RoverDude

[1.8.x] USI Life Support [0.5.0]

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, MaxwellsDemon said:

I may be overlooking it, but is there an indicator somewhere of how long a Kerbonaut needs to R&R at KSC after coming home in a homesick state?  I apparently relaunched a couple of Kerbals I didn't realize were still suffering from homesick effects...  I looked at the Crew Rotation mod to see if that would help, but linuxgurugamer's notes indicate that it's probably not compatible with Kerbal Construction Time, which is a key element for me.  Where can I see who's actually ready and rarin' to return to space and who needs a bit more downtime?

There isn't any needed R&R that I know of.  Typically, if they get 'stuck' as tourists getting them out in a launched ship should be enough to reset them.  If it isn't, you should probably get the savefile to RoverDude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, DStaal said:

There isn't any needed R&R that I know of.  Typically, if they get 'stuck' as tourists getting them out in a launched ship should be enough to reset them.  If it isn't, you should probably get the savefile to RoverDude.

Sure.  Does he need the whole savefile?   I presume you mean the most recent .sfs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, MaxwellsDemon said:

My save file is over 6 meg... you sure I should post the whole thing?   :/

Yeah it's fine. Save it to someplace like Dropbox or google drive and then post a link. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MaxwellsDemon said:

My save file is over 6 meg... you sure I should post the whole thing?   :/

I see that your question was answered above, but I would like to thank you for asking for clarification. Courtesies like that make this forum way nicer than when people, for instance, copy and paste their logs or saves here or in a github issue. So thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mph.   I was starting to have additional trouble, like a Kerbal I'd new-hired from the AC "refusing to work" the first time he went above 25km on his very first mission.  For the time being, I've simply turned off the "hab" portion of USI-LS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MaxwellsDemon said:

Mph.   I was starting to have additional trouble, like a Kerbal I'd new-hired from the AC "refusing to work" the first time he went above 25km on his very first mission.  For the time being, I've simply turned off the "hab" portion of USI-LS.

If a kerbal goes into permagrump mode and seems to be permanently bugged, go into your persistence and search for 'LIFE_SUPPORT_SETTINGS'. Find the relevant kerbals' 'STATUS_DATA' listing and change their OldTrait from Tourist to whatever they were before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, MaxwellsDemon said:

Mph.   I was starting to have additional trouble, like a Kerbal I'd new-hired from the AC "refusing to work" the first time he went above 25km on his very first mission.  For the time being, I've simply turned off the "hab" portion of USI-LS.

Well did he have any hab time remaining? By default usi-ls will consume hab time but won't punish when you run out as long as you are under 25km so it sounds like everything is working fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2017 at 0:01 PM, MaxwellsDemon said:

My save file is over 6 meg... you sure I should post the whole thing?   :/

They do compress very well. If you post it as a "gist" it ends up in stored in git, which basically gzips everything, and gzip is good for like 10x compression on a save. I don't know what attaching to an issue does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, helcustom said:

So I am running into the problem where the menu button for USI LS won't appear. I have already reinstalled USI LS along with its dependencies but it still hasn't shown up. Here is the output log

 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9tgqKwTSEeRakRpZDNqOTk1aVU/view

Perhaps a silly question, but do you have blizzy's toolbar, and if so, does the USI LS button show up as one of the available buttons in it? Also, is the button not showing up in any scene, or does it show up in some but not others? (Space centre, VAB, Focused on vessel, etc.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Merkov said:

Perhaps a silly question, but do you have blizzy's toolbar, and if so, does the USI LS button show up as one of the available buttons in it? Also, is the button not showing up in any scene, or does it show up in some but not others? (Space centre, VAB, Focused on vessel, etc.)

I do have blizzy's toolbar installed and it's not showing up in that. Also the button isn't showing up in different scenes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could someone please help me? When all settings are set to KIA except for habitation, which is set to grouchy, results depend on the order in which timers run out. For example when I loose all my supplies first, kerbals die, but when I run out of hab time first, they stay tourists and alive even though supplies ran out afterwards. Is this normal behaviour, and if so, is there any way to change it so they would still die when without supplies even when already grouchy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a small problem with MKS/USI-LS on 1.2.2 - Before I posted a bug I thought I'd check here to see if there are any others with the same issue. Not using any other LS Mods, just USI

In a career, I'm trying to still do early missions (Haven't even made the trip to Mun yet.. I'm that slow) - And I'm trying to put a very small orbiter up with 1-2 crew, for 30 days Contract Mission)

Now, in my reading of what I can find, I can put a small Nom-O-Matic on my orbiter in order to assist with supply management and lessen the amount of supplies on the craft.  The problem is, the Nom-O-Matic isn't there. None of them are, neither are some of the bigger modules (the Ranger Modules, for example)

I created a Sandbox Mode Game, and everything is there. So I was thinking, ok maybe I haven't unlocked it yet, so I created a 2nd Career, Maxed Everything via the Cheat Menus, and explored the tech tree to see if I was missing something. None of the modules are there. There's a couple of the Smaller Parts for the Ranger Modules, The Duna Modules are missing, and there's limited availibility of the Tundra Modules.

