[1.12.x] USI Life Support

RoverDude

Hey roverdude! i like this mod but for some reason , i dont get how to install this. i got the parts when i downloaded it but the menu for the LS didnt work and it was blank. idk what is going on and my kerbals are not eating but working fine. How do i install this properly/Fix this??? :confused:

Coming here to report some weirdness. I have delivered 2 rovers chock full of supplies and electric charge. However these rovers only have command seats. For whatever reason, USILS absolutely refuses to acknowledge this. I tried re-installing in case I did something wrong, but alas it was to no avail. Images from one rover. The other rover is identical resource-wise.

http://i.imgur.com/zeEgl3v.png

I would assume that's intended behaviour. It's a bit difficult to eat noms when you can't open your helmet visor without dying.

@Starslinger999: Sounds like an installation issue.

From a few pages back:

I just tested this and the minimal requirements to run USI-LS is ModuleManager.

Probably this issue did not come up before, because most people who use USI-LS also use UKS which comes with MM.

@RoverDude: It would probably be best to aviod future confusion if you mention the dependancy on MM in the OP and on your download site, since this is nowhere documented.

Hello,

First thanks for this amazing mod. USI is my favorite for life support.

I have a problem though. The mod didn't acknowledge two recovered vessels (ComSat Mk5 and 6). USI thinks they are still up there, and I don't see how to fix it. These vessels were piloted satellite launcher. I decoupled them on their orbit, renamed the probe, the pilot then just returned home to get recovered.

How can I manually remove them from USI ?

[TABLE=width: 500]

[TR]

[TD]USI_Inspace.PNG[/TD]

[TD]USI_Affected.PNG[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Hey, sorry to bother.. I just had my first mistake with not equipping enough supplies using USI life support and noticed that, despite having the -crew lost- message, I still had control of the ship. Is this a known issue or caused by conflict with another mod that anyone knows about?

Hey, sorry to bother.. I just had my first mistake with not equipping enough supplies using USI life support and noticed that, despite having the -crew lost- message, I still had control of the ship. Is this a known issue or caused by conflict with another mod that anyone knows about?

Who is flying the mission? From the ever so useful OP (always good to read the manual so to speak)

Orange suited Kerbals (Jeb, Bill, Bob, and Val) are immune to the ill effects of life support. They will still consume supplies if given, but do not leave the job, because they are just that awesome. This always gives a player (especially a new one) an 'out' to test out a manned mission before actually committing your other kerbals, etc. to a horrible fate of snack deprivation.

I think I found a bug or at least a not intended behavior. With rescue missions that are on the surface of a celestial body and the Kerbal is on EVA the life support monitors him as soon as the rescue mission is accepted. It´s a bit odd if Kerbals are stranded on distant planets/moons.

Not sure if this is a bug or intended, but I don't think the mod is correctly accounting for missing Electric Charge. I took my space station into LKO for a test run of the life support systems, and quickly ran out of Electric Charge. Despite this, the Life Support window still says I have more than a years' worth of supplies. Does this mean that crew will still go nonresponsive after 15 days without Electric Charge, and the monitor just doesn't show it? Or is this a bug and Kerbals can function without any Electric Charge?

zE3ImF2.png

So Kerbals will still go nonresponsive if I run out of power, I just have to manually account for it. Got it.

IIRC Kerbals will eventually raid the supplies (and throw out of the airlock) if you lose EC, which will show up on the display.

IIRC Kerbals will eventually raid the supplies (and throw out of the airlock) if you lose EC, which will show up on the display.

Yep - basically if you run out of EC to the point where the converters can't run (it's about 220 or so per day..) then horrible things happen.

Not sure if a bug or not, or working as intended , was not sure if you intended the orangeimmunity toggle to work with Causes Death = true

Using these setttings.

LIFE_SUPPORT_SETTINGS
{
SupplyTime = 324000
CausesDeath = true
ECAmount = 0.01
OrangeImmunity = true
HomeworldAltitude = 50000
}

Have a craft with bob and Val (both orange suits im assuming) but they still died when running out of supplies.

im having issues with the life support UI. it is blank but the resources are being depleated as normal i just cant see the UI showing timer,and supplies in different flights.

http://imgur.com/wBjmm3K this is an imgur of what issue im having but other than that as usual roverdude your the man and do an amazing job with these mods and such a quick response to my first comment. thanks in advance

im having issues with the life support UI. it is blank but the resources are being depleated as normal i just cant see the UI showing timer,and supplies in different flights.

http://imgur.com/wBjmm3K this is an imgur of what issue im having but other than that as usual roverdude your the man and do an amazing job with these mods and such a quick response to my first comment. thanks in advance

Can you post a picture of your gamedata folder?

I lost to TAC-LS, so I install USI Life Support... And I experience the same as chevyrob420.

I have ModuleManager.

The folder of LifeSupport is inside UmbraSpaceIndustries. And The life support monitor don't show anything.

I try making a copy of the folder LifeSupport in GameData, only with the plugin not the parts, the parts still on folder LifeSuport. And thanks to that now in the life support monitor I saw the data for the active vessel and if a move to another ship I saw the data for the two ships... But if i left the game and start again all the data in life support monitor of the two ships are lost.

It is a little stupid... But the solution was make a clean install of KSP and install first this mod (and all the RoverDude's mods, Because I need ModuleManager, Firespitter, and more few mods, and the most quickly is install all these mods).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.