[1.12.x] USI Life Support

RoverDude

7 minutes ago, Motokid600 said:

Ive since returned Kerbals who have "gone off duty" and labeled as tourists back home. However I see they're still sitting in the astronaut complex as tourists. Is there something more that needs to be done for them to return to duty? Certain number of days need to pass by? I see some people are having similar issues up above, but none pertain to Kerbals already home it seems.

That should be enough.  There was a bug a couple versions ago where that would happen, but it was thought fixed.  What version are you running?

(Note that even if you're out of date, updating to the latest version won't help these Kerbals.  The only fix if they get stuck is to edit your save file.)

Oh sorry, all up to date on USI-LS. They returned in a capsule. Capsule was recovered. They've been in the astronaut complex ever since. Do I just have to take them on a little stroll or something? :P Ill give it a shot asap.

Edited by Motokid600

0.5.19 - 2017.01.16... Oi vay. Sorry Roverdude i dont know how I missed that. :blush: Could've sworn I updated the whole package the other night. That'd be the issue. So as far as editing the save file as DStaal mentioned. Is there anything that can be done?

13 hours ago, Motokid600 said:

0.5.19 - 2017.01.16... Oi vay. Sorry Roverdude i dont know how I missed that. :blush: Could've sworn I updated the whole package the other night. That'd be the issue. So as far as editing the save file as DStaal mentioned. Is there anything that can be done?

The save file is just a text file, so changing the profession of a kerbal is as simple as opening the save file in a text editor, searching for the name of the kerbal to find the block where they are defined, then change the profession name from the old profession(Tourist in this case) to the new profession.(I think there are 2 places where it needs to be changed, but I have not done this in a while and that might no longer be the case)

As always, make a back-up copy of your save file before making any changes, just in case.

I would provide more detailed instructions, but it has been a while since I did this, and I do not have a save file handy to identify the relevant labels and such.

13 hours ago, Motokid600 said:

If it's the old bug you're suffering - check this forum link to see if it fixes it

On 4/9/2017 at 8:11 PM, Merkov said:

Since you mention the vessel not being loaded, I'm guessing you're tracking EC usage through the USI-LS toolbar button? It's only an estimate, and doesn't track generation. When you return to the vessel in question, the game's catch-up mechanics should figure out how much EC you would have produced since the last time you were in physics range.

I'm having this same issue where USI thinks that my station has ran out of EC, but when I switch to it it has plenty of EC left, all my stations have enough pannels+ batteries+reactors, will my scientists keep on researching evene if USI-LS interface thinks they are out of electricity?

1 hour ago, Noobton said:

I'm having this same issue where USI thinks that my station has ran out of EC, but when I switch to it it has plenty of EC left, all my stations have enough pannels+ batteries+reactors, will my scientists keep on researching evene if USI-LS interface thinks they are out of electricity?

Yes the ec numbers on the USI-LS screen are just an estimation and won't actually affect anything

Hey all,

I have a question why my kerbals behave like they do. I have GPP and various other mods installed but none of them should interfere with USI LS as this is the only LS Mod.

Here are my Settings and Information from LS: 

Current Mission Time is around 21 Days. Valentina and Alice are in an MK1-2 Pod, which will be used as my Lander. The Others stay in the Rocket, wich contains the Hab Parts. The 2 Parts are decoupled by a real decoupler not my docking Ports if this matters.

Now i Decouple the 2 Kerbals and after the Ships drift apart Alice returns Home. My Understanding is, that Alice should still have 7days of Hab after they are decoupled from the Main Rocket?

Can someone explain to me whats and why this is happening?

Thanks in Advance

Hey yall,

First time I've had a bug, and it cost me a vet. I was on a classic career save and had a vessel coming into SOI of minmus, when Jeb turned into a tourist. I checked my supplies, and he has about 46 days left of supplies. This happened after I focused my view on another body in the Kerbol system. 

Any ideas?

USI Version: 0.5.24.0 from CKAN

KSP Version 1.2

Edit: I was 9 days into the mission.

Edited by BamaMedic
Added more information to my post.

21 minutes ago, BamaMedic said:

Hey yall,

First time I've had a bug, and it cost me a vet. I was on a classic career save and had a vessel coming into SOI of minmus, when Jeb turned into a tourist. I checked my supplies, and he has about 46 days left of supplies. This happened after I focused my view on another body in the Kerbol system. 

