[1.12.x] USI Life Support

RoverDude

Ah, bug. Ok I think I still have to understand how it's suposed to be in the first place. So now re-reading the OP, I'm guessing that it should stop on -15 days? Ok that starts making more sense...

Forgive me, i dont know how to log issues on github, but I found a minor issue.

The supply timer (without food) resets in the atmosphere (below 50k?). So if i was in space for a while, dip down into kerbin to 50k and go back up into space, the timer for no food resets back to 0.

I realize this doesnt happen often, but its still a minor exploit?

I'm using the latest available version 0.1.2

Forgive me, i dont know how to log issues on github, but I found a minor issue.

The supply timer (without food) resets in the atmosphere (below 50k?). So if i was in space for a while, dip down into kerbin to 50k and go back up into space, the timer for no food resets back to 0.

I realize this doesnt happen often, but its still a minor exploit?

I'm using the latest available version 0.1.2

Not really a bug (it's designed so LS isn't needed below 50k on kerbin) but it is exploitable....

Perhaps below 50k it should be that supplies aren't used and timers are paused, not reset.

Intended behavior is for there to be a full reset. This is by design.

Tho I can see lowering this ceiling to, say, 12K, so there's no real way you're going to avoid a permanent trip home ;)

Maybe it deserves another line in config? So one could make it 0 to disable or, say, 600K to cover some space around kerbin or whatever.

Ah, bug. Ok I think I still have to understand how it's suposed to be in the first place. So now re-reading the OP, I'm guessing that it should stop on -15 days? Ok that starts making more sense...

Ah nice. Well personally I'd remove the negative countdown, I mean if I need some extra days I can add more supplies, dont really see a point there, it can even make it more complicated imho. Also visually I think its better another resource bar like monopropellant, liquied fuel, etc., than a countdown, although hovering would tell you the exact days or something... Or making them just like the stock resource gauges.

They will munch if there, but not be penalized if they run out.

So I can lock the jar indefinitely without consequences?

Good, Science will take 300 days to complete, no resupply necessary ever 100days then.

And I also would like to cast my vote for the lower "no munch altitude". :)

This mod looks really solid, RoverDude. Good work!

Any plans to add some sort of green house to this? As I understand you need additional mods for it to generate/recycle supplies?

um, there already is.

Oh, OK. Silly me. Apparently I can't read. Thought it was refering to the other mods RoverDude made the first time I read it. Will try this mod later today to check it out.

Edited by Veeltch

So I can lock the jar indefinitely without consequences?

Good, Science will take 300 days to complete, no resupply necessary ever 100days then.

And I also would like to cast my vote for the lower "no munch altitude". :)

On Kerbin, yes. or to put it a different way, don't even bother sending supplies.

Hi all

Is there a problem with this life support mod and the OKS out of the USI Kolonization Systems (MKS/OKS) pack, I have two stations using the OKS modules and the Life Support window always says Supplies are in the negative and are orange. I have put together a test Mun base next to KSC and that is OK saying it has 292 days of supplies. I have provided all the necessary requirements Mulch, Organics, Substrate and Water, there is also Machinery which was on board when launched. The stations seem to be working as there are supplies and recyclables being produced and the station resources page seems to be ticking over OK.

I even did a fresh install and limited to the mods i mainly use to check that it is not a conflict but the results are the same.

The mods i have on the clean install:

KSP: 1.0.2 (Win32) - Unity: 4.6.4f1 - OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit

USI Tools - 0.4

Chatterer - 0.9.1.86

Community Resource Pack - 0.4.1

Firespitter - 7.1.1

Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.0.16.6

HyperEdit - 1.4

KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.5

RealChute - 1.3.2.3

SCANsat - 1.1.2

ShipManifest - 4.2.0.2

Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.3.1.1

TweakScale - 2.1

Karbonite - 0.6.1

Karbonite Plus - 0.4

MKS - 0.30.1

USI-LS - 0.1.2

Is anyone else having the same issue or is there a general bug that i have missed while reading through the forum?

Regards

Ian

He Roverdude how are you?

I hope, spending some time playing KSP, or maybe enjoying life in the "alternative world".

Anyway, I'm hoping on this mod coming along. There seems to be some quirks that need solving.

And I really hope on the resource consumption and waste rates option, so I can settle my OCD disturbances.

