[1.12.x] USI Life Support

RoverDude

3 minutes ago, Cruesoe said:

Quick Question - Veteran Kerbals are immune to the no supplies effects.  Should I use another mod (Like Earn Your Stripes!) to grant Kerbals veteran status would this make them also immune to the out of supplies effect?

The Kerbals that are immune are handled via a config string, so odds are that would not work.

4 hours ago, Cruesoe said:

Quick Question - Veteran Kerbals are immune to the no supplies effects.  Should I use another mod (Like Earn Your Stripes!) to grant Kerbals veteran status would this make them also immune to the out of supplies effect?

If you're willing to use the Create Kerbal cheat, there is an option to make your created Kerbals veterans. I use this to make 3 more veteran Kerbals to closer mimic the original 7 Astronauts. USI LS seems to treat them the same as Jeb and the gang. Then again, I've never let them run out of Supplies, so I don't really know if this does the same thing you are attempting to do..

Cheers, 

I sent a little base to minus  but i forgot to put on any command pod or ranger control module so now when I landed and undocked it from my sky crane it cannot be used.

So my question is can I fly the Ranger command  auxiliary module out there and attach it  with an engineer ? 

also can you store stuff / parts  i.e mini truss into a container and unload stuff when you get there so you can build on the planet  as i need to add a docking port i forgot ?

Or do i just start over ? ( not sure what engineers can do ?)

Thanks

On 4/27/2015 at 1:37 PM, RoverDude said:

The resource itself is just 'supplies' and has the visual representation of a translucent, semi-rounded green cube. What are they? Well... leave that to the imagination. But the labeling will read 'N.O.M.S. - (Nutritional Organic Meal Substitute)' on the tins

homestuck reference?

as in the perfectly generic object?  

54 minutes ago, psvialli said:

I sent a little base to minus  but i forgot to put on any command pod or ranger control module so now when I landed and undocked it from my sky crane it cannot be used.

So my question is can I fly the Ranger command  auxiliary module out there and attach it  with an engineer ? 

also can you store stuff / parts  i.e mini truss into a container and unload stuff when you get there so you can build on the planet  as i need to add a docking port i forgot ?

Or do i just start over ? ( not sure what engineers can do ?)

Thanks

Neither this mod nor MKS would allow those on their own - but MKS is designed to work well with KIS, which is what you need to do both of those:

HI, im using the latest 1.5.X constellation package and I have built a space station (orbiting kerbin) with 8 Kerbals on board over 10,000 EC and Solar Panels, it is producing power but the EC timer does not update unless I switch to the station (it has 6 days Capacity when fully charged). This isn't a game breaking issue as the kerbals are all fine when the timer runs out but I just thought I would let you know

34 minutes ago, Solar_Ranger24 said:

HI, im using the latest 1.5.X constellation package and I have built a space station (orbiting kerbin) with 8 Kerbals on board over 10,000 EC and Solar Panels, it is producing power but the EC timer does not update unless I switch to the station (it has 6 days Capacity when fully charged). This isn't a game breaking issue as the kerbals are all fine when the timer runs out but I just thought I would let you know

Totally normal behavior :)  

Some posts have been removed due to off topic bickering about forum etiquette.

Folks, just a friendly reminder:

It's fine to ask questions. And I'm sure we all understand that it's a good idea to scroll back a bit to see whether someone else may have asked the same thing recently, since that helps keep the thread from getting cluttered with redundant content.

However... there's no call to be snide if someone "missed a spot". It's fine to politely point out the answer-- as @Cruesoe did here, thanks!-- but it's not appropriate to publicly ridicule anyone. Please don't do that.

Also, if somebody does inappropriately respond... please, just report the post (thus pinging the moderator team), and do not otherwise engage.  Doing so only leads to flame wars and accomplishes nothing constructive.  You're not a moderator,  so please leave the correction of inappropriate behavior to us. It's what we're for.

Thank you for your understanding.

12 hours ago, Solar_Ranger24 said:

In my game the veterans are immune to supply effects and I am thinking of installing Earn your Stripes, a mod that enables other Kerbals to become Veterans once they are experienced enough, how would this work with the supply effects, would the new vets also be immune?

It wouldn't happen automatically, but you can add their names to the Vets list in the USI-LS options when they become vets.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2018 at 9:11 PM, Boamere said:

Just thought I'd mention for anyone using the space station redux pack, it has bugged habitation because of the new module manager code.

I managed to fix it (I think) by changing it to the new format in this file: SSPXR-USILS.cfg

Could this bug also affect the USILS converter parts, like nom-o-matics?

In my current career, I can’t get any “start agroponics” button on them. The recycler part doesn’t have any right-click menu at all. I tried a fresh 1.5 install with only squad folder and pre-release USILS mod and got the same issue. Every other aspects work fine (EC, supplies consumption, Hab). I just can’t start the converting process.

i deleted the pre-release files and tried again with 0.9.0 and everything worked like a charm so I’ll stick to it.

