[1.12.x] USI Life Support

RoverDude

[quote name='Venusgate']It may be my playstyle, but a trip to minmus and back takes dangerously close to 15 days. But a snacks for one for 15 days is way too little to use the 1.25 tank, or even an asymmetrical radial tank. Any chance of a wee tank, or procedural parts cfg?[/QUOTE]

Use one or two life support mini paks? the 1.25 holds 500 and the mini paks hold 100 each. They should be right before the 1.25 inline tanks in the list.

~M~

[COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='GokouZWAR']Ok no sweat. I've already rolled back to 1.5, but if it won't make a diff i'll put it back to "1.6" and roll with it. [/QUOTE]

Using the previous version will cause all kinds of exceptions to be thrown. At least it did for me when I tried the same thing while testing.

[quote name='GokouZWAR'] ... This apparently has worked perfectly, because now she's back to engineer status. :) Are there any other places I should modify?[/QUOTE]

If you can recall what each one was that you hired, it will work for you, certainly. You could even change all of the orange suits to be pilots if you felt like it. However, I will stand by what I said earlier ... give RD a chance to fix whatever is causing the problem. He'll find it and drop a MKS base on it to squish it permanently. Doing a "workaround" to solve your immediate issue is completely legit, but let's not take this too far and assume it will not get fixed pretty fast.

~M~ Edited by Mynar Moonshadow
speeling optional

Resupplying the base is supposed to be enough. This thing with tourists seems to be a bug in the latest release or in it's interactions with 1.0.5 (which started recording professions in the save file, instead of computing them from names).

[quote name='Kershu5']One more issue.. I resupplied a base that ran out of food, but the engineers within are still Tourists. ..I don't have to send them home to Kerbin first do I?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Johould']Resupplying the base is supposed to be enough. This thing with tourists seems to be a bug in the latest release or in it's interactions with 1.0.5 (which started recording professions in the save file, instead of computing them from names).[/QUOTE]

If you read up above, this is what we've been discussing. Its apparently a known issue. Unfortunatly when this happened to me, (when the kerbals ran out of supplies and turned to tourists) they are permanatly changed to tourists. I've done some hacking to my save file to restore them back to "normal" again, but unless you know what they were prior and you're comfortable working in your save file by hand, your best bet is to wait until a fix is in place or don't let your kerbals run out of supplies.

[quote name='Mynar Moonshadow']
Using the previous version will cause all kinds of exceptions to be thrown. At least it did for me when I tried the same thing while testing. If you can recall what each one was that you hired, it will work for you, certainly. You could even change all of the orange suits to be pilots if you felt like it. However, I will stand by what I said earlier ... give RD a chance to fix whatever is causing the problem. He'll find it and drop a MKS base on it to squish it permanently. Doing a "workaround" to solve your immediate issue is completely legit, but let's not take this too far and assume it will not get fixed pretty fast.~M~[/QUOTE]

normally I'd agree but roverdude hasn't said anything yet...he also hasn't been streaming the past few days so i'm thinking he's on a leave for a bit which is fine, he works pretty hard already. Just worries me that with the holiday coming up soon he may not be as into doing development right now and i'm trying to get as much streaming in before next monday when albion online's closed beta starts up again.

[COLOR=silver][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Kershu5']My apologies, Gokou, didn't realize, you're right I should have read. So.. Huh. Permanently. Well if you could, how do I adjust that save file? I don't know what to look for.[/QUOTE]

its a couple of posts up on the previous page of what I edited. You'll need to search in the persistant.sfs file for the kerbal's name, then switch the three tags I noted. They're in two separate areas within the file for each kerbal.

Once you're done editing it, don't forget to load the game, then do a quick f5 to overwrite the previous quicksave file with the changes. Otherwise the next time you quickload you'll have to do it all over again.

I've taken a few months off KSP but looking to get back into it now. Just before I stopped this thread had quite a bit going on about requiring kerbals to have extra crew capacity for longer missions. The OP doesn't mention anything about that now though. Is it still a WIP or was it scrapped or moved to one of Roverdude's other awesome mods?

[quote name='mreadshaw']I've taken a few months off KSP but looking to get back into it now. Just before I stopped this thread had quite a bit going on about requiring kerbals to have extra crew capacity for longer missions. The OP doesn't mention anything about that now though. Is it still a WIP or was it scrapped or moved to one of Roverdude's other awesome mods?[/QUOTE]

No, its still going. Theres a minor bug if you let the kerbals run out of supplies...so don't. ;) They turn into permanent tourists...:(

[quote name='GokouZWAR']No, its still going. Theres a minor bug if you let the kerbals run out of supplies...so don't. ;) They turn into permanent tourists...:([/QUOTE]

Rofl, do they seriously change their status to tourist?

