[1.12.x] USI Life Support

RoverDude

I'm using non-orange suit kerbals in each case.

Here's my gamedata folder, and what it looks like in a fresh install with just this mod:

http://imgur.com/a/GkAgQ

You also need the rest of the things Roverdude bundles with this mod. You're missing USI_Tools, community resource, module manager, etc.

Those should be in game data separated from the Umbra folder. So you should have more than just the two folders in Gamedata.

Edited by J3ansley
Mistype

I just tested this and the minimal requirements to run USI-LS is ModuleManager.

Probably this issue did not come up before, because most people who use USI-LS also use UKS which comes with MM.

@RoverDude: It would probably be best to aviod future confusion if you mention the dependancy on MM in the OP and on your download site, since this is nowhere documented.

You also need the rest of the things Roverdude bundles with this mod. You're missing USI_Tools, community resource, module manager, etc.

Those should be in game data separated from the Umbra folder. So you should have more than just the two folders in Gamedata.

Thanks, that was the answer I was looking for. Wasn't clear to me from the first post of this mod which bits were necessary.

I have a bug / highly annoying 'feature'. I have a craft with a Life Support MiniPak on it, and two of the orange-shirt crew onboard. It's a standard setup, so I forgot they didn't 'need' the supplies. Halfway through the mission, with over 50% supplies left, one of the two will 'raid the snacks' and they 'fall out' and both crew members die.

Edit: This appears to happen if on high time acceleration.

I have a bug / highly annoying 'feature'. I have a craft with a Life Support MiniPak on it, and two of the orange-shirt crew onboard. It's a standard setup, so I forgot they didn't 'need' the supplies. Halfway through the mission, with over 50% supplies left, one of the two will 'raid the snacks' and they 'fall out' and both crew members die.

Edit: This appears to happen if on high time acceleration.

What's your EC situation like?

Hey RoverDude, me and Aelixander are working on a mod, based around Robot Kerbals, one of the features we hope to add is a radiation thing, where Kerbals operating near radioactive/nuclear things (e.g. nuclear engine) would die or end up like a snackless Kerbal in USILS if they operated near it too long, the reason I'm telling you this is becaue Aelixander has told me you are planning a Medical thingy to this mod (or something like that) so I would like to hear you confirm this, so that when/if that medical thing is done we can ask to use the configs of that to make a base for the nuclear thing. Thanks.

Sorry, I don't understand this message.

I'm guessing he is referencing at least this:https://github.com/BobPalmer/USI-LS/pull/27

@araym. If you are going to go to the trouble of actually tracking down the commits. Checking dates helps. 0.1.5 was released July 1 and the above commit was merged July 29. So I imagine all these fixes are just waiting on a release.

Hi it would be gread to have a bigger fertilizer tank like 1,25 or 2,5 m with something like 500 units of fertilizer arround for the big greenhouse...

Btw. really nice mod!

Seconding this old-ish request with a twist: use InterstellarFuelSwitch to make all cans and mini-packs switchable between supplies+mulch, mulch only and fertilizer.

If LS ever comes to stock I would like it to be just like this mod, except with one 2.5m green house part (lab-sized and with big windows) instead of three mulch containers and starvation being more deadly for kerbals.

Edited by Veeltch

I'm very excited for the upcoming habitation mechanics. Will gravity have any advantage over non-gravity (e.g., planetary surface vs orbit, centrifuge vs fixed module) with respect to comfort/homesickness?

If LS ever comes to stock I would like it to be just like this mod, except with one 2.5m green house part (lab-sized and with big windows) instead of three mulch containers and starvation being more deadly for kerbals.

The greenhouses may get some alternate (more realistic) models ;)

And you can definitely toggle starvation to be more deadly (five levels in the next version, two today)

I'm very excited for the upcoming habitation mechanics. Will gravity have any advantage over non-gravity (e.g., planetary surface vs orbit, centrifuge vs fixed module) with respect to comfort/homesickness?

Considering it, either in this or in the next layer which specifically addresses that.

Considering it, either in this or in the next layer which specifically addresses that.

Glad to hear it!

I am very much looking forward to the new mechanics, however, I'm slightly disappointed by the idea of rest/comfort resetting every time the Kerbal enters a vessel. Instead, I wish rest/comfort = [habitation rating of current vessel (KM/crew)] - [elapsed time since Kerbal was in a vessel with habitation rating > current vessel (or elapsed time since launch, if the Kerbal has never been in a vessel with a greater habitation rating)].

This would function basically the same as your current comfort system, except that EVA/re-entering the same vessel (or transferring between vessels of similar size) would not extend Kerbals' comfort. It would also eliminate the usefulness of exploitive gameplay, e.g., building a massive habitation complex at the launchpad.

Edited by Fraz86

Coming here to report some weirdness. I have delivered 2 rovers chock full of supplies and electric charge. However these rovers only have command seats. For whatever reason, USILS absolutely refuses to acknowledge this. I tried re-installing in case I did something wrong, but alas it was to no avail. Images from one rover. The other rover is identical resource-wise.

zeEgl3v.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.