[1.12.x] USI Life Support

RoverDude

5 hours ago, Jebs_SY said:

I am using USI-LS 0.5.19 and have the problem that it does not calculates the recyclers correct, when the ship is in the background.

Everything works well, when the ship is in the foreground. I made a quick video to show. to much supplies get used, when the ship is in the background (with enabled recyclers).

One more thing I've noticed AFTER the video, the strange habitation calculation. All 3 Kerbals are in the Command pod, the ship has a hitchhiker storage container and three 1 person recyclers and 1500 supplies.

So things to notice in this video:
-the supply usage  of ~48/day instead of the announced ~20/day when the ship is in background
-the different habitation for all 3 kerbals (vals hab and hs is frozen in the first fast forward run)
-the EC time left "jump" while the ship was in background

*help* Anyone has an idea whats wrong? Exception monitoring is on, but there were no exceptions here, no red lines top right.

EDIT: Just recognized, that my mic got muted as I was calculating, unfortunately. I was pointing out, that the ship in the background used ~48 supplies / day, which is the same was when the recyclers are shut off. However, they were online and had power. Just the ship was in the background.

@RoverDude   @all

The feeling is that all the issues are related and RD has confirmed over on the MKS page that they will be fixed next patch.

On 1/19/2017 at 10:02 PM, RoverDude said:

Thread catch up time!

First - Recyclers will be fixed in the next patch.

4 hours ago, rottielover said:

Thank you the wiki is what I needed.   Here I was thinking that there was going to be no way to establish perm. resident colonists, but sounds like I just need the right parts....

Leads me into a suggestion though,  maybe the colonist kerbals (those you can hire with that rating), as I understand it right now they simply raise all the colony stats.  Maybe they could be "buffed" a bit on the hab home times ?   IE if I'm a kerbal colonist recruited, I'm probably not looking to make a return to kerbin??   Not sure, it's a thought.

You see must Kolonists are actually just Mars One candidates, they signed up but they hadn't really taken it seriously until they were called up and dragged across the solar system. So you colony needs some time to get established before anyone starts feeling at home. Once you've sent all the whiners home and brought in some new blood a strong community will take hold. Eventualy they'll rebel, throw away their hab timer chips and call themselves Dunians. (Once you get your kolonisation bonus up to 500% home timers will become irrelevant as long as they have at least 1 year hab time)

4 hours ago, Motokid600 said:

Is there a MM patch to incorporate supplies into stock command modules or any other by chance?

I stole this from the sig of one of the mods (I think it was @monstah) but it has since been removed from their sig so impossible to find out who deserves credit. It's not perfect but does a good enough job.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mfmz64fdux2r7tz/someSupplies.cfg?dl=1

I'm having issues with the home timer, latest USI mods as of now (0.5.20 LS). I recall that EVA should only reset the hab timer, however on my Minmus base it resets also home timer, on every EVA for any Kerbal, so its repeatable indefinitely. Hab and Home gets reset the moment they go on EVA and remain so on entering back the station. Should I open a GitHub ticket with this?

before  after

Edited by bounty123

3 hours ago, cwal728 said:

Ok sorry for the lack of detail, I have recovered them and they are back at the space center.  That is where I found out that they were listed as tourists.  Thanks for the quick replies. :)

Huh. Well THAT's not intended. Incidentally, I've moved my reply over to the USI-LS thread just for housekeeping purposes.

I don't suppose you have a save file from before you recovered those kerbals? Failing that, are you able to reproduce this bug in a KSP install with only USI mods installed?

Ideally, if we can find a simple way to reproduce this with a minimal amount of mods, RoverDude might be able to figure out what sorts of shenanigans are going on. If we CAN'T reproduce it with only USI mods, then we might have a mod conflict somewhere.

Whenever I open up the life support window, it starts flickering and throwing exceptions in the log - I've tested 0.5.19 (when it started for me) and 0.5.20 with no luck. I'm manually installing of the USI mods (no CKAN).

