[1.3] The Plugin Workshop - Small plugins of varied function

Crzyrndm

@funk

Can you test with this version please. I think I found the issue, but I can't download your .craft (continuous "connecting to server") and my test case just so happened to have the roll controls disabled so I don't know if it was actually broken in the first place...

Nope, still not working, sry. I've uploaded "Pauli-40" again http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=44808902261050018507

Thanks

Dynamic Deflection v1.1.3

• Fixed: Control surfaces forward of the CoM (canard style) inverting the roll control response

NOTE: Re-save any vessels that this could affect. The fix won't take effect if you just jump to the runway.

• 1 month later...

I tried your (Semi-)Saturatable Reaction Wheels and like it

now i wonder if you can make it work with TweakableEverything?

Glad you like it, eLDude! I've had a quick look over Crzyrndm's module, and my reaction wheel throttle won't work quite right with his module, because we both clobber the same parts of ModuleReactionWheel. The best way to get throttling functionality in his mod would be to ask him for it. It'd be a pretty easy addition; he just needs a tweakable field for it and then needs to multiply that into his assignments in updateTorque.

thx for your awesome mods!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Crzyrndm, I know SymmetricFlameout is still marked as experimental, but I've noticed 3 issues with it, one affecting stock, that I'd thought you'd like to know about.

These were all tested in a sandbox game. All 3 issues were only present when SymmetricFlameout was installed, but were always present when it was installed.

1. After starting a jet engine via staging, the right-click action Shutdown Engine and its companion Activate Engine are ignored. Prior to starting the jet engine via staging, they work and the resource window shows reasonable values for intake air demand same as after starting via staging.

2. All of MechJeb's Intake Air values were 0 throughout operation.

3. When RealPlume - Stock Config was installed (all 3 parts: SmokeScreen, RealPlume, and RealPlume - Stock Config), there were only sounds for starting and stopping a jet engine; there were no sounds for the jet nor the turbine and no visual effects at all. Without RealPlume - Stock Config, stock sound and visual effects are normal.

I can provide logs if that would help.

I understand this mod fixes a fundamental flaw in stock and it's not surprising that these sort of issues come up. Thanks for tackling this one and I hope you find this helpful.

EDIT: Almost forgot the fourth thing I noticed: the 0.1.1 download contains a .version file saying it's 0.1.0.

Edited by Jacke

• 2 weeks later...

Question for you Crzyrndm. Would you be able to expand the MometumDischargeThruster to allow for fuel(s) used to be selected in game/editor.I play RealFuels and have switched the module to Hydrazine, but I frequently prefer to use bi prop for RCS as that is usually what my orbital stage is using allowing me to carry fewer resources. IDK how possible this is, but thought I throw the idea out. My dream would be it the UI being similar to RealFuels interface in the editor allowing fuel selection. Thanks! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Analog control looks like a great idea, but in it's current incarnation, it doesn't seem to properly detect what resolution the player is using at the time. Plus, Because of rectangular monitors, pitch and yaw are different scales.

I would absolutely adore a version of AC which was a simple window showing a virtual analog control squares and 1 analog axis patch, with clickable options to set x and y to rotate or translate your choice of axis plus throttle, with multiple control squares visible to switch between, so you could eg have a pitch/yaw spot, a pitch/roll spot, as well as a line to click on to precisely adjust throttle, or just a pitch/yaw spot with a line above it to do precision roll maneuvers

Analog control looks like a great idea, but in it's current incarnation, it doesn't seem to properly detect what resolution the player is using at the time. Plus, Because of rectangular monitors, pitch and yaw are different scales.

The defaults won't automatically change if your resolution changes, but you can change the position and size of the control area ingame by opening the settings window (modifier + O by default, Modifier is LAlt on Windows). The window represents the control zone (IIRC, while control is not active you can move/resize it, and when its active it goes blank to use for visualisation if you wanted to.

