[1.12.x] USI Life Support

RoverDude

I'm reviewing some of the numbers on the Wiki, and it looks like the Habitation numbers changed between 0.4.0 when the WIki was last updated, and 0.9.0.0.  Is the following calculation correct given the new hab numbers for the parts? (kmo = kerbal months)

25 (4 seats + 21 bonus) kmo for the PPD-10 + 1 kmo for the PPD-12 = 26 kmo for the seats

PPD-12 has a multiplier of 1.65 so total multiplier = 1 (base vessel) + 1.65 (PPD-12) = 2.65 multiplier

Total kmo is 26 kmo * 2.65 = 68.9 kmo

Edited by notthebobo
Clarified kmo

I have a problem with USI-LS and Career mode: I get rescue contracts where the lost Kerbal is in a Viewing Cupola (I think this is from USI-LS). The Viewing Cupola has no hatch and no docking port, so as far as I can see, I have no possibility of rescuing poor Shelgard until I unlock the Klaw.

4 hours ago, Bogen said:

I have a problem with USI-LS and Career mode: I get rescue contracts where the lost Kerbal is in a Viewing Cupola (I think this is from USI-LS). The Viewing Cupola has no hatch and no docking port, so as far as I can see, I have no possibility of rescuing poor Shelgard until I unlock the Klaw.

Solution:

Prevention:

I have issue with LS: my orange-suited kerbals become homesick after 8 days of flight (that's my fault, i'm pretty new to this mod and send those guys to Minmus without habitation space).Now these kerbals (Jeb and Bob) are tourists for some reason and Minmus lander mission is failed. But that's not an issue, I can deal with this. The issue is that when I'm decouple any part of that vessel and switch back to KSC, my entire communication network disappears (reproduced few times, that happens only when hab time for those kerbals changes).  That looks like a bug but that's rather topic for github.

After some investigations I've found that Vet Names in mod config are in English but my game is localized and now I'm wondering can it be an issue? Like orange-suited kerbals names do not match to VetNames in mod configs and that's why mod applies common habitation rules for those guys? And should I change mod config or just switch game back to English?

Also I have a question: where are the settings for actual saved game? I tried to modify \GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries\LifeSupport\Settings.cfg and these changes were not reflected in my save. And vise versa: I modified LifeSupport setting from in-game UI and these modifications didn't affect mentioned Settings.cfg

Just now, MiB2k said:

Also I have a question: where are the settings for actual saved game? I tried to modify \GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries\LifeSupport\Settings.cfg and these changes were not reflected in my save. And vise versa: I modified LifeSupport setting from in-game UI and these modifications didn't affect mentioned Settings.cfg

Those are defaults only - use the life support icon in the space center scene to change the settings in-game.

2 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

Those are defaults only - use the life support icon in the space center scene to change the settings in-game.

Thanks for that tip, it will solve my issue at the moment. And how about previous question? Why the game doesn't consider those guys as vets? Is that because their names are localized?

19 minutes ago, MiB2k said:

Thanks for that tip, it will solve my issue at the moment. And how about previous question? Why the game doesn't consider those guys as vets? Is that because their names are localized?

Check the settings for vets when you go to that scene.

26 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

All settings for vets were set to 1, but the actual vet names are in other language. Even setting vet settings to 0 via in-game UI didn't affect Jeb and Bob so I had to set all values to 0. Only after that something changed

I’m thinking of adding life support to my next career, and this looks suitably ‘Kerbal’. But from the title it appears to only work in 1.3. @RoverDude can you confirm this? 

Edit: I had a look at the Github releases and the last couple of pages and it looks ok. Disregard this :)

New question: in my new career, I will be using a 10x rescaled Kerbol system. Will this mod work with that?

Edited by RealKerbal3x

5 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

New question: in my new career, I will be using a 10x rescaled Kerbol system. Will this mod work with that?

Sure - though you may want to alter some of the defaults.  Which can be done in-game through the UI, or prior to starting a new game by editing a config file.

RoverDude,

I've been using USI-LS almost since I bought KSP a couple months ago. I ran across some odd part definitions when building a space station where some of your parts didn't allow surface attachments and some of the nodes seemed a little off. I've patched it for my game, but below is the set of patches if you feel like including them in an update at some point. I'm don't know what the convention is for submitting a change like this, so I'm including it here.

//
// Fix USI LS Parts to better match stock parts attachment rules. By default
// none of these allowed surface attachment of other parts to them.
//
@PART[USILS_Greenhouse_Inline]:FINAL
{
    @attachRules = 1,0,1,1,0 // only node attachment
}
// Adjust bottom node to be at bottom of part
@PART[USILS_Greenhouse_MiniCupola,USILS_SmCupola]:FINAL
{
    @attachRules = 1,1,1,1,0 // can be surface attached
    @node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -.15, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 1
}
// Add top node similar to standard Cupola. 
@PART[USILS_Greenhouse_Cupola]:FINAL
{
    @attachRules = 1,0,1,1,0 // only node attachment
    node_stack_top = 0.0, 1.00, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1
}
// Add top node similar to standard Cupola. 
// Adjust nodes to be at edges of part
@PART[USILS_ViewingCupola]:FINAL
{
    @attachRules = 1,1,1,1,0 // node  and surface attachment
    node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.70, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1
    @node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -.10, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 1
}

I ran into a glitch I think:

basicaly had a pilot turn tourist while taking tourists to the mun and back. didn't think they were even out the 15 days but I guess maybe I was a bit too economical on the fuel for the transfer.

