Launcher, Patcher not working and stays at "Checking for updates"

Heh, the resolution is fixable at lest.

Open your Windows registry and do a back-up (always do a back-up)

Navigate to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Squad/KSPLauncher"

Edit the Screenmanager entries, use decimal and don't set fullscreen to 1 (the launcher doesn't have its own close button)

A lot of people are having trouble updating via the launcher/patcher due to a bad DNS and certificate, so if it doesn't work just get the game from the Squad store.

Patcher doesn't work again, it's just stops with this error:

"Unable to authenticate with the server: Received malformed data from the server: File not found. "

Last time it's worked for me was about 10 major builds ago, around .20.

Any suggestions how can I fix this?

Whenever I try to use the launcher (or patcher) to update to 1.0.2 (from 1.0.0), It launches, then under "Getting login token" it displays a message in red, "Unable to authenticate with the server: Received malformed data from the server: File not found."

I am positive it is not my email/password as I triple checked and tried 3 times.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

I'm getting the error where, because I thought a fresh install to get 1.0.2 (from the KSP website) the launcher doesnt download. Everytime it simply downloads a corrupted, compressed .zip file. I can technically run without, as the rest of the download was fine, but it is simply worrying, and I'd like to report it regardless.

It's not caused by anything on your end guys, the Squad server had certificate and DNS issues and now it's just not allowing connections properly.

Squad are away till Tuesday I think, yet another national holiday over in Mexico.

I have news. I downloaded 1.0.2 from KSP Store and when I started the launcher, tha launcher didn't download the Patcher.exe, it's downloaded a Patcher.zip (size 55 kbyte) and you can't open it because the file is broken.

I tried to delete this zip and restart the launcer but it's downloaded this corrupted zip again. I tried to redownload the client (1.0.2) again but this problem still persist, at least for me.

Please download from the store, the server for the patcher is down.

Maybe you can tell me how to download from KSP store if I have bought game from gog.com and gog.com doesn't update it at all? Buying another copy is not an option.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.