Launcher, Patcher not working and stays at "Checking for updates"

When I launched the launcher, it said "Checking for Updates..."

After waiting for a whole 10 minutes, it still doesn't work.

Anyone help?

Edited by Goliath

The patcher that download via the launcher, with a fresh install, refuses to authenticate. Specifically I get this message

"Unable to authenticate with the server: Received malformed data from the server: File not found."

I have done everything the wiki has suggested, I have given it all of the firewall permissions I can, I've deleted and re-installed several times, and nothing has worked. I have changed my password several times just to make sure I'm using the correct login info, still nothing. I have contacted squad via email and they only send me what amounts to courtesy emails. They have been no help whatsoever. Will someone please really, actually help me?

When I launched the launcher, it said "Checking for Updates..."

After waiting for a whole 10 minutes, it still doesn't work.

Anyone help?

Same thing happened to me. You can bypass the launcher and start the game by double-clicking on ksp.exe. Worked for me at least.

It's quite likely that the server is simply overloaded at the moment, what with everyone trying to download 1.0 at the same time. There's not much that can be done to resolve this save waiting, at this point, as frustrating as that may be. :(

Same thing happened to me. You can bypass the launcher and start the game by double-clicking on ksp.exe. Worked for me at least.

I did that, but I can't seem find any saves. Is that normal?

I'm getting the same thing here, with the exception of the fact that I copied my saves from the saves folder from KSP 0.90 into the new folder for 1.0. If you notice, the patch program seems to do the same thing, just hangs there. Yes I have all my AV turned off, so there's no firewall, etc. So in theory, KSP has full access to my broadband connection. Sure I can run KSP.exe without a problem, but it seems that a few days ago, this also affected the launcher from 0.90, and I am wondering if it has to do with perhaps certain plug ins (mods like Mechjeb, or anything else). My best guess, is that it may be downloading data, as I watch my network traffic, but at a slow rate, since everyone is no doubt wanting to get their hands on 1.0 to play with it. :) Anyhow, the get around for me to play at the moment is to launch the KSP.exe file, not the launcher... (BTW, why does KSP take up damn near 4GB of memory????)

Perhaps the website migration broke something or the permissions for the folder got messed up. I am getting 404 errors in my Patcher.log

Patcher.log excerpt:

04/28/2015 05:18:54 PM [DEBUG ]: Downloading data from https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/kspstore/dp/patcher/index.php to memory...

04/28/2015 05:18:54 PM [DEBUG ]: HTTP 404: Not Found (https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/kspstore/dp/patcher/index.php)

04/28/2015 05:18:54 PM [DEBUG ]: Content-Length: ??? bytes

04/28/2015 05:18:54 PM [DEBUG ]: Received: File not found.

04/28/2015 05:18:54 PM [DEBUG ]: getAuthToken=File not found.

04/28/2015 05:18:54 PM [ERROR ]: Unable to authenticate with the server: Received malformed data from the server: File not found.

Hi!!

Got the same Problem! But when starting with KSP.exe I'm not able to go to Rocket Assembly or what ever.............so...........*argh* . Klicking on them just does nothing. And o yes MechJeb installed. <-- Maybe?

Edited by Xsiberger

Guys it is due to the server under heavy load. Soo. Please launch using ksp.exe

Unlikely. If you remove the index.php from the URL you get the 'website under maintenance' response. The server is responding. Either the PHP app is offline, broken during the migration, or the permissions for it are wrong on their server.

This is not a server problem (except if the targeted script hangs). It works perfectly if patcher.exe is not present. It's a client problem.

It's strange that's there is not a thread for check/download and a thread to start the game, or even some asynchronous download.

Authentication

Getting login token...

Unable to authenticate with the server: Received malformed data from the server: File not found.

- - - Updated - - -

Squad Patcher

Using rsync-2.0.9

Preparation

Detecting if OS-resident rsync is present...

rsync is not already installed, so making use of bin\rsync.exe.

Authentication

Getting login token...

Unable to authenticate with the server: Received malformed data from the server: File not found.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.