Any ideas?

USI Version: 0.5.24.0 from CKAN

KSP Version 1.2

Edit: I was 9 days into the mission.

You almost certainly ran out of hab time. Did you have any parts on your vessel that affected hab or was it just a Mk1 Command Pod?

Just now, TheRagingIrishman said:

You almost certainly ran out of hab time. Did you have any parts on your vessel that affected hab or was it just a Mk1 Command Pod?

Yeah I would assume I ran out of hab time, but I had plenty of supplies/electricity? 

I was using the mk I command pod with the 1.25 USI life support tank. When I clicked on the green cube, it said I still had 46 days remaining. Batteries were fully charged. 

11 minutes ago, BamaMedic said:

Yeah I would assume I ran out of hab time, but I had plenty of supplies/electricity? 

I was using the mk I command pod with the 1.25 USI life support tank. When I clicked on the green cube, it said I still had 46 days remaining. Batteries were fully charged. 

USI-LS has 3 separate things that you need in order for your kerbals to stay normal: Supplies, ElectricCharge, and Habitation. These all work separately of each other so having lots of supplies doesn't affect habitation. Habitation is an abstract of the idea that you can't keep someone inside a tiny space for a long time or else they'll go insane. With USI-LS, you can increase Hab time by adding more seats but leaving them empty (any part that can hold crew), adding habitation modules (Hitchhikers) or adding habitation multipliers (Cupolas). When designing crafts with USI-LS installed, make sure you check the stuff in the Green Cube Screen that talks about Supplies and the stuff that talks about Habitation.

Just now, TheRagingIrishman said:

USI-LS has 3 separate things that you need in order for your kerbals to stay normal: Supplies, ElectricCharge, and Habitation. These all work separately of each other so having lots of supplies doesn't affect habitation. Habitation is an abstract of the idea that you can't keep someone inside a tiny space for a long time or else they'll go insane. With USI-LS, you can increase Hab time by adding more seats but leaving them empty (any part that can hold crew), adding habitation modules (Hitchhikers) or adding habitation multipliers (Cupolas). When designing crafts with USI-LS installed, make sure you check the stuff in the Green Cube Screen that talks about Supplies and the stuff that talks about Habitation.

Wow, thank you. I've been using RoverDude's mods, probably since he first released them. And I never knew that. Does doing EVAs do anything for habitation? So I'm assuming for a quick trip (like fly bys of Duna/Mun) that only require one Kerbal, I just need to have at least 1 empty seat

Thank you for your responses.

12 hours ago, Skalio said:

Current Mission Time is around 21 Days. Valentina and Alice are in an MK1-2 Pod, which will be used as my Lander. The Others stay in the Rocket, wich contains the Hab Parts. The 2 Parts are decoupled by a real decoupler not my docking Ports if this matters.

Now i Decouple the 2 Kerbals and after the Ships drift apart Alice returns Home. My Understanding is, that Alice should still have 7days of Hab after they are decoupled from the Main Rocket?

Can someone explain to me whats and why this is happening?

Thanks in Advance

3 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Sorry, not enough context on that one.  Best guess is your hab reduced when the vessels decoupled

Probably this issue? https://github.com/BobPalmer/USI-LS/issues/232

9 hours ago, BamaMedic said:

Wow, thank you. I've been using RoverDude's mods, probably since he first released them. And I never knew that. Does doing EVAs do anything for habitation? So I'm assuming for a quick trip (like fly bys of Duna/Mun) that only require one Kerbal, I just need to have at least 1 empty seat

Habitation has 2 components:

Current module: resets any time you EVA and is based on the hab time if your current vessel

Homesickness: Resets only on Kerbin and is based on the best vessel that kerbal has been aboard sine they were last on Kerbin.Pilots and explorers are immune to homesickness (and current module time I think) so long as they have at least 1 year of hab-time in the current vessel.

Colonization modules can be used to reverse the clock on both timers by consuming Colony supplies(does not work after they become tourists)

Medical modules can return Kerbals to work once they have become tourists(or mutinous probably) but consume colony supplies(only works on Kerbals that have stopped working I believe)

Any vessel with a hab-time of > 50 years counts as having an indefinite hab time(aka will not have active hab counters).

Any vessel landed on a body with a >=500% colonization bonus and at least 1 year of hab time will count as having an indefinite hab-time

One possible option is to build a really nice station with huge hab-time in kerbin orbit and dock your small vessel to that to give a high home-sickness counter, then use KAC to EVA before the current vessel hab-timer runs out.

