The Positivity Thread!

gompasta

After seeing all the crying about people who can't handle change, I think we need a change of pace.

Personally, I am very much enjoying the new update, and any "problems" people seem to be mostly nit-picking on tiny details, and forgetting that bugs happen and the CTG wont necessarily play the same way you do.

WHY DID I START A POSITIVITY THREAD ALL NEGATIVE.

I am having a blast with this new update, and I expect any problems to be fixed soon enough.

Yep, it isn't easy adjusting to the new aerodynamics model and heating, but I seem to be adapting! Planes are now a lot more fun to fly, and everything feels a lot more real.

I haven't progressed in career enough to do the mining and scanning yet, but I am looking forward to putting that to use.

Edited by gompasta

well there's a difference between nit picking and your crafts flipping head first into the atmo and exploding with no way of saving them

i love this update but come on squad that's why we said we wanted a 0.95 also reports are coming that the SPH is a buggy mess

Edited by EladDv

The plane controls are just perfect. Much better than before. But the issue with the capsule going backwards is really sad.

Easily solved by putting a little finlet on the top of your capsule to raise the CoL. New world requires new thinking. Solve the problems yourself, instead of asking "God" to change the universe.

The instability is indeed a bit weird, but not a huge problem: A slight amount of control or opening a chute as high as possible solved every instability for me.

Seems like the usual rule goes: Want a bug free/fixed release? Wait for the first patch.^^'

Well, it seems functional for the most part.

Edited by Temeter

Way to start off a "Positivity Thread" by bagging on everyone that is reporting all the bugs, glitches, and just plain wrong stuff with this release.

On a positive note, I'm enjoying being a volunteer QA testor for Squad after the release. It genuinely is fun to find all the reasons why this never should have been called 1.0

Well I just flew the big MK3 stock plane (106 parts) to its ceiling with a green clock, which is an improvement!

Then it blew up cos it's got too much thrust now :cool: Performance good, but the default craft might need a wee smidge of tuning methinks ;)

One thing to note is that planes are incredibly fun to fly! They also look good. I researched only a single plane node and the resulting craft actually looks like a plane. Distinctivly kerbal, but definitly a plane. That's new.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.