Anyway I've made some tweaks as always:

// === USI Life Support patches ===

@PART[*]:HAS[MODULE[ModuleLifeSupport],#CrewCapacity[*],~CrewCapacity[0]]:NEEDS[LifeSupport]:AFTER[LifeSupport]
{
RESOURCE
{
name = Supplies
amount = 1
maxAmount = 1
@amount *= #$/CrewCapacity$
@maxAmount *= #$/CrewCapacity$
}
}

@PART[LifeSupportMiniPack]:NEEDS[LifeSupport]:AFTER[LifeSupport]
{
@cost = 100
@mass = 0.01
@RESOURCE[Supplies]
{
@amount = 10
@maxAmount = 10
}
}

@PART[LS_Tank_125]:NEEDS[LifeSupport]:AFTER[LifeSupport]
{
@cost = 1000
@RESOURCE[Supplies]
{
@amount = 100
@maxAmount = 100
}
}

@PART[LS_Tank_250]:NEEDS[LifeSupport]:AFTER[LifeSupport]
{
@cost = 7500
@mass = 0.8
@RESOURCE[Supplies]
{
@amount = 800
@maxAmount = 800
}
}

@PART[LS_Tank_375]:NEEDS[LifeSupport]:AFTER[LifeSupport]
{
@cost = 60000
@mass = 6.4
@RESOURCE[Supplies]
{
@amount = 6400
@maxAmount = 6400
}
}

Adds a bit of life support on crewed parts. Some nerf on the parts so you really need to stock them up (they're roughly increased by weight for the stack tanks).

I think it will also work well game balance, so longer voyages will required better recycling and life support.

Oh, and I've also noted textures still need a dds convertion.

Again, I'd be happy to help, don't know how to work github though.

Again, I'd be happy to help, don't know how to work github though.

It really isn't hard. If this old fart can figure it out anyone can.

Basic steps are

1. Make Github account

2. Go to Rover's repository, click fork

3. Go back to your repository, work on the forked copy. Here it can be easier to load the github software which will mirror the files on your local machine to work on.

4. Make changes.

5. Commit changes

6. sync local to web.

7. Go to your repository and create pull request.

It really isn't hard. If this old fart can figure it out anyone can.

Unfortunately this seems more useful if I actually could code anything, All I know is basic of programming, which means jack for practical purposes.

Still couldn't I make suggest changes? Like a pull request, a change but waiting for approval?

Anyway, I'm hoping on this mod coming along. There seems to be some quirks that need solving.

RoverDude has stated that the mod is the way it is so that he doesn't put supplies everywhere.

But it looks like you have solved it for yourself.

RoverDude has stated that the mod is the way it is so that he doesn't put supplies everywhere.

But it looks like you have solved it for yourself.

Not that what I've meant, some stuff like, simplifying the window, an supply helper in the editor, a monitoring window for the KSC scene.

Unfortunately this seems more useful if I actually could code anything, All I know is basic of programming, which means jack for practical purposes.

Still couldn't I make suggest changes? Like a pull request, a change but waiting for approval?

Unless you have write privileges to the project a pull request is a change waiting for approval.

- - - Updated - - -

Not that what I've meant, some stuff like, simplifying the window, an supply helper in the editor, a monitoring window for the KSC scene.

Ahhh I thought those were the quirks that needed solving.

Not at all. I have tried to help Rover a couple of times using the above method of pull requests (hopefully what I have done has actually helped :-) ) when all the changes that I made were .cfg file tweaks. No real programming per se. Doing it this way still helps Roverdude as it integrates the file changes into his Github workflow.

Hi all

Is there a problem with this life support mod and the OKS out of the USI Kolonization Systems (MKS/OKS) pack, I have two stations using the OKS modules and the Life Support window always says Supplies are in the negative and are orange. I have put together a test Mun base next to KSC and that is OK saying it has 292 days of supplies. I have provided all the necessary requirements Mulch, Organics, Substrate and Water, there is also Machinery which was on board when launched. The stations seem to be working as there are supplies and recyclables being produced and the station resources page seems to be ticking over OK.

And there are supplies on that station? Screenshot please, including your resource panel.

- - - Updated - - -

@GFurst - I have no plans at any time to ever add supplies to capsules. I disagree with that need. For other bits, feel free to log github issues. Note that this is still in an alpha state ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.