Personally I find that a few extra hitchikers and a bunch of viewing couplas(the ones with a 0.7 multiplier) will generally make my kerbals pretty content for a trip to Duna.

(Last night I landed my second batch of Kerbals on Duna, while the first batch just did flags and footprints, this batch is currently using GC to assemble a series of facilities that will let them become permanent residents once completed)

18 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Sorry, not enough context on that one.  Best guess is your hab reduced when the vessels decoupled

What further Information do you need on this Topic? I use KSP 1.2.2. and Keep my Mods up to Date using CKAN so i use USI LS 0.5.24

My Modlist, using CKAN inside the Spoiler, additional GPP:

I Also added some Hab Values to the parts from VenStockRevamp, also seen in Spoilers, maybe there is the error.

Spoiler

{
    "kind": "metapackage",
    "abstract": "A list of modules installed on the default KSP instance",
    "name": "installed-default",
    "license": "unknown",
    "version": "2017.04.24.06.17.46",
    "identifier": "installed-default",
    "spec_version": "v1.6",
    "recommends": [
        {
            "name": "Karbonite"
        },
        {
            "name": "USI-Core"
        },
        {
            "name": "ModuleManager"
        },
        {
            "name": "NearFutureElectrical-Core"
        },
        {
            "name": "BetterBurnTime"
        },
        {
            "name": "Chatterer"
        },
        {
            "name": "KerbalEngineerRedux"
        },
        {
            "name": "PreciseManeuver"
        },
        {
            "name": "ReentryParticleEffect"
        },
        {
            "name": "USI-NuclearRockets"
        },
        {
            "name": "USITools"
        },
        {
            "name": "DeployableEngines"
        },
        {
            "name": "NearFutureConstruction"
        },
        {
            "name": "NearFutureElectrical"
        },
        {
            "name": "NearFutureSolar"
        },
        {
            "name": "NearFuturePropulsion"
        },
        {
            "name": "CommunityTechTree"
        },
        {
            "name": "B9PartSwitch"
        },
        {
            "name": "NearFutureProps"
        },
        {
            "name": "NearFutureSolar-Core"
        },
        {
            "name": "ModularFlightIntegrator"
        },
        {
            "name": "Konstruction"
        },
        {
            "name": "USI-EXP"
        },
        {
            "name": "Kopernicus"
        },
        {
            "name": "NearFuturePropulsion-LowThrustEP"
        },
        {
            "name": "MalemuteRover"
        },
        {
            "name": "KSPInterstellarExtended"
        },
        {
            "name": "USI-LS"
        },
        {
            "name": "ConfigurableContainers-Core"
        },
        {
            "name": "CommunityResourcePack"
        },
        {
            "name": "AT-Utils"
        },
        {
            "name": "NearFutureSpacecraft"
        },
        {
            "name": "CommunityCategoryKit"
        },
        {
            "name": "FirespitterCore"
        },
        {
            "name": "InterstellarFuelSwitch-Core"
        },
        {
            "name": "SmokeScreen"
        },
        {
            "name": "FilterExtensions"
        },
        {
            "name": "HideEmptyTechNodes"
        },
        {
            "name": "KerbalJointReinforcement"
        },
        {
            "name": "USI-FTT"
        },
        {
            "name": "KerbalAlarmClock"
        },
        {
            "name": "TweakScale"
        },
        {
            "name": "BetterTimeWarpCont"
        },
        {
            "name": "RealPlume-StockConfigs"
        },
        {
            "name": "RealPlume"
        },
        {
            "name": "SCANsat"
        },
        {
            "name": "xScience"
        },
        {
            "name": "ContractParser"
        },
        {
            "name": "ContractConfigurator-Tourism"
        },
        {
            "name": "ContractConfigurator-RoverMissionsRedux"
        },
        {
            "name": "ContractConfigurator-KerbinSpaceStation"
        },
        {
            "name": "ContractConfigurator"
        },
        {
            "name": "KerbalPlanetaryBaseSystems"
        },
        {
            "name": "UniversalStorage"
        },
        {
            "name": "ContractsWindowPlus"
        },
        {
            "name": "SpacetuxSA"
        },
        {
            "name": "ProgressParser"
        },
        {
            "name": "ContractConfigurator-FieldResearch"
        },
        {
            "name": "InterstellarFuelSwitch"
        },
        {
            "name": "CryoTanks"
        },
        {
            "name": "CryoEngines"
        },
        {
            "name": "Firespitter"
        },
        {
            "name": "FirespitterResourcesConfig"
        },
        {
            "name": "KSPRescuePodFix"
        },
        {
            "name": "VenStockRevamp"

