.01.01
------------------
Fixed bug where crew were starving on Kerbin
Fixed vessel display issues (hopefully) in flight

The EVA tourist bit should now be sorted - please let me know if folks are still having issues

I was thinking that is bug from Contract pack tourism plus mod, so I was posted there bug report. After pointing out to this thread, I see that others have similar issues too.
Bill should not be hungry despite lacking supplies for one orbit around Kerbin trip.

I have reached orbit in small rocket with Bill on board. I gone to EVA, to get report in space, to get some science. After returning Bill to craft, he was turned into tourist. I no longer can control rocket since there is no control probes on craft, only Bill is on board.

Here is output log from session. I got a bunch of mods installed, list of all installed mods can be found in thread linked in my signature.
Here is picture describing issue.

946WV6B.png

Anyway, nightingale discovered this in log, hope it helps.

InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute. at System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator[LifeSupport.VesselSupplyStatus].VerifyState () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator[LifeSupport.VesselSupplyStatus].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at LifeSupport.LifeSupportMonitor.CleanupEmptyVessels () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at LifeSupport.LifeSupportMonitor.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Edited by kcs123

2 hours ago, RoverDude said:

0.2.1.0 IS UP

0.2.1 - 2016.01.01
------------------

The EVA tourist bit should now be sorted - please let me know if folks are still having issues

Thank you

3 hours ago, RoverDude said:

0.2.1.0 IS UP

0.2.1 - 2016.01.01
------------------

Vessel display seems to be OK now. Will double check the rescue contracts. Thank you!

36 minutes ago, CorBlimey said:

thanks for the update. Nice to see Jeb is given his full name in the config :D

Is there any guide somewhere that covers homesickness? I couldn't find much through the search function.

IIRC the config has been added, but the full feature of homesickness hasn't been implemented yet.

Yep working on those now.

Here is the short version.  Every vessel will have a calculated Habitation value (representing how long a Kerbal will tolerate being stuffed inside of it).  Each Kerbal tracks how long they have been away from home, and how long they have been on their current mission.  When these values push past the hab's tolerance level, the relevant penalty kicks in.

Working on the new UI now, will be plunking this stuff in pretty soon.  Though I would not recommend turning these on till MKS/MKS-Lite/Karibou/etc. get their updates :)

5 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Yep working on those now.

Here is the short version.  Every vessel will have a calculated Habitation value (representing how long a Kerbal will tolerate being stuffed inside of it).  Each Kerbal tracks how long they have been away from home, and how long they have been on their current mission.  When these values push past the hab's tolerance level, the relevant penalty kicks in.

Working on the new UI now, will be plunking this stuff in pretty soon.  Though I would not recommend turning these on till MKS/MKS-Lite/Karibou/etc. get their updates :)

I am a little confused from a page or two back. Are the "Veteran" Kerbals immune to effects, including the upcoming homesick one, or not? You had mentioned that it is not longer the default setting.

21 minutes ago, akron said:

I am a little confused from a page or two back. Are the "Veteran" Kerbals immune to effects, including the upcoming homesick one, or not? You had mentioned that it is not longer the default setting.

It is not by default anymore.

1 hour ago, mcortez said:

Is the green cube icon only supposed to show vessels in your current SOI?  I have space stations around Kerbin and Mun and when I'm at Kerbin it only shows the Kerbin Station not the Mun one.  

Thanks!

Are you on the version I just released?  That was (supposed) to be fixed

1 hour ago, akron said:

All settings are on by default, but can be overridden with new values individually (so a vet might be immune to home sickness, but still be able to starve)

3 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Are you on the version I just released?  That was (supposed) to be fixed

I am - or at least, CKAN prompted me with an update a few hours ago which I applied.  Well strangely, I just restarted the game again and tried:

1. From the tracking station, made Kerbin Station active.  I could see Kerbin Station and Minmus station, but not the Mun station.
  2. Via map view, switched Mun Station active, I could see all three stations.
  3. Via map view, switched Minmus Station active, I could see all three stations.
  4. Via map view, switched Kerbin Station active, now I can see all three stations when I could not the first time around...
  5. Restarted the game and all 3 are still showing up.

So I'm not sure what happened.  But it seems to be fine now.

@mcortez - you probably had a bunch of your stuff wiped from the persistence file by the prior (not-not-buggy) version, so revisiting would sort that as it adds them back in if their info is not found :)

@Kowgan - me too!  And you're welcome

Just launched a new mission on 0.2.1.0, apollo style mun lander mission. Bob stayed in the 3 man command pod on orbit while Val and Bill did the landing portion of the mission. When it came time to separate the ascent module from the lander module, I realised I had goofed in a big way (actually this was the third such realisation in the mission) - I had attached the supplies only to the lander module, on the descent stage (the other such realisations were both remembering that I never got around to attaching fuel lines to the tanks on the lander - so I had to pump fuel around using Ship Roster during each engine burn, for both the descent and ascent stages). I figure, I dont have a lot of options here. KIS is installed, but apparently I didnt bother to bring a screwdriver, so I cant just move the supply containers. I figured seeing as its a short mission in the Kerbin SOI, why worry? The mission has been going on for like 10 hours at this point. These little guys go for like 15 days without supplies if they have to, so it should be fine.

It was not fine.

I get back to orbit, rendezvous with the command module. No docking ports, we just EVA over to it and board the command module. And the problem becomes clear. According to the USI-LS status window, the command module has been 402 days without supplies. It is 10 hours MET, but somehow the crew are just that hungry. No messages of crew raiding snackboxes (likely because there arent any, oops), and the vessel is still controllable at the moment, although Im not sure if it will be once I switch away from it and come back to it. Im thinking as the mission was only started after installing this version, it should not be due to stuff from the previous version, but perhaps it is. Time to restart and see if I can still control the command module long enough to do the transfer burn back to kerbin aerocapture.

I think the time elapsed since supplies figure is actually the UT figure for the launch time. Like, it says supplies for -402 days - the mission launched on UT day 402.

Edited by blu3wolf

10 hours ago, akron said:

the config file has these as settings you can change. There is no in-game UI for this.

On 1-1-2016 at 5:39 PM, RoverDude said:

0.2.1.0 IS UP

0.2.1 - 2016.01.01
------------------

EDIT:

Just did a rescue mission with a new craft with supplies and everything is working again, thank you akron for that bit in your post.

Edited by JG
Fixed my ''bug''

9 hours ago, JG said:

I'm having issues with Jeb turning into a tourist after i EVA in mun orbit.

CKAN shows me having the latest version installed.

Anything you need in order to see what's going on?

Valentina was bugged for me in the last version. After the new patch, I had to place her in a vehicle with fresh supplies before she was "fixed." I got the message that she got back to work. I just played it off as a KSC picnic. I took all the grounded Kerbals out with food to "reset" their values. :)

23 hours ago, RoverDude said:

All settings are on by default, but can be overridden with new values individually (so a vet might be immune to home sickness, but still be able to starve)

Yup, I found it. The new patch fixed the tourist issue. I changed the values so Vets are immune. Thanks!

Edited by akron

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.