Am I the only "Glass half full" guy around here?

MrZayas1

@Wallygator/RedIronCross: you can put mine right in the middle... maybe up a bit.... and to the right a tad bit...

there are good things to KSP and also bad things.

I love KSP for it's sheer stupidity and the fact it doesn't matter how creative you are your still going to freaking space in something you've built out of your hard earned time.

then there's the hate where the Devs have hit the wall with "new" ideas and are starting to put their own version of things which we have either seen or had in our games before because of mods.

not to say that's a bad thing but it's slightly upsetting to see these features come in and i'm just sitting here saying "oh that's another 4 mods i don't have to install."

but then again love comes back around and i can't help but get excited when something of mine barely survives re-entry because i managed to flip back around just in time to deploy my chute.

all in all. 50/50 right now. not too happy about the update but still happy it's 1.0 :)

Edit by Red:

Graph5.png

Edited by Red Iron Crown
Added updated chart

I suppose, if I'm honest, my little wolf symbol should go inbetween post a lot and blind fanboy. I tend to be more positive than negative, and while I'm not the most active poster, I'm definitely not mute! :D

Edit by Red:

Graph6.png

Edited by Red Iron Crown
Having waaay too much fun with this. =)

I don't even know who's that guy on "Rarely Posts"... but if I were in that chart, I'd probably be somewhere at (-3, 1).

On-Topic: I guess I am 3/4 Glass Full right now. New Atmo is gr8/8 for flying airplanes, though it's somewhat tricky for rockets. It's also harder to start on a 100% equatorial/polar orbit due to the same, which ruins my OCD. :(

What has really miffed me, though, is how resource scanners need to be at a 100% polar orbit. I wasted a probe finding out that fact the hard way. Come on, Squad/RoverDude, why is that necessary? :mad:

I don't even know who's that guy on "Rarely Posts"... but if I were in that chart, I'd probably be somewhere at (-3, 1).

On-Topic: I guess I am 3/4 Glass Full right now. New Atmo is gr8/8 for flying airplanes, though it's somewhat tricky for rockets. It's also harder to start on a 100% equatorial/polar orbit due to the same, which ruins my OCD. :(

What has really miffed me, though, is how resource scanners need to be at a 100% polar orbit. I wasted a probe finding out that fact the hard way. Come on, Squad/RoverDude, why is that necessary? :mad:

That would be me. I created the graph (Bows) but Red Iron Crown has been kindly updating it (Bows again in the direction of Red Iron Crown).

Edited by Wallygator

Heya. This is maybe my 16th post in the past 4 years so you could put me way at the bottom, just barely to the right of the center line.

Edit: Duh. It says 59 posts right under name, join date, location etc. Also, Guess I've only actually been here 3 years.

Edited by Menecroth
Blind stupidity.

Heh. Nice graph! I wonder where I fit in. Probably somewhere near the middle, seeing as how I'm not as prolific a poster as regex, but I am pretty much always around.

The thing is, I love KSP. I am saddened/perplexed by some of the turns it's development has taken, but overall I feel the devs are doing a competent job.

Graph1.png

Just kiddin'~

Graph2.png

But don't be fooled. The relative neutrality of my x-axis position is because I'm very much a hating troll AND a blind fanboy, it's just that those values are very close so they cancel each other out almost entirely.

But don't be fooled. The relative neutrality of my x-axis position is because I'm very much a hating troll AND a blind fanboy, it's just that those values are very close so they cancel each other out almost entirely.
I'm only that far into hating troll because I don't ever "blind fanboy" anything.

The problem with some people that if you give them a glass full of beer, they will complain it's the wrong beer, or they don't like beer, or "HOW DARE YOU GIVE ME BEER!!! DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT LEADS TO?!?" and nothing you do can please them. My guess is that over the years of developing this game, Squad has had to build some thick skin to deal with the abuse thrown at them. The fact of the matter is, developing any game this detailed is VERY hard. Don't believe me? Down load ANY game engine and develop one. Once you let the public know what you're doing, you'll have a whole mob of people criticizing what you're doing saying you're using the wrong engine or your code is messy and they can do it better. And some may be right. But, most are wrong. Felipe, you did a FANTASTIC job with a GIGANTIC project. Feel proud of your accomplishment and remember that your dream has finally come true after all these hard years of work. Congratulations! I raise my glass completely full of my homebrew wheat beer to you and your team. (sip) Now it's not so full anymore. (sip sip) :)

Let's see here...

yi6uf93.png

I've made a couple of critical posts about Squad on the forums and reddit, but also posted positive things, so... I guess it cancels out. Kind of like renegade's situation.

The fact of the matter is, developing any game this detailed is VERY hard. Don't believe me? Down load ANY game engine and develop one.

Using a game engine is cheating. My own game system interfaces with OpenGL directly (and it's predecessor from the DOS era rasterized it's own bloody polygons at a putpixel level). I was working on scale and coordinate localization systems when Harv was a teenager attaching tinfoil kerbonauts to fireworks~~~~~~~~~~~

The only thing is - none of the companies I ever worked for would bankroll a risky venture like KSP. They were either too big, old and stodgy or too small to afford such a thing~

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.