I would absolutely adore a version of AC which was a simple window showing a virtual analog control squares and 1 analog axis patch, with clickable options to set x and y to rotate or translate your choice of axis plus throttle, with multiple control squares visible to switch between, so you could eg have a pitch/yaw spot, a pitch/roll spot, as well as a line to click on to precisely adjust throttle, or just a pitch/yaw spot with a line above it to do precision roll maneuvers

That sounds closer to http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92586-1-0-2-RKE-On-screen-Joystick-%28and-Fine-Keyboard-Controls%29-v1-2-1-May-11

• 4 weeks later...

Thermal Monitor updated for KSP 1.0.5, now includes a toggle to show/hide the extra fields and a Core Heating rate for parts with Core heat modules (neither of which I'm particularly sold on in the end. Like? Don't like?)

And a new modlet, courtesy of the suggestions forum again, the variable SRB thrust limiter. Gives you a second thrust limiter and the engine thrust interpolates between the two limits based on the percentage of fuel remaining.

Seems like Analog Control has a bug: after reverting to launch the console is flooded with an exception and the mod doesn't activate. After second revert everything gets back to normal. Next revert breaks it and so on.

I'll be able to provide logs a bit later.

UPDATE: It occures not only on revert but on load of a saved game also.

Here the log lines:

DrawGUITexture: texture is null
(Filename: Line: 487)

Edited by Ser

Yes, I've also found the revert bug @Ser has mentioned.

Also, in 4:3 windowed mode, the deadzone is off center, as if I was looking at the left half of a cropped 16:9 screen. This makes the controller unusable, as I can't pull the yoke all the way to the right.

Btw, does the reaction wheel mod implement direction? (If I cancelled out a clockwise rotation by spinning up a flywheel, the wheel is now spinning clockwise. I should be able to dump that rotation back to the craft and resume the clockwise rotation.)

Edited by S1gmoid

I've installed Analog Control v1.6.1.2.
First I've tried to open the Alt-O window in flight when the control was active. I saw a black window. Deactivated it, pressed Alt-O and tried to configure dead zones. After closing the window the log was full of NullReference, crosshairs didn't show up and the vessel was uncontrollable.
After that every time I try to load the flight scene I have the NullReference. Think it is connected with exising config.xml somehow because deleting the file allows to start from step 1 at least.
So things seem to be greatly messed up.
By the way, I had a hard time trying to close the window because the focus was on the text field and Alt-O didn't work. It has closed only after I resized it so it would be great to have a close button on GUI. Edited by Ser

Hi, Crzy. Thanks for all these mods, your support is awesome.
About the SRB Variable Thrust Limiter, do I understand that mod correctly? Does it decrease the SRBs' thrust according to the burnt fuel? If so, that's just amazing! :)

[quote name='Ser']I've installed Analog Control v1.6.1.2.
First I've tried to open the Alt-O window in flight when the control was active. I saw a black window. Deactivated it, pressed Alt-O and tried to configure dead zones. After closing the window the log was full of NullReference, crosshairs didn't show up and the vessel was uncontrollable.
After that every time I try to load the flight scene I have the NullReference. Think it is connected with exising config.xml somehow because deleting the file allows to start from step 1 at least.
By the way, I had a hard time trying to close the window because the focus was on the text field and Alt-O didn't work. It has closed only after I resized it so it would be great to have a close button on GUI.[/QUOTE]
Will get to investigating this shortly.
[quote name='Kowgan']Does it decrease the SRBs' thrust according to the burnt fuel?[/QUOTE]
That is exactly what it does.

[quote name='Ser']I've installed Analog Control v1.6.1.2.
By the way, I had a hard time trying to close the window because the focus was on the text field and Alt-O didn't work. It has closed only after I resized it so it would be great to have a close button on GUI.[/QUOTE]
I will need a log regarding this issue (a busted config.xml would also be helpful) as I have been unable to replicate any problems with changing the settings
[quote name='brusura']Would it be possible to control also the gimbal range with Dynamic Deflection ? Those panther engines are hard to control ^^ [/QUOTE]
While possible, I don't see why you would need this. The control authority you get from a gimballed engine doesn't depend on your current airspeed or altitude.

On the other hand, I can see uses for varying gimbal by thrust percentage... Edited by Crzyrndm

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.