List of things needed in a hotfix

r4pt0r

Has there been any official status update from Squad on a hotfix for these issues? It is my expectation that the game would have a hotfix within a week or so to address the most pesky bugs.

Don't know if it's been mentioned in this thread (haven't seen it anywhere, really), but does anyone else feel like new Kerbal hires are WAY too expensive? It seems strange that the very first hire cost me more than landing on the Mun.

Has there been any official status update from Squad on a hotfix for these issues? It is my expectation that the game would have a hotfix within a week or so to address the most pesky bugs.
Yes - Check this thread.

Kerbal hires being expensive is a game balance / design choice. I've seen it brought up in other threads, along with this good and probably intentional work-around: rescue contracts. They're quite grateful for the pick-up! :)

What would you guys change about the jet engines exactly? Constructive feedback is far more valuable to the devs than just saying it needs changing.

Make the basic engines more powerful and nerf the turbofans. Haven't got to rapier yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes - Check this thread.

Kerbal hires being expensive is a game balance / design choice. I've seen it brought up in other threads, along with this good and probably intentional work-around: rescue contracts. They're quite grateful for the pick-up! :)

I love Jeb but can we pick our own kerbals to start. For example make the first 3 kerbals free.

Not really a large issue: Lights seem to be absent from the medium and large landing gears, despite the lights being present on the models.

Also, a minor design consideration: While I think it's fine that the large landing gear doesn't have steering, the medium one sort of needs to steer. Since it's the only fitting landing gear to go to when in need of nose-wheel when using heavy's as a main gear. However, the medium landing gear doesn't have steering as an option.

I'm not planning on reading all 20+ pages if this has already been mentioned but this is one that has been bugging me (pun intended) ever since stock cargo bays were introduced.

OX-STAT Photovoltaic Panels inside a fairing or closed cargo bay should not generate power.

i think the auto progression stuff has some issues. in my game i am getting progression contracts for pol but i have not even visited the mun yet. if i had to guess i think my contracts asking me to do kerbin escape tests has triggered some sort of logic that i'm ready for pol contracts. i see both the generic "visit pol" progress contract and a second contract flag planting on pol.

the full breadth of my contracts has been several kerbin orbital contracts, several orbital rescues, and two kerbin escape trajectory missions where i immediately deleted the craft after completion.

The heat model is just...bizarre.

1) Science Jr. nestled immediately behind the heat shield overheats and explodes while pointing heat-shield down (using FlowerChilds's mass-fix). That cannot be by design. This is from a 100km orbit with re-entry Pe of 34km.

2) 2 units of 'Ablator' consumed during ascent/while in orbit makes 0.0% sense. Heat shields, especially while still coupled to the sustainer, should not be consumed until re-entry.

urOhkksl.png

Pointing the correct end toward re-entry and still lost the Science Jr. How?

fsJBXkVl.png

The heat shield colliding into the capsule and riding with it the rest of the way down was adding insult to injury...

oMvam3Jm.png

Edited by Death Engineering

i think the auto progression stuff has some issues. in my game i am getting progression contracts for pol but i have not even visited the mun yet...
Sounds like a known issue for 1.0 - check this thread to see if you agree. (I think a fix has a good chance of making it into the planned 'hotfix' patch - just my opinion based on that linked thread, tho.)

I know Squad has a lot on their plate but this needs to be added to the list:

Save action grouping on mirrored/radial parts! How many times have you set an action key to a group of engines or other part only to find out later only one works because you had to move the part? Why has this never been addressed? Squad, please fix this.

Hmm, it does look like they have mass there....well, assuming drag isn't getting into the bay somehow :/

(I've had problems were bays were shielding half of my parachutes despite the parachutes not even being INSIDE the bays, so let's just say my bay confidence is low)

The one I'm talking about is when you're trying to place parts in symmetry mode, and instead of placing the part on the opposite side of the rocket, it winds up mirroring it internally within the rocket. Usually wiggling your mouse some to get the code to place it again will sort it out (sometimes it takes a few tries), but man...what a pain in the neck, especially if you don't notice it happened until after you've made additional changes to your design.

