[1.12.x] USI Life Support

RoverDude

I am attempting to design a disconnected base to take advantage of the various logistics systems. Unless I am misunderstanding something? - it seems that Hab time is going to be a bit of a problem.

Bill will be sitting in the little mining rig capsule ensuring that the drills operate at best efficiency but it seems he will have only 30 days Hab time. In my vision of the abstraction he would be strolling across the yard several times each day to enjoy meal breaks etc., with Jeb and Bob in the main large habitat. Yes?

Would it make sense if Hab time and Home time were based on the available accommodation and current population density within a 2 km range for landed base complexes? As it stands I think I will need to either regularly march Bill across (i.e. not abstracted) or run a KAS pipe (which kinda defeats the whole disconnected base concept).

Sorry: Cross posted this with the Kolonization thread

Hey Rover Dude, I'm having some unexpected behavior:

I have a craft, containing Jebediah, that has been out for a LONG time. I didn't include LS because I read in your top post that Jeb, Bill, Bob, and Val don't require it. However, Jeb is now refusing to work.

Do you know what's up?

6 hours ago, Kowgan said:

@RoverDude Weird, I have Supply Packs on that lander. Aren't those considered storage? The kerbal there (Meldie) seems to have access to those packs only, with 10 days worth of supplies.

I think you will find that when Meldie's packs get depleted enough they will refill via scavenging from the main base supply. I am not sure of the mechanic in USI-LS-only setups as I use USI-LS and USI-Kolonization together where scavenging (or "logistics") interact a bit differently.

1 hour ago, joflashstudios said:

Hey Rover Dude, I'm having some unexpected behavior:

I have a craft, containing Jebediah, that has been out for a LONG time. I didn't include LS because I read in your top post that Jeb, Bill, Bob, and Val don't require it. However, Jeb is now refusing to work.

Do you know what's up?

The default settings changed a version or two ago. Orange suits are no longer immune by default. You can change this in the settings.cfg file.  

Supplies:  How long you have before you run out of supplies.  After that, you have a 15 day grace period (shown as a negative number) before negative effects kick in.

Hab:  How long the Kerbals are willing to stay in the current vessel - beyond this, they suffer negative effects.

Home:  How long before, no matter how nice the accomodations, the Kerbals will get homesick and suffer negative effects.  Home value is based on the very best hab value this Kerbal has experienced since leaving Kerbin.

Respawn time I'm not sure, whatever the default time for KSP is.

Great mod!

But I was wondering, is there a way to show how much the supplies will last, also considering some modules like the Nom-O-Matic? I mean, if I have only 100 supplies but 1000 fertilizer and an operating Nom-O-Matic 5000 it will say that I have just a few days wort of life support, because it doesn't consider that the mulch is getting converted back into supplies. If this feature is not implemented yet, is it planned for the next future?

Thanks in advance :)

1 hour ago, JT531 said:

FOr some reason, the modules arn't there for me. Can anyone help?

We're going to need more information. Do you mean the parts aren't showing up? Please post a picture of your GameData folder and UmbraSpaceIndustries folder. 

Thank you for your wonderful mods Roverdude. Have there been some balance changes recently? Last save a couple of months ago 100kg of supplies lasted quite for some long time. I started a new career and 100kg gives me 6 days of supplies. 

On 12/3/2016 at 3:22 PM, Kaa253 said:

I am attempting to design a disconnected base to take advantage of the various logistics systems. Unless I am misunderstanding something? - it seems that Hab time is going to be a bit of a problem.

Bill will be sitting in the little mining rig capsule ensuring that the drills operate at best efficiency but it seems he will have only 30 days Hab time. In my vision of the abstraction he would be strolling across the yard several times each day to enjoy meal breaks etc., with Jeb and Bob in the main large habitat. Yes?

Would it make sense if Hab time and Home time were based on the available accommodation and current population density within a 2 km range for landed base complexes? As it stands I think I will need to either regularly march Bill across (i.e. not abstracted) or run a KAS pipe (which kinda defeats the whole disconnected base concept).

Sorry: Cross posted this with the Kolonization thread

hab time is shared if vessels are close enough together (250m i think)

But I do get your point, It will make more sense if it was at 2km.This considering both resources and power can be shared at that range...

Edited by merlinux

4 hours ago, hendrack said:

Thank you for your wonderful mods Roverdude. Have there been some balance changes recently? Last save a couple of months ago 100kg of supplies lasted quite for some long time. I started a new career and 100kg gives me 6 days of supplies. 

Yup, settings changed.

1 hour ago, merlinux said:

hab time is shared if vessels are close enough together (250m i think)

But I do get your point, It will make more sense if it was at 2km.This considering both resources and power can be shared at that range...

I'd disagree.  It's one thing to walk 100m to take a nap.  It's quite another to walk 2KM.  Without rovers or logistics parts (in which it's inferred there are bit for moving things arond), resources also have a pretty short range (as does maintenance, and a few others.

1 minute ago, RoverDude said:

Yup, settings changed.

I'd disagree.  It's one thing to walk 100m to take a nap.  It's quite another to walk 2KM.  Without rovers or logistics parts (in which it's inferred there are bit for moving things arond), resources also have a pretty short range (as does maintenance, and a few others.

What if when you have a karibou instead of a log rover then hab time is shared within 2km :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.