[1.12.x] USI Life Support

RoverDude

3 hours ago, PocketBrotector said:

Here is an overview of the readout issues using a craft with just the three stock parts:

Actually just came into the thread to report exactly these issues, glad to see it's not me.  I really love the potential of this mod, but yeah big updates like this do seem to take a while before all the kinks get worked out of them.

Another annoyance is that the status window in the VAB always reads the same recycle percentage for the Kerbitats, weather they're running a Purifier or a Recycler.

I have an issue with life support on ships that are not currently loaded. It seems as if Kerbals refuse to work as soon as the ship is not loaded anymore. This is problematic because I can not use Science Labs (unless they are on my active vessel, which isnt exactly the purpose of science labs.) 

When i load the vessel i get the notification that they refuse to work and immediately after that, i get one saying they returned to duty. They do not produce any science in the meantime. 

I am not 100% sure thats a bug, maybe i am just missing something. I will attach screenshots and a savefile as soon as i find out how to attach anything in this forum.

Screenshots and Save are in this folder:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ijiomepczi7xs7u/AAC_ss2ME3x1GAhXuzesfIuGa?dl=0

Thanks for your help

Edit: I checked whether the station has enough power to maintain life support. During a cycle, EC never drops below 60%, so that should not be the issue.

Edited by Levv

Those of you having issues with the efficiencies,  such as recyclers not worked in the background and kerbals becoming tourists and then going back to work, make sure you have the latest USITools (0.8.6).

RoverDude fixed the efficiency issues there but didn't make a new USI-LS release yet with the updated USITools. So just update it manually and things should work better.

10 hours ago, PocketBrotector said:

This is an issue that I'm dealing with as well. It seems that the various life support tooltips and windows in the VAB are not consistent so there's not a great way of seeing what hab times, etc., one is actually going to get. I have been using Alt-F12 to get into orbit to find out what the actual in-flight values will be. This also helps to plan out power requirements, since there is currently no way to see how much electricity is required for habitats.

Here is an overview of the readout issues using a craft with just the three stock parts:

• Recycler readout in the part tooltip always reads 0%
  • Hab multiplier shows up as zero in the VAB life support summary
  • Hab time (kerbal-months) per part is inconsistent between part tooltip and life support summary
  • Total calculated hab-time does not reflect in-flight value

I'm also still trying to figure out what the CrewCapacity value in ModuleHabitation represents - it doesn't always reflect the part's actual crew capacity (see the cupola), but I don't know how it's incorporated into the overall formula for total habitation time.

Update USI Tools, because that fixes this.

39 minutes ago, nascarlaser1 said:

Does this integrate itself into pre existing saves, or do I have to restart them?

It will integrate just fine with an existing save.

1 hour ago, nascarlaser1 said:

Does this integrate itself into pre existing saves, or do I have to restart them?

As RoverDude said, it will integrate - but do note that any ships/stations/bases that you have in flight will not have supplies in place, nor are they likely to have any habitation parts.  So it'd be a good idea to recall your Kerbals before they starve or go mad from lack of space.  :wink:

35 minutes ago, DStaal said:

As RoverDude said, it will integrate - but do note that any ships/stations/bases that you have in flight will not have supplies in place, nor are they likely to have any habitation parts.  So it'd be a good idea to recall your Kerbals before they starve or go mad from lack of space.  :wink:

That's ok, my only current Kerbals on any mission happen to be at the north pole in an upside down rover, so they need to be called back anyway lol.

4 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Update USI Tools, because that fixes this.

Unfortunately I'm still seeing the exact same problems as well, both in my modded game and a plain stock+USI game. :(  Both AVC and that other mod report USI Tools as 0.8.6.0.

1 hour ago, tsaven said:

Unfortunately I'm still seeing the exact same problems as well, both in my modded game and a plain stock+USI game. :(  Both AVC and that other mod report USI Tools as 0.8.6.0.

Same here, I just have USI Live support and USI Core/Tools installed. The parts already in place actually recycle, but any new ones have 0% recycling. The Nom-O-Matics have no modules at all, and no USI-related errors in the log.

2 hours ago, RoverDude said:

There is a new USI-LS out (just published a few minutes ago).  Load that.  Make a new craft.  If you can replicate the issue, provide me with a save.

With the new release and using my main save the problem has changed in that different members of the crew become homesick. Across 4 space stations I get 4 times just the scientist in the research lab going homesick. 4 out of 4 ; it still might be just a coincidence I suppose. I put the scientist in a different module and the homesick hiccup on vessel load did not occur. In the stock + USI only save I provided the issue appears to be fixed. I am assuming when you say "Make a new craft" that this is essential. As my KSS station cost over 2 million kerbucks in career mode and half a dozen launches I will need some "cheating" and compensation to make a new craft. I have not used Hyperedit for over a year but I seem to recall you could use it to cheat the bank? Downloading Hyperedit now to see what it can do. It might be a while before I have more to give in feedback.

Edited by Kaa253
edit: Actually it occurs to me that replacing the research lab would mean the loss of all the science stored in there

3 hours ago, RoverDude said:

There is a new USI-LS out (just published a few minutes ago).  Load that.  Make a new craft.  If you can replicate the issue, provide me with a save.

It works!  :D Thank you!

A slight oddity, and I'm not sure if it's intentional or not.  All of the Kerbitats on my ship still show up in the window as a Recycler, even if I have them set to Purifier or Habitation.  Is this by design?

rE9rp0t.jpg

8 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Ok, The recyclers work now, but I still can't switch modules on the Nom-O-Matics. Or is the entire Recycler -> Agroponics -> Habitation thing deprecated?

5 hours ago, entropy-- said:

Ok, The recyclers work now, but I still can't switch modules on the Nom-O-Matics. Or is the entire Recycler -> Agroponics -> Habitation thing deprecated?

Function swapping has been deprecated.

Also - for those still experiencing weird issues WRT kerbals becoming tourists, etc., I am tossing out a new patch in a bit :)

13 minutes ago, tsaven said:

I recall you mentioned it a while ago, but has there been any published guidelines for balancing compatibility for other mods?

On 11/23/2016 at 10:47 AM, RoverDude said:

The grand balancing spreadsheet will be released once I am sure the grand balancing is all done :D  Jury is still out, looking for some more feedback first.  Just because while it is ok if I have to suffer through a few patches and swap things around, I would not want to push that on people wanting to do interop.

I'm getting hardcore log spam from latest version:

[LOG 14:48:54.366] ERROR Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object IN ModuleLifeSupport

Happens in both existing and new crafts, manned and unmanned.

Edited by symmeclept
version

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.