[1.12.x] USI Life Support

RoverDude

2 minutes ago, jpinard said:

Oh darn.  Do any of them do that?  Like you need to have a rotating chamber for them to live in or they go nutso or get unhealthy?

I don't know if any "require" it.  However MKS does have a rotating part that give them lots of habitation, which is a requirement for USI-LS.  You can roleplay that part of that habitation comes from gravity.

2 hours ago, goldenpsp said:

I don't know if any "require" it.  However MKS does have a rotating part that give them lots of habitation, which is a requirement for USI-LS.  You can roleplay that part of that habitation comes from gravity.

USI requires ample housing space over and above vanilla?  If so that's fantastic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Azalen said:

This might be a stupid question but is there a reason why stock station parts dont have habitation values? For example this one:

That's from Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux, not stock (try saying that ten times fast). The patch to make those parts work with USI LS is included in the station parts mod, but it doesn't patch any parts that have no crew capacity. I could see an argument for why crew tubes should add a small amount of hab multiplier, but I'm not aware of any parts that increase hab time without having crew capacity.

Also, if nobody's welcomed you to the forums yet, welcome to the forums!

Thanks for the welcome :)

I mean it is called "Crew Tube" and when you play with USI Life Support this part has no value, right? The whole point of building bigger space stations is for habitation (at least in my current view (early game, first station orbiting kerbin))?

Well, if a part is just for the movement of Kerbals, air and EC then it's arguable whether it should add to habitation.  It could be considered like a corridor in your house - it allows you to move between rooms but you don't sleep, recreate, relax, or work (i.e. live) there.

38 minutes ago, Terwin said:

The Firespitter mod(also managed by RoverDude) needs an update, and anything with dlls probably needs a re-compile.

Seems to work fine for me. But then, that might be because I'm using the version specifically listed as being updated for KSP 1.8 and released a good week ago.

9 hours ago, rmaine said:

Seems to work fine for me. But then, that might be because I'm using the version specifically listed as being updated for KSP 1.8 and released a good week ago.

The CKAN versions were preemptively updated by someone else and may not have been accurate for all USI mods, but as you can see just above my post, RoverDude has just released a version that does work.

The catalog link in RoverDude's signature will have the definitive compatibility and latest versions of course. 

11 hours ago, Terwin said:

The CKAN versions were preemptively updated by someone else and may not have been accurate for all USI mods, but as you can see just above my post, RoverDude has just released a version that does work.

The catalog link in RoverDude's signature will have the definitive compatibility and latest versions of course. 

So I see. Makes me mildly curious how it came to be that someone else was able to update the CKAN version. But then I know very little about that end of CKAN. I mostly don't need to know, though this does make me a little cautious about immediately accepting CKAN updates in general.

47 minutes ago, rmaine said:

So I see. Makes me mildly curious how it came to be that someone else was able to update the CKAN version. But then I know very little about that end of CKAN. I mostly don't need to know, though this does make me a little cautious about immediately accepting CKAN updates in general.

It's just how CKAN works.  In some cases there are mods where the auther never put their mod on ckan but someone else created the file to list it.

1 hour ago, rmaine said:

I'm recalling that the USI mods had been listed on CKAN as 1.*+ Or "any" for some time, regardless of the actual game version they actually supported.

They get updated fairly quickly upon new game versions, so it never caused much grief.

13 minutes ago, OutOfAblator said:

I'm having a problem where it doesn't matter how much or how little habitation I have on the vessel, the habitation thing says indefinite. is that a disabled setting?

Disabled by default.  From the main KSC page, click on the USI-LS icon on the toolbar.  It will open the settings and you can add Hab back into the mix.

28 minutes ago, OutOfAblator said:

I'm having a problem where it doesn't matter how much or how little habitation I have on the vessel, the habitation thing says indefinite. is that a disabled setting?

Where are you?  Kerbals don't have habitation issues on their home planet...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.