[1.12.x] USI Life Support

RoverDude

8 hours ago, Mandella said:

You are right about the stock calibration, but all settings are reachable from the settings screen at the space center. You can just divide/multiply the necessary settings by four easily enough -- no patch needed.

At least that is how I have done it in my RSS game.

I was tweaking the consumation values in-game and found 2 variables that aren't defined in the config wiki (Scout Hab Time and Perma-Hab time).Can you give me a quick introduction to them?

Edit: maybe even a quick look at your USI-LS RSS config , I don't know how much I have to change things and I fear that changing too much is like cheating.

Edited by Mr. Sandman

4 minutes ago, Mr. Sandman said:

Oh last thing : I noticed that LS in the VAB gives me different values than LS on the launchpad.Am I missing something or..?

You must manually start recyclers and hab modules. They're switched off when you launch.

Edited by maja

12 minutes ago, maja said:

You must manually start recyclers and hub modules. They're switched off initialy.

Oh yeah forgot to specify.The screenshot is wrong and the supllies match with the VAB values , but the Hab and  Home values stay different.

Here's the updated screenshot

OUCkGFF.png

Edited by Mr. Sandman

8 hours ago, Mandella said:

You are right about the stock calibration, but all settings are reachable from the settings screen at the space center. You can just divide/multiply the necessary settings by four easily enough -- no patch needed.

The problem is when you see unqualified days, like for example "500 days", is that Kerbin-days or Earth-days?  Others knew that if it was MKS, it's Kerbin-days, but I didn't before now.  Statute miles and nautical miles differ less, but people died in World War 2 because aircraft ranges in statute miles were compared to mission distances in nautical miles.  It's why aircraft always use nautical miles now no matter the service.

If the time is hours, that's okay, because the hour is the same.  But now days should always be qualified as Kerbin-days or Earth-days.

1 hour ago, Mr. Sandman said:

Oh yeah I know , but the values are still off from the VAB values.What am I doing wrong?

Make sure, that you have all habs on (I don't see the rest of the list from VAB) and maybe try to cheat your vessel to orbit to check, if the values are correct there.

24 minutes ago, maja said:

Make sure, that you have all habs on (I don't see the rest of the list from VAB) and maybe try to cheat your vessel to orbit to check, if the values are correct there.

Tried into orbit and with all the Hab active (I checked that all the living modules/Habitat were set to active) but it still says 112 days.Weird.

If you need the other stuff:

Mc1EyCB.png

Edited by Mr. Sandman

2 hours ago, Mr. Sandman said:

Tried into orbit and with all the Hab active (I checked that all the living modules/Habitat were set to active) but it still says 112 days.Weird.

I can say then only, test it with a clean install and USI-LS only and if everything is ok, then it's time to find, what's causing it.

1 minute ago, Mr. Sandman said:

Well that doesn't help much , since I think it works fine in stock KSP , isn't it?(I don't see people complaining about it).

I don't see USI LS in recommended mods of RO and RO isn't ready for KSP 1.3, so it may be part of the problem. I can't help you more. Try RO discussion thread.

2 minutes ago, maja said:

I don't see USI LS in recommended mods of RO and RO isn't ready for KSP 1.3, so it may be part of the problem. I can't help you more. Try RO discussion thread.

Yeah you are right , USI LS is not a suggest RO mod and that is such a shame(It's basically one of the few mods about life support and colonization together!).I will try there , thank you for your help

Edited by Mr. Sandman

6 hours ago, Mr. Sandman said:

I was tweaking the consumation values in-game and found 2 variables that aren't defined in the config wiki (Scout Hab Time and Perma-Hab time).Can you give me a quick introduction to them?

Edit: maybe even a quick look at your USI-LS RSS config , I don't know how much I have to change things and I fear that changing too much is like cheating.

To be honest, I mostly just multiplied anything that showed a day or hour range by 4, and divided anything that showed a rate by 4.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So it might not be terribly accurate to copy from my work. I wouldn't mind seeing a more definitive breakdown of changes needed to go from vanilla USI-LS to RSS /RO compatible configs myself.

3 hours ago, Wildman Rocketry said:

When I download usi life support or MKS the mechanics show up when I load the game but the parts do not. Am I doing something wrong?

Don't know what your doing so it's hard to say.:P  You need to provide a little more information.

What do you mean "...the mechanics show up..."?  Do you see the LS windows in the KSC and VAB/SPH??

What versions of KSP and USI LS/USI MKS are you using? How did you install them (CKAN or manually)?  Are you in a career game and haven't researched them yet?

For future reference, see this thread.

1 minute ago, Brigadier said:

Don't know what your doing so it's hard to say.:P  You need to provide a little more information.

What do you mean "...the mechanics show up..."?  Do you see the LS windows in the KSC and VAB/SPH??

What versions of KSP and USI LS/USI MKS are you using? How did you install them (CKAN or manually)?  Are you in a career game and haven't researched them yet?

For future reference, see this thread.

Oh I'm not new to KSP , it's just that I don't know how to fix this weird display bug.

Let me explain: In the VAB/SPH I have my USI LS window that tells me Supplies , EC and Hab.They tell me I have 2 years worth of supplies and Hab , but then on the Launchpad (with all the life support system active) it says I have 2 years of supplies BUT 112 days of Hab time.

I'm using the 1.2.2 KSP version (since RO 1.3 is not ready yet) and I installed USI LS via CKAN (so I can't be wrong on the version).My gamemode is sandbox.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I always feel inadequate asking any questions about mods online, clearly the answers are out there but I can't seem to find them. I guess when you have such a beloved mod the questions begin to repeat. 

Anyway if you will indulge me. I have read a few guides and while they explain I broad strokes my problem is so simple I can't figure the damn thing out. I am using in conjunction with the KIS inventory mod.

I have a command module with two Kerbals, I add supplies to the command module seat inventory but my Kerbals don't have access to those supplies at launch. I am still limited to 15 days. 

This is an early career game so I do not have access to any greenhouses yet and I have limited habitation solutions. However I am sure I'm doing something wrong with the supplies. 

Is there a guide on the most basic aspects of how to use this mod? Or can someone explain how to get the supplies to work? 

12 hours ago, Mr. Sandman said:

Let me explain: In the VAB/SPH I have my USI LS window that tells me Supplies , EC and Hab.They tell me I have 2 years worth of supplies and Hab , but then on the Launchpad (with all the life support system active) it says I have 2 years of supplies BUT 112 days of Hab time.

I'm using the 1.2.2 KSP version (since RO 1.3 is not ready yet) and I installed USI LS via CKAN (so I can't be wrong on the version).My gamemode is sandbox.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Normally, no support for older versions.  But make sure you actually turned the modules on post launch.  And sorry, you totally CAN be on the wrong version, because CKAN is sketchy as hell.  Especially with out of date versions, and exponentially sketchy with out of date versions and dependencies (which USI-LS has).

4 minutes ago, Alexology said:

I have a command module with two Kerbals, I add supplies to the command module seat inventory but my Kerbals don't have access to those supplies at launch. I am still limited to 15 days. 

This is correct - USI-LS has no awareness of stuff shoved into KIS inventories.  

If your problem is hab, add more pods.

If your problem is supplies... add supply containers.  Or recyclers.  

Make sure you turn hab and recyclers on.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.