[1.12.x] USI Life Support

RoverDude

Hey @RoverDude, I currently use USI Kolonization Systems, exploration pack, core and tools but I have TAC Life Support. There are some parts from USI Life Support that I want to be able to use (preferably I would just switch to USI LS instead but I have ships out that would end up with missing parts/get deleted), so would I be able to just pull the files for those parts over to the MKS folder or can they only be used with USI LS? Thanks in advance!

42 minutes ago, joynerm said:

Hey @RoverDude, I currently use USI Kolonization Systems, exploration pack, core and tools but I have TAC Life Support. There are some parts from USI Life Support that I want to be able to use (preferably I would just switch to USI LS instead but I have ships out that would end up with missing parts/get deleted), so would I be able to just pull the files for those parts over to the MKS folder or can they only be used with USI LS? Thanks in advance!

Not enough info unfortunately.   They aren't going to work with TAC-LS without a config

• 2 weeks later...

For me the latest version of this mod is broken for KSP 1.12.5. When starting a fresh game it just show a blank window in the KSC and spam NullReferenceException.

What i tried:

• Verify game files via steam.
  • Make a complete fresh install of KSP
  • Only install USI Life Support and its dependencies via CKAN.

But i still get a blank page and NullReferenceExcpetions.

Here is a log file with the errors:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NUHwyiqIT89NJsnRX25H_KpCIvdJj0dZ/view?usp=sharing

Edit:

OK, digging in the topic i found a solution to this problem. It seems this old bug is still persistent and a change to VAB first fix it.

On 2/24/2019 at 12:23 AM, Cruesoe said:

The blank window is the options.

There is a small bug that sometimes it's blank. Open the cube icon in the Space Center view, then the VAB and then the Space Center again. That works for me.

Habitation is off by default.

Edited by Wurmi

• 1 month later...
On 4/6/2023 at 3:37 AM, Siphon said:

Is there a way to increase the scale of the mod's UI? (text is hard to read)

Sadly there is not. I'd like that as well, it's hard on the eyes though not as bad as some other mods (cough KCT cough).

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Just leaving this as reference for other people.

I made this simple patch (directly inspired by TACls), which adds some supplies to all manned command pods. Amount also scales with crewcapacity. Amount given provides 1 day of supplies, you can change the value if you want more.
(PS: don't mind the fact that I have tac on the screenshot, was just testing stuff around)

@PART[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[>0],@MODULE[ModuleCommand]:HAS[#minimumCrew[>0]],!RESOURCE[Supplies]]:FINAL
{
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = Supplies
        amount = 15
        maxAmount = 15	
        @amount *= #$/CrewCapacity$
        @maxAmount *= #$/CrewCapacity$
    }
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = Mulch
        amount = 0
        maxAmount = 15
        @maxAmount *= #$/CrewCapacity$
    }
}

screenshot392.png

Peace

Edited by kurgut

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bug report 1

Description: The amount of electric charge used per second is 1,000 times too low when the time-warp is set to 1,000x, it is 10,000x too low when the time-warp is set to 10,000x, and it is 100,000x too low when the time-warp is set to 100,000x.

Expected behavior: Electric charge use by Kerbals should scale linearly with time-warp instead of suddenly becoming negligible at time-warp of 1,000x and higher.

How to replicate: Increase the time warp to at least 1,000x in USI-LS version 112.0.1, and when the craft is loaded.

EDIT: I found out on page 218 that this behavior is caused by the stock game in order to prevent batteries from discharging in a single tick. The behavior is not seen when the craft is unloaded, such as in the Tracking Station.

Bug report 2

Description: Kerbals use electric charge even when supplies are at 0.

Expected behavior: According to the wiki, Kerbals are not supposed to use any electric charge when they have no supplies.

How to replicate: Have at least 1 Kerbal in a craft and have 0 supplies (starving).

Edited by minkar81002

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, RiceCakes85 said:

Trying to troubleshoot my mod install, currently have a clean install with just USI mods.  On certain parts I get recipe: ???.  Cant find any info out there on this.  Any guidance is appreciated!

How did you install the mods, with CKAN or manually?  If manually, are you sure you have included all of the dependencies?  Which USI mods exactly?  Which version of KSP?

Read this topic on how to report problems.  Your following its guidance will help others assist you.

5 hours ago, Brigadier said:

How did you install the mods, with CKAN or manually?  If manually, are you sure you have included all of the dependencies?  Which USI mods exactly?  Which version of KSP?

Read this topic on how to report problems.  Your following its guidance will help others assist you.

I did an isolated test to check.  Going through the code, I *think* it has to do with using the same bayID reference in MKS and USI_LS, as well as the right click menu not properly updating in the VAB.  As soon as I go to flight, it goes away.  The right click menu also doesn't update for the resource converters.  I chased it for a little bit, but I didn't get very far with it and decided it was harmless enough to stop losing sanity over.  

• 1 month later...

If I can make a suggestion, making it so that when EC/supplies run out it'll recheck the vessel to see if there are any present then update the counter would be great. As it stands you kind of just have to give long term vessels (bases/stations/etc) a lot of excess supply storage or switch to them frequently.  

Something that would probably be simpler but equally helpful (albeit usable for cheating) is just a debug option to make EC and supplies last indefinitely on a given vessel, that way you can still have to be constrained by life support on short term craft but can set aside your bases for months/years at a time.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.