Yeah - I've been bitten by that one many times. I'm surprised it made it into 0.26 even; Harv SAID he redid symmetry (and we have a whole bunch of new modes to show for it), but yet this durned bug persists :/

It's especially nasty when an SRB ends up attaching itself to both sides of a radial decoupler, meaning the other one is inside the core booster's tank....

And yes, agreed, not being able to place maneuver nodes for unknown reasons in a released game really isn't reasonable. We're all used to interface bugs like this and the one above, and know how to work around them, but for a new player, that is likely struggling to understand concepts like maneuver nodes and part symmetry to begin with, that stuff is just plain broken.

Agreed 100%.

When in the VAB, the floor paint vanishes when viewed from above.

It sounds like it's a transparently textured polygon floating above the actual floor rather than part of it (z-fighting issue?). Easy fix is to simply apply it to the floor..although the floor might be using some sort of repeating texture or such.

(some have noted in the past that it does visibly float above the floor at certain angles...)

I'm not planning on reading all 20+ pages if this has already been mentioned but this is one that has been bugging me (pun intended) ever since stock cargo bays were introduced.

OX-STAT Photovoltaic Panels inside a fairing or closed cargo bay should not generate power.

Solar panels work by taking in bay particles, which are generated through either explosions (like in the sun) or cargo bays. Of course, Michael Bay movies produce enormous levels of said particles, thus solar powered devices are especially useful in a theater during their showing... but that's kinda beside the point. Anyhow, panels in bays, due to the bay particles, should ALWAYS produce power, even when in a planet's shadow.

(just kiddin'. I think it's nuts too...although I've been abusing the heck out of it for S&G. I also thought that the game was supposed to account for that already?)

100% chance.

Excellent news! As much as I love Pol, I ain't goin' there until someone ELSE confirms that the invisible walls are gone. Well, except maybe some invisible-wall finding probes.. still, will be nice to leave Pol on the back burner until AFTER Minmus~ (it showed up just AFTER the Mun for me)

Since 1.0, I have only started again in Science Mode from scratch.

Yes I noticed the Heatshield issues on re-entry. I have applied the fix for that. One thing I have noticed is the Ablator value never seems to change. So far I only have the 1.25m one, and the number stays locked on 200, even after a nice hot re-entry from 135km up, falling straight down.

Another thing that's really annoying me at the moment is there are some parts listed in multiple branches of the Tech Tree (and also multiple times in the same branch). This means that you can use them when building a ship. But when you go to launch said ship, you get a message saying you are trying to use parts that are not available yet. The Structural Fuselage is one for sure. It's listed in General Construction, and also in Advanced Construction. I've unlocked General, but not Advanced, so it won't let me use it. The other is the 2HOT Thermometer. It's listed in Basic Science, then again in Space Exploration.

I've also got parts showing up twice in the Construction Panels...

XM-G650 Radial Air Intake.

Wing Connector Type A, B and C.

Swept Wing A and B.

Structural Wing A and B.

Elevon 1.

MKI Fuselage Intake.

2HOT Thermometer.

MKI Liquid Fuselage.

ALL of those show up twice on the left side of the window.

I haven't unlocked many levels of the Tech Tree yet, but this is a bit strange. I haven't tried a re-install yet though, but I was considering it.

OK... So a fresh install seems to have fixed all of the issues with duplicate parts in the Tech Tree at this stage. I have just done a complete delete and then fresh install, and started a brand new game in Science Mode.

I haven't got a clue why it was messed up though. Maybe someone could shed some light on that.

Probably already mentioned, but parachutes slow you down too fast even in their semi deployed state, and they should burn up at high speeds, like instantly. Re-entry heat has no purpose now. Also, heatshields are massless, so you tip over 90% of the time while on re-entry.

A high timewarp isn't correctly slowed down upon approach to a planet. Easy enough to duplicate, launch Jeb into a suborbital with 500km+ apoapsis, then set timewarp to max, and watch Jeb go "poof" as he smashes into Kerbin. If you're lucky, you might see the capsule in the atmo at full timewarp before it rips apart.

Kerbals can still be ejected by radial stuff near, but not directly on, the hatch. Easiest way to duplicate is to put 2x radial chutes on a Mk 1 pod, and have Val go EVA. Had her do this on the ground after a successful flight, and she launched into the surface so fast she went "poof". :(