[1.12.x] USI Life Support

RoverDude

31 minutes ago, Merkov said:

Unless I'm reading the configs wrong, I think your greenhouse couldn't keep up with your supplies usage. The NomOMatic 5000 has a supplie output ratio of 0.000132, which I believe means that at 0% wear (which you will be at with your mods) the NomOMatic will only put out 0.000132 supplies per second, which works out to 2.8512 supplies per 6 hour kerbal day. Kerbals consume 10.2 hours. Unless you had some recyclers on there, that looks like it will be your problem. By my count, your kerbal ran out of supplies after 11 days.

Habitation penalties should be disabled by default unless you have MKS installed (which you didn't mention having) so that's probably the reason for the "indefinite" tag.

The wiki is only accurate to the last version of USI-LS. Everything since KSP 1.2 is pretty much new. Assume the wiki is out of date, and get info from the mod's configs itself for now.

44 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

There were some significant balance changes with 1.2.  Did your Kerbals die because the greenhouse could not keep up or because you ran out of fertilizer?

i.e. if you see your life support timer either static or going up, that's good.  If it is going down and you still have fertilizer, then that is bad.

Ahhh that makes a lot more sense. i tried the same ship out with 6 greenhouses and it worked just fine. thank you both for helping me out. So as long i don't install MKS I won't have to worry about Habitation right? 

1 minute ago, Totallyafk said:

Ahhh that makes a lot more sense. i tried the same ship out with 6 greenhouses and it worked just fine. thank you both for helping me out. So as long i don't install MKS I won't have to worry about Habitation right? 

Sort of. The default setting for USI-LS without MKS is to have hob timer expiry have no effect. Having said that, you can change the default using the settings screen available in the KSC view. I would say that, regardless of which you choose, having a quick peek at that settings screen isn't a bad idea. It lets you see what your settings are, and information is generally a good thing.

1 hour ago, Merkov said:

Sort of. The default setting for USI-LS without MKS is to have hob timer expiry have no effect. Having said that, you can change the default using the settings screen available in the KSC view. I would say that, regardless of which you choose, having a quick peek at that settings screen isn't a bad idea. It lets you see what your settings are, and information is generally a good thing.

Sorry, another stupid question. So I turned on Habitation in the settings for the extra challenge, My test ship with 1 kerbal, a hitchhiker and and a cupola says that it will support kerbal habitation for 4 years, 88 days. However when the ship is launched it says it only has a habitation for 45 days, what is going on?

10 minutes ago, Totallyafk said:

Sorry, another stupid question. So I turned on Habitation in the settings for the extra challenge, My test ship with 1 kerbal, a hitchhiker and and a cupola says that it will support kerbal habitation for 4 years, 88 days. However when the ship is launched it says it only has a habitation for 45 days, what is going on?

The second screen shows you are landed. Do me a favour: put that vessel into orbit around Kerbin. Under 25 km, negative life support effects don't apply (on Kerbin. Obviously if you are landed on the Mun, they apply :P). Kerbals will still consume supplies, for example, but never turn into tourists (or whatever you have set the effect to be) if they run out. Maybe the hab timer just doesn't calculate everything when you are below 25 km on Kerbin because it's irrelevant?

Edited by Merkov
Added a "u" to "favour". Long Live the Queen.

12 minutes ago, Merkov said:

Maybe the hab timer just doesn't calculate everything when you are below 25 km on Kerbin because it's irrelevant?

If that's the case, it would be nice if it did. I'd be reluctant to launch a mission in a hard mode career without being able to last-minute check my hab/life support timers before launch.

12 minutes ago, Merkov said:

The second screen shows you are landed. Do me a favour: put that vessel into orbit around Kerbin. Under 25 km, negative life support effects don't apply (on Kerbin. Obviously if you are landed on the Mun, they apply :P). Kerbals will still consume supplies, for example, but never turn into tourists (or whatever you have set the effect to be) if they run out. Maybe the hab timer just doesn't calculate everything when you are below 25 km on Kerbin because it's irrelevant?

yeah same problem in space http://imgur.com/a/QrBHz

8 minutes ago, apocriva said:

If that's the case, it would be nice if it did. I'd be reluctant to launch a mission in a hard mode career without being able to last-minute check my hab/life support timers before launch.

This is why you look at the stats in the VAB :wink:

5 minutes ago, Totallyafk said:

yeah same problem in space http://imgur.com/a/QrBHz

Did you turn the habs on?  There is an EC requirement and they need to be activated.