So anyway, the return shuttle is on an atmobrake maneuver to home, I switch to it as it's starting to hit atmo and try to retract the solar panels. which is when I found that Melgard Kerman had gone on strike.

Fortunately the panels survived the first high pass through the atmosphere and I quickly switched to mission control and launched a rescue mission. with some hard fuel expensive burns I caught it just after the second pass through the atmosphere, sent an Irdrin the engineer over and KAS'd some life support... and yep they've got food now but he's still on strike. figured I'd dock just for excrementss and giggles. More problems with that because I'd forgotten to put solar on the rescue shuttle and ran out of power, sent Irdrin back over to steal one of the rescuee's panels and stick it on the rescue shuttle, that done I docked. finally. yup the other pilot is still on strike. tried save, quit, reload. still nothing. so I took this picture which shows the problem:

kKNUCqH.png

As you can see, Melgard is still playing Tourist even though she's got 7days of food now.

I thought I read that they'd go off strike if nearly home? so that didn't seem to work either if that's an actual thing.

I guess worst case scenario I can maybe transfer kerbals around and the engineer can fly one of the shuttles back.

1 hour ago, se5a said:

As you can see, Melgard is still playing Tourist even though she's got 7days of food now.

I thought I read that they'd go off strike if nearly home? so that didn't seem to work either if that's an actual thing.

I guess worst case scenario I can maybe transfer kerbals around and the engineer can fly one of the shuttles back.

I'm not sure if this is the solution to your problem, but I believe you have to be within something like 30km (??) of the surface for a striking Kerbal to return to active duty.  Maybe that's just for Homesickness, which for Melgard appears to be indefinite, so I could be way off.

Hello everyone,

I just today started playing with mods (or tried to) and some grafics enhancements aside, my main focus lay on making the game more life-support and kolonisation, for which I wanted to use USI Life-support and MKS.

Now, after 7 hours of getting these mods to work I'm close to simply giving up. Copying the Mods into the game-data folder doesn't seem to work, while I do have the NOMS and Construction buttons in my toolbar, the parts (NOMS-storage-tanks, all the MKS pieces) don't turn up either in the tech tree or in the VAB. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong, or if there are other mods that need to be installed? I'd really apreciate the help.

2 hours ago, paranoider.ninja said:

Hello everyone,

I just today started playing with mods (or tried to) and some grafics enhancements aside, my main focus lay on making the game more life-support and kolonisation, for which I wanted to use USI Life-support and MKS.

Now, after 7 hours of getting these mods to work I'm close to simply giving up. Copying the Mods into the game-data folder doesn't seem to work, while I do have the NOMS and Construction buttons in my toolbar, the parts (NOMS-storage-tanks, all the MKS pieces) don't turn up either in the tech tree or in the VAB. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong, or if there are other mods that need to be installed? I'd really apreciate the help.

Sounds like you likely copied wrong.  Please post a picture of your gamedata folder.  Keep in mind that if the zip file has a gamedata folder you copy the CONTENTS of gamedata into gamedata.  You should not have a folder structure like "c:\KSP\gamedata\gamedata"

43 minutes ago, paranoider.ninja said:

Thanks for the reply, MKS isn't registered in CKAN, but LS is, I think I got everything sorted out now. If not, I'll ask for help again.

I shows up as USI Kolonization Systems (MKS/OKS) or just filter the list by author RoverDude to find all the USI mods.

I'm back... with more problems, after installing the USI constellation mod some more parts showed up in the VAB and all the ones I expected are now in the tech tree. The NOMS-Tanks are still nowhere to be found though, same with the kolonisation modules (I checked in a save, where I had all technologies researched)

Here are my KSP folder and a CKAN-screenshot, if anyone can figure out what's wrong and tell me, that would be great.

https://imgur.com/PxMBuQo

https://imgur.com/2EwGjyN

the Umbra subfolders are untouched

Edited by paranoider.ninja
adding info

Here's my view of CAKN filtered the same way. https://imgur.com/tGL7UoX

Looking at your CKAN screenshot, you still have crud from trying to manually install the mods preventing CKAN from installing them. Konstruction shows with an AD instead of checkbox because CKAN knows it didn't install it. I think this may be why MKS doesn't have a checkbox either.

I would close CKAN and KSP and then scrub the GamaData tree of any of the mods you tried to manually install and only use CKAN to install them.

8 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

Valentina is no tourist anymore, but her (P) is always red. It doesn't seem to affect anything, but I wonder why it's red.

Red P is never good. Could be a urinary tract infection, or point to some sort of kidney problem :sticktongue:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.