INFO: I added the Hab Value for the Kerbal Safety Bubbles in the .cfg data like this:

MODULE 
    {
        name = ModuleHabitation
        BaseKerbalMonths = 5
        CrewCapacity = 1
        BaseHabMultiplier = 0
        ConverterName = Habitat
        StartActionName = Start Habitat
        StopActionName = Stop Habitat        
        INPUT_RESOURCE
        }
MODULE

Ingame Values seem like they show the correct values, but maybe there is the Problem

{
            "name": "ContractConfigurator-CleverSats"
        },
        {
            "name": "TransferWindowPlanner"
        },
        {
            "name": "AlternateResourcePanel"
        },
        {
            "name": "TriggerAu-Flags"
        },
        {
            "name": "ColorCodedCans"
        },
        {
            "name": "FuelTanksPlus"
        },
        {
            "name": "StationPartsExpansion"
        },
        {
            "name": "DMagicOrbitalScience"
        },
        {
            "name": "PortraitStats"
        },
        {
            "name": "SurfaceExperimentPack"
        },
        {
            "name": "KAS"
        },
        {
            "name": "KIS"
        },
        {
            "name": "Scatterer-config"
        },
        {
            "name": "Scatterer"
        },
        {
            "name": "surfacelights"
        },
        {
            "name": "ContractConfigurator-RemoteTech"
        },
        {
            "name": "RemoteTech"
        },
        {
            "name": "ContractConfigurator-GrandTours"
        },
        {
            "name": "ExtraPlanetaryLaunchpads"
        },
        {
            "name": "SpaceDock"
        },
        {
            "name": "CrewQueueTwo"
        },
        {
            "name": "PlanetShine-Config-Default"
        },
        {
            "name": "PlanetShine"
        },
        {
            "name": "DistantObject"
        },
        {
            "name": "AstronikiSunflareforScatterer"
        },
        {
            "name": "TextureReplacer"
        },
        {
            "name": "DistantObject-default"
        }
    ]
}

For My Ship i go From Top to Bottom:

MK1-2 Pod => Science, Supplies Stuff => Docking Port => Engine => Decoupler =>MK2 Lander Can with 2 micro Safety Bubbles (1 Crew Capacity, Habitation: 6 Kerbal Month, 1 Crew) => Decoupler with Main Stage

My Kerbals have been 2 in the MK1-2 Command Pod (valentina and Alice), 2 inside the Lander, and 2 inside the Safety Bubbles since the start. my LS Window shoes 58d of Hab if 6 Kerbals are on the Ship.

After i Decoupled the Command Pod and the Lander, Alice returned home to KSC, due to no Hab left, and i do not get why? In my understanding the Command Pod should have 7 Days of Hab with my Settings, which should start after they are decoupled?

I Am really glad for help, and if you need more information just let me know!

14 hours ago, maja said:

Tank you, but I dont think this is the same issue, as i suppose it was my fault or me not checking how Hab works if they are decoupled.

Edited by Skalio
Add. Info

Hello

i have this weird question

is it possible to get TAC LS and USI LS to work together, removing USI Ls supply requirements?

I ask this because i would prefer Tac ls for its resources but i also like USI ls scope( habitation, health, space madness will be added soon)

is there a way to merge them removing some USI features or they are completely uncompatible?

I use USI kolonization, and i do want to use all of its features including habitation pods.

Basically my question is: Is it possible to make TAC ls and USI ls work together with USI kolonization?

31 minutes ago, NikusCraft said:

Basically my question is: Is it possible to make TAC ls and USI ls work together with USI kolonization?

If you mean USI-MKS when you said USI-Kolonization, then you can have all  3 installed and manage the resources for both LS mods at the same time.

If you do not want to manage Supplies from USI-LS then set the effect of not having supplies to None, and just never send any.(this can be done in the USI configuration UI available from the USI button at the space center screen)

You can do the same with Electricity and/or Habitation as well.

(I do not think you can actually turn off electricity consumption from the UI though, you may need to edit the config for that)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.