3 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

Did you turn the habs on?  There is an EC requirement and they need to be activated.

that would be the problem, thanks. It kinda sucks that you have to turn on all the hab modules individually, but since there is a energy requirement it makes sense  

Edited by Totallyafk

I'm looking for other parts/mods that will hold Supplies and Mulch. Ideally an Interstellar Fuel Switch config or Procedural Parts config.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Edited by tjt

If it's just containers you are looking for, I would recommend downloading USI Core. This mainly just adds RoverDude's Kontainers, which are resource-switchable parts for, well, containing resources. They come in a bunch of different sizes, too. You can find by looking at the repositories on RoverDude's github.

49 minutes ago, Merkov said:

If it's just containers you are looking for, I would recommend downloading USI Core. This mainly just adds RoverDude's Kontainers, which are resource-switchable parts for, well, containing resources. They come in a bunch of different sizes, too. You can find by looking at the repositories on RoverDude's github.

Thanks, I'm actually looking for rocket parts beyond the 3 sizes that RD offers. Adding Supplies/Mulch as resource options in IFS or Procedural Parts would offer many sizes and shapes to hold the resources.

Not entirely sure if this is a bug, or even this mod causing my issue in particular.

I did a tourist mission and used the viewing cupola as the seat for the tourist. But, the mission did not register the tourist being in orbit(or anywhere for that matter).

I did complete an earlier tourist mission using the stock 2 person plane fuselage.

I am using all the USI mods that are up to date on CKAN, plus an assortment of others that *shouldn't* have any effect on this.

Sorry me again. I really don't get it. I Play with my Careersave (before 1.2).

Everything is fine in http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/261598769615593601/E4ECB899B0ADC73988C25AEFF45D987BD52BFFD6/

Also if I Switch to Tracking Station
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/261598769615593779/2626F0BAD05EDF304F76F96743162483147D7A48/

But then when I Switch to Mainwindow and go back to tracking Station. everything is empty
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/261598769615594103/D7C19878F9C69D9B7530BA198150966948E16B73/

If I jump to a ship. I only get the Data of the activ ship (with changed hab values)
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/261598769615593930/976F48DAD51EBFF0C76B54AF3445B2A9D2C244B4/

Anyone any idea?

Can someone help me out?  The Life Support Status window shows up in the VAB correctly, but once I actually launch the ship, it's completely blank.  The only time it shows anything is if someone is on EVA.

- Edit: Nevermind.  It apparently was conflicting with AmpYear.

Edited by charliesoap4

21 hours ago, tjt said:

Thanks, I'm actually looking for rocket parts beyond the 3 sizes that RD offers. Adding Supplies/Mulch as resource options in IFS or Procedural Parts would offer many sizes and shapes to hold the resources.

I offer a lot more than three in USI Core...I expect you could get industrious with an MM config tho,

1 hour ago, releansol said:

Sorry me again. I really don't get it. I Play with my Careersave (before 1.2).

Everything is fine in http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/261598769615593601/E4ECB899B0ADC73988C25AEFF45D987BD52BFFD6/

Also if I Switch to Tracking Station
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/261598769615593779/2626F0BAD05EDF304F76F96743162483147D7A48/

But then when I Switch to Mainwindow and go back to tracking Station. everything is empty
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/261598769615594103/D7C19878F9C69D9B7530BA198150966948E16B73/

If I jump to a ship. I only get the Data of the activ ship (with changed hab values)
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/261598769615593930/976F48DAD51EBFF0C76B54AF3445B2A9D2C244B4/

Anyone any idea?

There is a brand new USI-LS that just went up a few seconds ago.  Try that one.  it fixes a few bugs.

Yes! @RoverDude Now everything is fine.

I just have to learn the new "hab" mechanics that now has expired.:-)

Thank you very much Sir! You rock!

Edit: One litte Thing - in Tracking Station Nothing happens if i click the button (no Drama for me, just want let you know)

Edited by releansol

I have the problem that my kerbals sit in a space station and became tourists as they had no supply.

I have refilled them but their status does not change.

Does anyone know why this is ?

Furthermore it is wanted that modules switch off after the ship has changed?

Here a Screenshot:

Edited by Jesse Bender

22 minutes ago, Space Cowboy Bob said:

Am I blind or did the Life Support Category disappear with the 0.5.1 update? Also I can no longer find the Nom 2500 or greenhouses?

16 minutes ago, David104 said:

jep, same problem here. And all the Nom-o-matics are gone..

There's a brand new folder in the Zip - Community Category Kit.  They will be visible in there (make sure you didn't omit it when you downloaded).  If you got it from CKAN... you need to get USI-LS from GitHub manually until they sort things.

Edited by RoverDude

3 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

There's a brand new folder in the Zip - Community Category Kit.  They will be visible in there (make sure you didn't omit it when you downloaded).  If you got it from CKAN... you need to get USI-LS from GitHub manually until they sort things.

Thanks @RoverDude but I have the CommunitCategoryKit in the Game Directory folder, but I still don't have a lifesupport cateogry or Nom-a-matics.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.