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[ProtoCrewMember].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at LifeSupport.LifeSupportMonitor.CheckEVAKerbals () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at LifeSupport.LifeSupportMonitor.GenerateWindow () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at LifeSupport.LifeSupportMonitor.OnWindow (Int32 windowId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

ArgumentException: Getting control 0's position in a group with only 0 controls when doing Repaint
Aborting
  at UnityEngine.GUILayoutGroup.GetNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.BeginLayoutGroup (UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options, System.Type layoutType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginVertical (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginVertical (UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at LifeSupport.LifeSupportMonitor.GenerateWindow () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at LifeSupport.LifeSupportMonitor.OnWindow (Int32 windowId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

@Tourman I had that flickering you describe but for some reason it stopped. I don't know - but you could try visiting in turn every manned vessel you have in flight and at each one open the LS window. I did that to check on all my supplies timers just before the moment it seems to have stopped. Almost like an old bug needed to be refreshed out of the system on the new version. Hope it works for you - Good luck!

2 minutes ago, Kaa253 said:

@Tourman I had that flickering you describe but for some reason it stopped. I don't know - but you could try visiting in turn every manned vessel you have in flight and at each one open the LS window. I did that to check on all my supplies timers just before the moment it seems to have stopped. Almost like an old bug needed to be refreshed out of the system on the new version. Hope it works for you - Good luck!

Interesting. I had the bug fix itself temporarily, but then resurfaced when I ejected a stage in one of my rockets. I will try that again.

4 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Easy fix.  If for some reason you end up with tourists in the AC, just launch them in a vessel and they will revert.

Tried that, didn't help.  And it happened again. :S  I would need to do a clean save of just usi stuff to see if it is a mod conflict.

Edit: I ran a clean save and it reset just fine.  It is a mod conflict of some sort.

Edited by cwal728

16 hours ago, cwal728 said:

Tried that, didn't help.  And it happened again. :S  I would need to do a clean save of just usi stuff to see if it is a mod conflict.

Edit: I ran a clean save and it reset just fine.  It is a mod conflict of some sort.

Happened to me, twice. Had an idea of who is conflicting?

Edit: Put the log, save and screenshots here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ckzip8xi8eql3xr/AAAFPW6sCAwSqazdJGUU0uf1a?dl=0

Edited by FellipeC
Add link for files to help debug

52 minutes ago, Rehpic said:

I've recently started playing with MKS, and have run into a problem.  I have several kerbals that got turned into tourists due to Habitation/Homesickness.  I figured sending them back to Kerbin would reset them, but they seem to be stuck as Tourists.  Is the medbay the only way to cure them?

Thanks.

--Rehpic

See below. Looks to be due to a mod conflict.

16 hours ago, cwal728 said:

On 21/01/2017 at 6:39 AM, TheRagingIrishman said:

I stole this from the sig of one of the mods (I think it was @monstah) but it has since been removed from their sig so impossible to find out who deserves credit. It's not perfect but does a good enough job.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mfmz64fdux2r7tz/someSupplies.cfg?dl=1

Oh, yes, that was mine. I removed it from my sig? Don't remember that.

But anyway, you have the file just as I put it :) 

edit - yeah, just checked that it's not in my sig anymore. Haven't used this mod in some time.

Edited by monstah

7 minutes ago, jackalope50 said:

USI-LS brought my sandbox KSS to a new dimension, but, my USI Life Support Tank is running low on supplies. Is there any way I can use KIS to refill the tank?

Supplies work like any other resource. You should send a supply ship with more. Once docked with your KSS transfer supplies from the resupply craft into the tank on your KSS just like you would with fuel.

8 hours ago, FellipeC said:

Happened to me, twice. Had an idea of who is conflicting?

Edit: Put the log, save and screenshots here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ckzip8xi8eql3xr/AAAFPW6sCAwSqazdJGUU0uf1a?dl=0

If I had to guess Better Crew Assignments or (less likely imo) Diverse Kerbal Heads those were the only 2 mods I could think of which mess with kerbals.  I have uninstalled both and will run out the clock in a few to see.

EDIT: I found a way to fix the problem.  I went into my save file described on the wiki here to change my guys back to what they were (they were all scientists so it was easy).

Edited by cwal728

15 minutes ago, cwal728 said:

If I had to guess Better Crew Assignments or (less likely imo) Diverse Kerbal Heads those were the only 2 mods I could think of which mess with kerbals.  I have uninstalled both and will run out the clock in a few to see.

EDIT: I found a way to fix the problem.  I went into my save file described on the wiki here to change my guys back to what they were (they were all scientists so it was easy).

@Rehpic are you running either of these two mods?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.