List of things needed in a hotfix

r4pt0r

QA/experimentals are not perfect, and that's fine. Nothing can beat users actually playing the game to find bugs lol.

If no one objects, I will maintain this post with things that need to be fixed sooner than later, as a resource for Squad. Please link any submissions here with a source for me.

This is not for new content, this is for fixes only, ala the 24.1. revision patch.

Things so far:

Fairings are massless, the fairing base contains all the mass, so ejecting fairings doesnt save you any weight. also, link #2

Heat Shields Have no weight themselves, but add their mass to the CG somehow, that results in pods flipping on reentry

Parachutes were not balanced to the new aero

minor thing:-Fuel cells: Engineer's report says they store, but don't generate - electric charge.

I've seen posts saying jet engines are actually correct now, so until I see proof they are broken, its off the list.

Edited by r4pt0r

wow! did we get a wrong copy of early expirimental or were we just right for thinking squad couldnt deal with all the bugs and changes with a small QA and Exp. teams? i mean we arent forgiving but these are probably stuff that others will but still they should have done a 0.95 i am sure we will find way more serious things

Clicking on "Training" in the "new game" menu does absolutely nothing.

I just checked this, you click training, then you click a training mission. It worked for me mate.

Edited by r4pt0r

Trainings work for me too, although the long-promised interplanetary travel training isnt here. (or at least i havent found it)

oh and maybe add this to the list (not very important but its something) :

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/116988-Ok-Squad-you-ve-managed-to-kick-my-OCD-into-high-gear%21?p=1870709&posted=1#post1870709

(sorry, couldnt get the link be a link. c&p needed)

Some things i have noticed so far:

- Kerbals sometimes still get ejected to infinity when exiting a capsule

- Kerbals still slide over ladders

- SAS in combination with gimbals don't work pretty well during atmospheric flight

- Having a kerbal on a ladder and change to map view keeps the Board text although boarding from the map view is not possible

- to be updated

Edited by Lorunification

Fuel cells: Engineer's report says they store, but don't generate - electric charge.

Edit: Additionally, the Engineer's report doesn't understand why you might have a fuel tank with no fuel user (a fuel cell.) It just looks like fuel cells came into the build without some hooks for the report. This is minor stuff, not a hotfix-type item. (A "hotfix" is usually reserved for severe performance bugs, stability, crashing, or in cases of completely broken functionality.)

Edited by basic.syntax

- Kerbals sometimes still get ejected to infinity when exiting a capsule

Haven't had that one, yet. It does do a sudden camera shake on capsule shake though.

Ladders are still slippery, yes.

Edit: They actually seem a little slipperier.

Edited by smjjames

it looks like aero and heat didnt go through proper QA and the Exp. Team just assumed that that was the way it was supposed to be

And a case of the experimentials team not knowing how it should be.

it looks like aero and heat didnt go through proper QA and the Exp. Team just assumed that that was the way it was supposed to be
Is something specifically wrong, that you would call a bug that must be addressed - or, is it more along the lines of a balance question for the entire system? If it's a balance question, changes of that sort will emerge over a longer period of time, like perhaps the next regular release in 4 months or so.

Indeed. The regular jet engines are too weak to even complete the survey Kerbin missions.. they don't seem to be able to reach altitudes above around 14k under the best of circumstances. The turbojet engines just tear your ship apart at anything under 15k and above that you're left with next to no control because the atmosphere becomes too thin. The speed at which you burn up parts seems entirely too low, as I cannot get a spaceplane moving quickly enough in the 10-15k range to be able to make orbit without tearing the plane apart. I can't enter a steep climb above the 15k range with my jet engines because they lose control too quickly above that altitude and the atmosphere becomes too thin for a high angle maneuver like that - the engines just flame out in atmosphere thin enough to not tear the ship apart. I'm going to keep experimenting, but as it stands I'm not sure how I'm going to get my spaceplanes into orbit.. /miss FAR.

The Airbrakes are kind of overpowered. Two Airbrakes alone are enough to safely land a small craft - No chutes, heatshield or engines needed. That is not the use of airbrakes - they are way too powerful.

I've just tried this with a Mk 1 capsule fited with 2 air brakes. It hit the ground at over 40m/s - non-survivable. How did you get yours to survive?

What would you guys change about the jet engines exactly? Constructive feedback is far more valuable to the devs than just saying it needs changing.

I would cut the thrust and adjust the ISP curves. Ideally, they would be closer to the FAR configs. I'm not sure exactly how, but I know that having a peak thrust of 900-something for the turbo jet is ridiculous.

Here's FlowerChild's fix for heatshields not moving the centre of mass down. Just make sure you've got the newest ModuleManager installed and add the following code to a .cfg in your GameData folder, e.g. "hotfixes.cfg"

It might help if you put this in the first message. Oh, and FlowerChild's original solution is here.

@PART[HeatShield1]

{

@PhysicsSignificance = 0

}

@PART[HeatShield2]

{

@PhysicsSignificance = 0

}

@PART[HeatShield3]

{

@PhysicsSignificance = 0

}