[1.12.x] USI Life Support

RoverDude

I think there's a small mistake in the wiki:

https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/USI-LS/wiki/Example:-Mission-to-Duna

In the Converters section, It says that one nom-o-matic 5000 would be enough to feed 3 kerbals on a x-days trip to Duna (along with the Lab).

But if a kerbal consumes 10.8 supplies/day, or 5.4 with the help of the lab, he'd need 2 nom-5ks per kerbal, or 6 total..
The 6 nom5ks would consume about 34k of EC per day, and would need to run constantly, so he'd need to plan for that, taking into account day/night and orbit cycles.

essential mod, btw! love it.

I've got a question that I'm hoping someone can enlighten me on: I have a contract that requires a Plant Growth Study experiment to be performed in orbit and then recovered. The Nom-O-Matic part (the one that looks like a glass dome) from USI LS has the Plant Growth Study experiment, so I throw that on a rocket. I can perform the experiment at the launchpad, but the moment I lift off, the button to do the experiment disappears and never comes back! Am I missing something here?

I have a small problem. I have to kerberos in the capsule with no food starving to death and they've turned into tourists because it's been too long. I think I can get a rescue ship to them, but the only thing I could that possibly do right now is to attach a food pack to the outside of the craft. Will that work? I will be using KIS and KAS to attach it

Edited by linuxgurugamer

30 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I have a small problem. I have to kerberos in the capsule with no food starving to death and they've turned into tourists because it's been too long. I think I can get a rescue ship to them, but the only thing I could that possibly do right now is to attach a food pack to the outside of the craft. Will that work? I will be using KIS and KAS to attach it

Yep, that should work.  They might even take the supplies from your rescue ship directly if you get close enough.  (They will if you're landed - I'm not sure if that's been disabled or not for orbiting ships.)

5 hours ago, DStaal said:

Yep, that should work.  They might even take the supplies from your rescue ship directly if you get close enough.  (They will if you're landed - I'm not sure if that's been disabled or not for orbiting ships.)

Well, unless I missed something, just getting close doesn’t work, but I was able (in a test) to use KIS to attach a food pack to the vessel, which solved the immediate problem

Hello,
I have a little problem. There was little, my computer had a bug while I played KSP. I did not see myself immediately, but the management of the kerbal was upside down. The interface of USI LS is empty and I have even more miniatures kerbal lower right.

I play in 1.4.3, with 34 mod. I did a clean reinstatement. And before this bug, I had no problem. As I advanced in my campaign, it would bother me to start all over again (I try to start another campaign quickly, no problem to report).

I put my sav and log file. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4lx34wkf8p1sooq/AADp9wcYxQds-yq4Qml5qUO-a?dl=0

Thanks for your advice :)

• 2 weeks later...

I just updated KSP to version 1.4.4 / Making History 1.3.0.

Every USI Life Support part is found in "Surviability" (very early in tech tree).

Is this intended?

I would like it, when the parts were in different tech nodes.

5 hours ago, Perry210174 said:

I just updated KSP to version 1.4.4 / Making History 1.3.0.

Every USI Life Support part is found in "Surviability" (very early in tech tree).

Is this intended?

I would like it, when the parts were in different tech nodes.

Do you have community tech tree installed?

That is what gives all those other nodes for the LS parts to go into.

6 hours ago, Perry210174 said:

No, I use the stock tech tree.

A fair number of gameplay-extending mods like this one will technically  work with the stock tree, but are really designed with the CTT in mind.  The stock tree just doesn't have the depth of tech nodes needed to support extended gameplay.

Hi,

2015 I announced I make some NOMS. Now after ..."omg"... 3 years  I starting to make labels for the squeeze bags.

This is one variation. At the moment I'm not happy with it and I think I will change a lot.
If you want, tell me your thoughts. :)

Have a nice day.

Spoiler

b2dc595958ef21cf3fb13275ea899716.jpg

P.S.: If there is some or more intrest I will open a new topic in the Fan Art Section to not disturb this topic. Sorry if  I already did.

Question regarding tourists.  Situation arose for me in a test save, so I reverted, but curious as to what would happen:

Ran out of food, crew turned into tourists.

What would happen if this happened, and, due to prior planning, the vessel was able to automatically reenter and land/spashdown, and then recovered?  Will the crew recover?

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Question regarding tourists.  Situation arose for me in a test save, so I reverted, but curious as to what would happen:

Ran out of food, crew turned into tourists.

What would happen if this happened, and, due to prior planning, the vessel was able to automatically reenter and land/spashdown, and then recovered?  Will the crew recover?

I've had my crew turn into tourists before while returning to Kerbin  as soon as the craft hit the home limit (70km?) they switched back to crew.

10 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

LOL, that's cheating :D

I'm pretty sure you can change that in the configuration screen.  I play with exceeding the habitation limit turns kerbals into tourists, and it is very common for the kerbin re-entry capsule to be the root part of my designs.   With USI LS that means that as soon as I decouple it from the rest of the return craft, suddenly all my kerbals have exceeded the habitation limit of that capsule, and turn into tourists.  So I always make sure that the return capsule has a probe core attached, so that I still have control for atmospheric entry.

33 minutes ago, AVaughan said:

I'm pretty sure you can change that in the configuration screen.  I play with exceeding the habitation limit turns kerbals into tourists, and it is very common for the kerbin re-entry capsule to be the root part of my designs.   With USI LS that means that as soon as I decouple it from the rest of the return craft, suddenly all my kerbals have exceeded the habitation limit of that capsule, and turn into tourists.  So I always make sure that the return capsule has a probe core attached, so that I still have control for atmospheric entry.

Nice.  Thanks, I'll have to remember that trick.  

10 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

LOL, that's cheating :D

Thanks

well maybe it was lower, as others said.  still,  it can be a clenching re-entry since you have no control.  I had to hope it wouldn't flip and burn up.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.