[1.12.x] USI Life Support

RoverDude

I though the orange suits (Val, Jeb, etc) were immune to quitting? Just had Jeb and Val convert to tourists while on a return from minmus due to homesickness and then burn up in atmosphere because they couldn't make the correction burn to return safely. Seems like homesickness should be overridden if the craft's on a suborbital trajectory TO HOME. hehehe...

2 minutes ago, forsaken1111 said:

I though the orange suits (Val, Jeb, etc) were immune to quitting? Just had Jeb and Val convert to tourists while on a return from minmus due to homesickness and then burn up in atmosphere because they couldn't make the correction burn to return safely. Seems like homesickness should be overridden if the craft's on a suborbital trajectory TO HOME. hehehe...

That default changed long ago.  You can change it in the settings.

8 hours ago, RoverDude said:

hmm.. not seen that one, log a github issue, try using default UI scaling/settings for now.

Thanks ive raised it on GitHub, however it looks like there is already an existing one here

FYI - ive uninstalled and reinstalled the mod and also tried starting new games but the issue remains.

EDIT: This issue prevents me from saving any option changes, which is a problem.  I really dont want to start a new career with the settings changed in the config files if at all possible/

Edited by funkcanna

6 hours ago, funkcanna said:

Thanks ive raised it on GitHub, however it looks like there is already an existing one here

FYI - ive uninstalled and reinstalled the mod and also tried starting new games but the issue remains.

EDIT: This issue prevents me from saving any option changes, which is a problem.  I really dont want to start a new career with the settings changed in the config files if at all possible/

it may seem to be an obvious question but you are using the latest version?  Those settings are copied to the save file.  So while not as convenient you can edit the settings directly in the save file if necessary.

2 minutes ago, Louella said:

I am wondering how this mod will interact with the rescue contracts ? What would I need to do, to rescue a Kerbal who has turned inactive due to lack of supplies ?

Bring up another vessel with supplies and probably some decent habitation.  Depending on where the rescue contract is in the system it could be quite difficult to pull off.

it wont start count until the first time he enters pahisisks range
i had the happy accident of losing all LS data in the save file so my eal fated duna expedition that run out of hub 2 days after an emergence return to kerbin will arrive to kerbin whit lots of hub :)

19 minutes ago, Louella said:

I am wondering how this mod will interact with the rescue contracts ? What would I need to do, to rescue a Kerbal who has turned inactive due to lack of supplies ?

9 hours ago, goldenpsp said:

it may seem to be an obvious question but you are using the latest version?  Those settings are copied to the save file.  So while not as convenient you can edit the settings directly in the save file if necessary.

Yes definitely the latest version.  Thanks for the tip on editing the save file, this has fixed my career!  Window is still the wrong size but ive managed to edit the settings.

Apologies if this is addressed elsewhere, but I didn't see it in the (admitted-to-be-outdated) OP, and figured folks here would know pretty quickly.

I'm doing a 72-hour manned orbit contract, and Valentina has helpfully converted to a tourist instead of a pilot due to exhausting her "Hab" and "Home" reserves.  I see above that veterans are no longer immune to various effects, but I'm not clear how to actually improve the "Hab" and "Home" numbers in the first place to prevent them from running out all the time.  I've played around a bit in the VAB and the only way to improve "Habitation" seems to be slapping more crew modules on the craft (at a rate of 7d 3h per one crew slot), but surely there are other options so that a lone kerbal can spend more time in space?  I also see nothing at all regarding the "Home" reserve number.

So, ridicule me for my ignorance if you must—as long as I can get pointed in the right direction for a sort of "instruction manual" on all of this, I'll be happy.

Disregard me, I finally found an explanation of the Hab/Home system.

I'm not sure why my system defaulted to an 0.25x multiplier for Hab/Home, but that's what resulted in the 7.5-day "starting time" for the Mk1 Command Pod.  Was that change something that was made as part of this mod, or does that sound like a config from somewhere else (SETI, I'm looking at you...)?

Edited by Landwalker

1 hour ago, Landwalker said:

Disregard me, I finally found an explanation of the Hab/Home system.

I'm not sure why my system defaulted to an 0.25x multiplier for Hab/Home, but that's what resulted in the 7.5-day "starting time" for the Mk1 Command Pod.  Was that change something that was made as part of this mod, or does that sound like a config from somewhere else (SETI, I'm looking at you...)?

SETIcontracts (I guess that is what you are referring to) only specifies "72 hours". No changes to the internal workings of USI life support from any SETI mod.

5 minutes ago, Yemo said:

SETIcontracts (I guess that is what you are referring to) only specifies "72 hours". No changes to the internal workings of USI life support from any SETI mod.

Ah, good to know.  I wasn't sure if one of the SETI configs changed the base "Hab multiplier" from 1x to 0.25x, but it sounds like that's not the culprit.  Thanks for the clarification.

1 hour ago, Landwalker said:

Thanks @ExplorerKlatt, that explanation was helpful (once I knew where to look :P).  One more question, though:  Is there a way to increase default Hab/Home time at lower tech levels?  Or does it really just boil down to "Use bigger command pods but with the same number of kerbals"?

Besides the options for the game, not really.  You basically need a medium level of tech before you can build space-worthy living spaces.  Kinda part of the point.  Once you get the Hitchhiker and the Cupola you can start adding multipliers and high-hab parts.

So, I'm trying to send 3 Kerbals to Minmus and this hab time is screwing me up. My hab time is changing when in the VAB versus when I'm launching the rocket. I'm reading the Github guide and I'm guessing it has something to do with Kerbal-months; but I can't really work out what's going on that's changing the values and how to get 3 weeks worth of hab time so that I don't get homesick after 9 days.

O63fcI.png[/img]

umiYzz.png[/img]

21 minutes ago, ItsSeanBroleson said:

So, I'm trying to send 3 Kerbals to Minmus and this hab time is screwing me up. My hab time is changing when in the VAB versus when I'm launching the rocket. I'm reading the Github guide and I'm guessing it has something to do with Kerbal-months; but I can't really work out what's going on that's changing the values and how to get 3 weeks worth of hab time so that I don't get homesick after 9 days.[/img]

When you're in the VAB, the hab modules are considered "on".  When you're on the launch pad, they're off.  Have you turned them on before checking the hab time?

Hmm i'm probably doing something stupid but the mod isn't 100% working for me.

The parts show up and are filled with things like supplies, but none is ever used, and there is no mod options showing up at all. Not in the editor or in flight. Is another mod needed as well to make life support work?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.