You can probably fix that by editing the persistence file, in theory.

[SIZE=5][B][COLOR=#FF0000]0.1.7.0 IS UP[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

0.1.7 - 2015.11.19
------------------
Pushed version number up a bit due to some version number shenanigans
Adjusted mass of Nom-O-Matic 5000 (thanks mhoram!)
Corrected various part costs (thanks fat-lobyte!)
Fixed an issue where returned Kerbals were remaining tourists

Minor addendum - if you have Kerbals that should not be tourists, just remove the 'trait = Tourist' line from the persistence file and it will reset to their correct trait automagically.

Hi there,

I have a short question. Is it normal that Kerbals only start "starving" as soon as they are leaving Kerbin atmosphere?
Because currently I'm having the issue that when Kerbals are in a Vessel at Kerbins Atmosphere (doesnt matter if flying or not)
they will use any supplies on board, but as soon as these run out the timer stops at zero. They wont start "starving".
The timer only starts running again/ they start starving if you reaches the upper atmosphere/space.
I tried to stay a few days in Orbit and returned when they only had like one day left before they would have died. When I left space the timer resetted completely to zero and they had 15 left again.

My Question(s) is (are): Is this some sort of intentional Feature? Did maybe I just do something wrong? Or is this simply something that still needs to be fixed?

Thanks in advance for any help.

[quote name='GokouZWAR']No, its still going. Theres a minor bug if you let the kerbals run out of supplies...so don't. ;) They turn into permanent tourists...:([/QUOTE]

Cool thanks! Is there information about how it works somewhere and is it included in the main download or a special WIP version? I'll download and check it out!

[quote name='RoverDude'][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=#FF0000]0.1.7.0 IS UP[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

0.1.7 - 2015.11.19
------------------
Pushed version number up a bit due to some version number shenanigans
Adjusted mass of Nom-O-Matic 5000 (thanks mhoram!)
Corrected various part costs (thanks fat-lobyte!)
Fixed an issue where returned Kerbals were remaining tourists

[COLOR=silver][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Minor addendum - if you have Kerbals that should not be tourists, just remove the 'trait = Tourist' line from the persistence file and it will reset to their correct trait automagically.[/QUOTE]

Um...Does this conflict with TAC-LS? Or does it cover all the functions of TAC-LS? Some of my other installed mods might have dependencies on TAC-LS...

[quote name='howkong']Um...Does this conflict with TAC-LS? Or does it cover all the functions of TAC-LS? Some of my other installed mods might have dependencies on TAC-LS...[/QUOTE]

It is another Life support mod yes. You don't want to run 2 separate LS mods generally. Your Kerbals will get confused on what they are supposed to eat.

I'm really curious to see the fatigue thing (time outside of Kerbin) come into play. While I'll love to have a reason to cycle kerbals on stations and bases, I'm also concerned about missions whithout an easy return ticket, like an Eve trip. Can't wait to see how's R.Dude's gonna solve that.

Not sure whether this is related to 1.0.5 itself, or just due to the latest USI-LS update...

I am quite sure I always had the LifeSuport icon in the aplauncher in the space center scene (or at least in the tacking station), giving me an immediate overview of all vessels and their LS status.

Now I only get the icon in the applauncher when flying a vessel, which is somewhat inconvenient.
Was this an intended change?
Any chance of bringing back the icon to the space center and/or tracking station?

I'm really looking forward to the whole Home/Rest mechanics - that seems like it's a major missing piece right now, and gives meaning to part packs like Porkjet's inflatable hab modules, which otherwise are just crew cabins.

I really like "Homesickness" as a term - it's descriptive and whimsical, in the same way that Mulch is, and more importantly it's meaning is strongly intuitive - you cure homesickness by going home.

I'm not sure if "Rest" is equally intuitive though? Since this apparently resets on EVA, would something like "Boredom" be a little clearer? "Fatigue" would imply to me that *not* using the Kerbal would be the way to restore fatigue, but "Boredom" would imply that this Kerbal needs to get up and do something.

(This is mostly assuming I've got a decent handle on how this is intended to work).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.