[1.12.x] USI Life Support

RoverDude

On 11/25/2018 at 2:51 PM, Wyzard said:

So, the standalone greenhouse converter and "swappable" (but no other options) recycler works, but with a slight UI bug: if the standalone converter is listed before the swappable one in the .cfg file, the swappable converter's start/stop button in-game says "Start Converter" (some sort of default?) instead of "Start Life Support" (the StartActionName on the USILS_LifeSupportRecyclerSwapOption).  If the swappable converter is defined before the standalone one, then its label is correct.

Also, I've found that the USI_SwapController module needs to be listed before the (non-standalone) USI_Converter modules in the .cfg, otherwise the controller fails to find the converters, leading to an exception in ApplyLoadout because the _converters list is empty.  Easy to avoid (just write the modules in the correct order), but something that people should be aware of when updating integration patches to use the new system.

What you've discovered is that we are really pushing the limits of what we're able to do by building on top of the stock resource system. It really isn't meant to do what we do with it. :)

1 hour ago, DoktorKrogg said:

What you've discovered is that we are really pushing the limits of what we're able to do by building on top of the stock resource system. It really isn't meant to do what we do with it. :)

I can imagine.  :)  It's not really a problem, but it's something that modders will need to be aware of when updating their USI integration patches.

(After further investigation, btw, I found that the swappable converter also doesn't work when it's preceded by a standalone one.  Clicking the mis-labeled "Start Converter" button makes it say that it's running, but it doesn't actually convert any resources.  So it's more than just a cosmetic issue, but it's still resolved by putting the converters in the correct order, with swappable first.)

On 11/30/2018 at 10:49 AM, Wiowt said:

@RoverDude

Once you said "Also, upcoming things to USI-LS like health, space madness, etc. " Will you add something like these? Because Kerbal Health works bad with your mode(

Likely yes.  Regarding Kerbal Health - that's something to address with that mod author unfortunately.

4 hours ago, Solar_Ranger24 said:

Ive just realised I don't have the Life Support button either, just the parts, does this mean there is an installation error?

hmm... sounds like an install issue to me.  Did you try on a clean install, and confirm KSP version?

1 hour ago, RoverDude said:
5 hours ago, Solar_Ranger24 said:

Ive just realised I don't have the Life Support button either, just the parts, does this mean there is an installation error?

hmm... sounds like an install issue to me.  Did you try on a clean install, and confirm KSP version?

Did you install with CKAN or manually? There's been a CKAN issue for quite a while that results in the buttons not showing up in KSC view nor VAB view. The workaround is to install USI-LS and dependencies manually.

Just now, RoverDude said:

Likely yes.  Regarding Kerbal Health - that's something to address with that mod author unfortunately.

I'm not talking about bugs. Kerbal Healths adds cool stuff, like radiation, sickness and loneliness, but it also adds habbitation. So this mode is better suited for TAC LS, but TAC doesnt work with USI Colonisation as good, as USI LS does.

42 minutes ago, Wiowt said:

I'm not talking about bugs. Kerbal Healths adds cool stuff, like radiation, sickness and loneliness, but it also adds habbitation. So this mode is better suited for TAC LS, but TAC doesnt work with USI Colonisation as good, as USI LS does.

Sorry I just don't understand what it is you are asking for?

2 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Sorry I just don't understand what it is you are asking for?

I think he is asking if you are adding those features.  @Wiowt USI-LS already has basically habitation and loneliness. IMO we have enough complexity at this point, especially with MKS without needing a radiation element.

24 minutes ago, RoverDude said:
6 hours ago, Wiowt said:

Will you add health or madness to usi ls?

Likely, but not for a while.

I think a certain level of madness is required to fly for the KSC. It'd be amusing if you could over-index on sanity and kerbal would be like "Nope, not flying, you're crazy if you think I'm getting back into one of your contraptions again!"

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 6:30 AM, Wiowt said:

Will you add health or madness to usi ls?

Please NO! or at least make it completely optional and off by default.  There's already a mod that does health so why duplicate it - and that author can adapt it to this.  But also, there is enough to manage as it is - the USI-LS is nicely balanced bit of kit perfectly positioned between stock and an overly complex ticky-tack time-eating micromanagement mess.

Edited by Murdabenne

20 hours ago, Joshuabmorgan said:

im getting an error message saying usi tools, unsupported by ksp v1.5.1 please use v1.4.1? is there a new one out or a way i can get ksp v1.4.1?

It works in 1.5.1, just ignore the message  :) 

EDIT...I'm not getting that message with 1.5.x. you may want to download again

Edited by Tyko

On 12/7/2018 at 12:13 PM, Eaten by Black Hole said:

I am wondering...I am away from my computer now.Are there any Mulch tanks or they can be stored on supply tanks?

Mulch can be collected in the Life Support MiniPak (Mulch), the Life Support Tanks (1.25m, 2.5m, and 3.75m), and the two Nom-O-Matics.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.