Did I miss something? I checked an CTT is at the latest version, so I'm not sure what's going on

Here's my Tech Tree from the "Cheated" save:

 

Edited by PsyberMind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, PsyberMind said:
now, in my reading of what I can find, I can put a small Nom-O-Matic on my orbiter in order to assist with supply management and lessen the amount of supplies on the craft.  The problem is, the Nom-O-Matic isn't there. None of them are, neither are some of the bigger modules (the Ranger Modules, for example)

I created a Sandbox Mode Game, and everything is there. So I was thinking, ok maybe I haven't unlocked it yet, so I created a 2nd Career, Maxed Everything via the Cheat Menus, and explored the tech tree to see if I was missing something. None of the modules are there. There's a couple of the Smaller Parts for the Ranger Modules, The Duna Modules are missing, and there's limited availability

For a quick work-around start a new game in sandbox mode. Go to the VAB, enable advanced mode (top left arrow, next to the search box) and click on the plus sign to add a custom category. Then filter by tech level; you should see the hidden modules in tech level three. Stack all the items with "supplies" on/around any capsule, open your custom category and drag each item from the VAB into the drop zone.

Open up your career save and by enabling advanced mode you should find all the parts that are not showing up in Utility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, PsyberMind said:

I have a small problem with MKS/USI-LS on 1.2.2 - Before I posted a bug I thought I'd check here to see if there are any others with the same issue. Not using any other LS Mods, just USI

In a career, I'm trying to still do early missions (Haven't even made the trip to Mun yet.. I'm that slow) - And I'm trying to put a very small orbiter up with 1-2 crew, for 30 days Contract Mission)

Now, in my reading of what I can find, I can put a small Nom-O-Matic on my orbiter in order to assist with supply management and lessen the amount of supplies on the craft.  The problem is, the Nom-O-Matic isn't there. None of them are, neither are some of the bigger modules (the Ranger Modules, for example)

I created a Sandbox Mode Game, and everything is there. So I was thinking, ok maybe I haven't unlocked it yet, so I created a 2nd Career, Maxed Everything via the Cheat Menus, and explored the tech tree to see if I was missing something. None of the modules are there. There's a couple of the Smaller Parts for the Ranger Modules, The Duna Modules are missing, and there's limited availibility of the Tundra Modules.

Did I miss something? I checked an CTT is at the latest version, so I'm not sure what's going on

Here's my Tech Tree from the "Cheated" save:

 

Quick thought: Can you check to make sure you have the latest (for 1.2.2) CCK installed?  (Community Category Kit.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't the LS parts have Category = None? They're known to show only in CCK's life support category.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, DStaal said:

Quick thought: Can you check to make sure you have the latest (for 1.2.2) CCK installed?  (Community Category Kit.)

I just checked, and to be sure, reinstalled CCK and CTT from Github.. Still same result. 

Here are the parts when I select each of the following modules (Life Support, Kolonization, Logistics and Construction) Keep in mind this is on a Career save that I created to test with everything maxed out via the cheats menu

I'm going to do a Fresh Install from scratch, one mod at a time and see what happens, obv starting with All the USI Stuff, and CCK/CTT

 

Edited by PsyberMind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PsyberMind said:

I just checked, and to be sure, reinstalled CCK and CTT from Github.. Still same result. 

Here are the parts when I select each of the following modules (Life Support, Kolonization, Logistics and Construction) Keep in mind this is on a Career save that I created to test with everything maxed out via the cheats menu

I'm going to do a Fresh Install from scratch, one mod at a time and see what happens, obv starting with All the USI Stuff, and CCK/CTT

 

The problem is probably Filter Extensions. I don't know how well it works with CCK. Try without it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

The problem is probably Filter Extensions. I don't know how well it works with CCK. Try without it.

Nope, that didn't cut it either.. 

A fresh install, however.. with only USI-LS, MKS, CTT, and CCK - Everything is there.. now to go one at a time and figure out where my previous install went wrong, and to catch myself back up to where I was

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

The problem is probably Filter Extensions. I don't know how well it works with CCK. Try without it.

Filter Extensions works fine with CCK, just to say.  I would have said something long ago if it didn't. :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DStaal said:

Filter Extensions works fine with CCK, just to say.  I would have said something long ago if it didn't. :wink:

I don't know about that one. I don't think it's the issue in the case described above, but there does seem to be limited compatibility when trying to use them together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, so far I'm about through my testing and things look good.. I've revamped my modlist, and I've cut out about.. 20 mods or so (It was a huge list - Close to 120) that I wasn't really using.. I test every.. 10 or so mods, and no issues with any of the USI Mods so far.. I'm probably going to leave Filter Extensions out this time.. I might back it all up once I'm done, and try it again, but idk

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

0.6.1 - KSP 1.3
-------------------
KSP 1.3 Compatibility
Fixed issue with rescue tourists remaining tourists

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.