[1.12.x] USI Life Support

RoverDude

While cool, that would most definitely overcomplicate what is, at it's core, a very simple mod :)

I gots no problem with uncomplicated. It's what draws me to this mod in the first place (and previously what drove me to Snacks). But I still think I'm going to look into it my own self. My instincts tell me I'll fail but I'm so frequently wrong it's still worth a shot :D

I gots no problem with uncomplicated. It's what draws me to this mod in the first place (and previously what drove me to Snacks). But I still think I'm going to look into it my own self. My instincts tell me I'll fail but I'm so frequently wrong it's still worth a shot :D

Maybe it is easier to just add electricity as a needed resource - after all it is a green house? :wink:

hmm ok i tried the cultivator with oks but it didn't produce any supplies that i could see

Yea so more information would be helpful. Picture of your craft maybe? Did you have proper storage available for all of the components?

Yea so more information would be helpful. Picture of your craft maybe? Did you have proper storage available for all of the components?

well I wanted to try it again and make sure that I wasn't being retarded before going ahead and creating a github issue. That reply to roverdude was only on the off chance he might have turned around and said, something to the effect of, "i've not implemented it in OKS yet, just MKS, as it's still early Alpha".

well I wanted to try it again and make sure that I wasn't being retarded before going ahead and creating a github issue. That reply to roverdude was only on the off chance he might have turned around and said, something to the effect of, "i've not implemented it in OKS yet, just MKS, as it's still early Alpha".

Well, should probably put that in the appropriate thread as well, as its an OKS part you are talking about.

but only relating to a USI LS function and resource... I can't even be bothered to argue with you, I was asking a question to RoverDude about his mod, not asking you for a lesson in forum etiquette.

RoverDude, it doesn't matter now anyway I just got Ass Kraken'd, I'll try it again later and will report back if there's a problem.

but only relating to a USI LS function and resource... I can't even be bothered to argue with you, I was asking a question to RoverDude about his mod, not asking you for a lesson in forum etiquette.

RoverDude, it doesn't matter now anyway I just got Ass Kraken'd, I'll try it again later and will report back if there's a problem.

Sorry I wasn't talking etiquette. Just that you are talking about MKS/OKS parts, regardless of the LS pieces they are part of that mod so it would maybe be easier for Roverdude to follow since he has like a billion mods and threads he keeps track of. I was simply trying to help that you might get a better answer.

I looked at the greenhouse last night and one thing I noticed. It doesn't say anything about production rate. How many it supports, etc.

Looking at the configs..... I don't see that it does anything. Went and looked at mks/oks and not seeing any patches there either... All I see is that it stores supplies and mulch... I am stumped.

ok I just tested it and it does work, supplies are produced. I think whatever the problem was, it must have been related to whatever decided to delete all of my craft, flags and debris.

Ahh RoverDude, I forgot to ask, once this mod is released do you intend to continue supporting tac-ls in your other mods?

Edited by SP_S6

0.1.2 is up

DLL renamed

Greenhouse actually works now :P

Amazing! Finally a new thing to replace TAC-LS.

I want to hijack your thread and ask whether you plan to update the CKAN version of USI-LS - or should I keep updating it manually?

Also - any plans for the rest of your mods, like Karbonite showing up there?

Roverdude,

just want to verify.. I have removed TAC_LS and moved it yours.. I put one of the small noms boxes in my service container.

The engineer report says that I have supplies that are not connected to anything that uses it. Is that a problem?

Rocko

ps. I think you mods account for 30% of whats in my career game now

Mulch is only collected and stored while a greenhouse is present?

Would extra storage in other parts be used as storage and in the recycling process?

SupplyTime = 324000

Equals 15 Kerbal days â 6 hours, yes?

If I set it to zero, the crew will quit after the last snack is gulped?

Reason I am asking is I want to mod my capsules to carry actual N.O.M.S. instead of the implied 15 days emergency rations - as a three man pod with only one passenger should last 45 days - I know, overly complicated, I know, that is why I want to do it myself for my game instead of asking for it as a feature in the mod. :wink:

CausesDeath = false

Does this already work when set to True?

Only request: Can we get an optional setting to starve Jeb (orange suits in general) in case of misbehaviour?! :P

Note to self: Sending Kerbals out of base to work in the mines without breakfast saves supplies indefinitely. :wink:

Edit: One more note to self: READ THE THREAD GLANCINGLY AT LEAST! :P

Basically everything has already been answered ... :blush:

Carry on! :cool:

Edited by KerbMav

Only request: Can we get an optional setting to starve Jeb (orange suits in general) in case of misbehaviour?! :P

I would second that, I understand the reasoning behind the unstarveable orange suits, but it doesn't really fit my playstyle.

I don't often have more than five Astronauts actively flying.

Just a flag in the settings.cfg to ignore the BadSes would be great.

Apart from that, really great mod RoverDude, keep up the good work :)

The CKAN folks apparently take care of that stuff... I would assume one of them will index it ;)

May want to update your thread title then. As of posting this it still says v0.1.0. Looks like they missed your last update as well because they didn't see a new date/version :P

Heyy Roverdude, first of all, sorry of causing a stirr up at the other LS thread, it was not my intention.

I had a momentarily relapse as to what mod to use for LS in my career game, and TAC still provides the better base, afterall you're still in heavy development here.

But after a few more moments of all those redundant resource filling up my screen, I've decided to ditch it.

I thought about making patches for a single resource TACLS, but that would take some time and I think its best if spent helping you, if you want to.

Now bear in mind, I can be a pain in the ass, really picky and will be bothering you a lot. but I'll probably be doing that anyway :/

To get started I would like to know the electrical and supplies consumptions rate, and of course please these optional in the config file.

For the Orange suits and/or badasses, should be optional if they're affected by starvation or not.

Excellent job on the radial packs and greenhouse :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.