I don’t know if this is a known issue or if I’m the only one getting it, so I thought I should share it here

Edit Nevermind, I installed it again just to be sure and it worked fine this time. Don’t know what happened because I didn’t change anything.

Edited by Aodhan

• 2 weeks later...

@RoverDude There is a bug in 1.6.0 & 1.6.1 that can lock up the parts menu in the VAB if a bulkheadProfiles isn't defined for each part. The following thread discusses it.

The following parts in this mod are missing a bulkheadProfiles definition:

./UmbraSpaceIndustries/LifeSupport/Parts/Greenhouse_Cupola.cfg
./UmbraSpaceIndustries/LifeSupport/Parts/Greenhouse_Inline.cfg
./UmbraSpaceIndustries/LifeSupport/Parts/LgRecycler.cfg
./UmbraSpaceIndustries/LifeSupport/Parts/MiniPak_01.cfg
./UmbraSpaceIndustries/LifeSupport/Parts/MiniPak_02.cfg
./UmbraSpaceIndustries/LifeSupport/Parts/MiniPak_03.cfg
./UmbraSpaceIndustries/LifeSupport/Parts/Recycler.cfg

Unless I'm missing something, I think a useful future feature would be adding larger versions of the RT-500 for missions with many kerbals. I like the way the recycler percentages "stack", but as it currently is, stocking a large interplanetary passenger ship forces one to add more than one RT-500's per extra kerbal past a point, which necessarily adds a lot of parts. For example, if I wanted to ship 16 people to Jool, I'd have an RT-5000 and 18 RT-500's for peak efficiency. If I want to take 32 people, that goes up to 40 RT-500's; for 41 parts total, just in recyclers.

Adding a 5, 10, and 20 kerbal version of the RT-500 would help a lot, and if they have similar mass, EC and recycle ratios, wouldn't change the overall dynamic.

On 12/20/2018 at 9:11 PM, Boamere said:

Just thought I'd mention for anyone using the space station redux pack, it has bugged habitation because of the new module manager code.

I managed to fix it (I think) by changing it to the new format in this file: SSPXR-USILS.cfg

I have noticed this problem too, but I think this is a global issue, not only related to the Space Station Redux pack. I checked all modules with extra Habitation values, from all the mods I have plus the stock ones, such as the Hitchhiker. All rigid modules show one Kerbal-Months value in the description, but use another one in the calculation = Kerbal-Months - CrewCapacity. All inflatable or expandable modules work fine, though. This causes the rigid modules to have a lower habitation value than expected. Some of them get 0 Kerbal-Months (e.g. K&K Planetary Central Hub from the Planetary Base Inc mod), since the extra habitation value is equal to the crew capacity, leaving them with an effective habitation that is not better than any small pod with no extra habitation value (i.e. 7d:3h).

I could give a try to your CFG file, but I don't know where to drop it. I took a look in the mods' folders inside the GameData folder but found no such file. Is this to replace an existing file or is it a new one? Could you be so kind to tell me where to install it?

Thanks,

Marconi

Edited by conao

1 hour ago, conao said:

I have noticed this problem too, but I think this is a global issue, not only related to the Space Station Redux pack. I checked all modules with extra Habitation values, from all the mods I have plus the stock ones, such as the Hitchhiker. All rigid modules show one Kerbal-Months value in the description, but use another one in the calculation = Kerbal-Months - CrewCapacity. All inflatable or expandable modules work fine, though. This causes the rigid modules to have a lower habitation value than expected. Some of them get 0 Kerbal-Months (e.g. K&K Planetary Central Hub from the Planetary Base Inc mod), since the extra habitation value is equal to the crew capacity, leaving them with an effective habitation that is not better than any small pod with no extra habitation value (i.e. 7d:3h).

I could give a try to your CFG file, but I don't know where to drop it. I took a look in the mods' folders inside the GameData folder but found no such file. Is this to replace an existing file or is it a new one? Could you be so kind to tell me where to install it?

Thanks,

Marconi

modulemanager config files are not folder specific.  You can literally drop it anywhere under gamedata.  Often people make a custom config folder to keep them organized.

5 hours ago, goldenpsp said:

modulemanager config files are not folder specific.  You can literally drop it anywhere under gamedata.  Often people make a custom config folder to keep them organized.

Thanks for the hint, but simply dropping it in the GameData folder or in a subfolder didn't work. Any other suggestion?

/Marconi

23 hours ago, conao said:

Thanks for the hint, but simply dropping it in the GameData folder or in a subfolder didn't work. Any other suggestion?

/Marconi

IF you have already started a game, go to the USI-LS button when at KSC and edit the configs for your game directly.

I often re-set my per-seat value to 1 month this way.

I don't know if this is confirmed to work for 1.6.1 but when I go to open the config menu in the KSC it only shows a blank window, and in the VAB it doesn't even show up the menu. Just wanted to know if this was already a common bug before or if it just isn't compatible with 1.6.1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.