Pewdiepie did ksp!!!!

RAINCRAFTER

HOW is this >crap< whorth 1.9 million views ? Even the video editing is ugly

I call it the "40 percentile". The people in the bottom 40 percentile of intelligence control 99% of the views~

That's where stuff like Yogscast comes from.

Oh well, I've already dug my bomb shelter. Squad will get some cash, we might get a few decent people, and the stupids will all move on after crashing a few rockets -- "lel explosions". Just have to weather the idiocy for a little while, try to rescue people who can be saved, and let the rest find shiny items elsewhere on their own time.

I cringed all the way through the video, let it be known. He did reach space once, in the cinematic countdown (I assume a break where he went to learn).

I see it 2 ways:

1. Massive flood of really inexperienced 9-13 year olds flooding the forums with " L0L Kerbalz, omg guz I killed JebZ wiTh a Boosterz" or " I press space to space, right". I don't like this option

2. Free? (I think he said he was sponsored by Squad) advertising and much more people interested in the game, cane me helped by the lovely people here.

And? Whats the problem? Their money is as valuable as ours (actually more, since they will pay full price for it). Some newbies flooding the forums for some weeks in exchage to finance the development of new features for 24 more months? Looks good.

He has been sponsored, it says it at the beginning of the video (on the bottom). I don't know how much money it costs, but if he is really capable to have 2 million people watching a KSP video in a bunch of hours, then it should be a ....load of money to be a bad business.

*gets his rainbow colored chainsaw ready* well i cant stand these guys if that happens i wish that this community will stay respectful and intelligent. Plus i think that sponsored videos are wrong and if they want to have Youtubers to upload videos they should approach them and interest them in the game- i know TotalBiscuit loves the game and has said good things about it in multiple occasions and i wont be surprised to see a review coming up soon.

Oh no exposure to a large audience might taint our precious forum!

I've seen several PewDiePie videos, and never understood the abject hate. He's annoying at the start and end and if I never hear the word "bro" again I'll have still heard it to many times, but dude's just doing what he likes and getting paid for it.

I wonder if this is the real reason they rushed to 1.0

[/conspiracy]

[/notreally]

I don't really understand the hate for him either. I think it's just people trying to be "edgy" by picking on the largest target available.

This was the first time I've watched more than 5 seconds of a PewDiePie video (I managed about 20 seconds) but his existence doesn't hurt anyone, so why should I care? It's not as if he's on TV taking up a slot that could be filled with something better; YouTube is practically infinite. It's really easy to not watch things that you don't like. You simply don't watch them.

If the most popular YouTuber does a video on a game you love, then you should be happy.

i know TotalBiscuit loves the game and has said good things about it in multiple occasions and i wont be surprised to see a review coming up soon.

I'm looking forward to seeing his review. Also worth noting that Dodger was talking about having played the game for the first time on last weeks co-optional podcast, she was pretty positive about it.

On-topic, if it was me, I'd have hoped for more than a 6 minute video, especially if I was paying for the coverage. Declaring victory over stranding his kerbal in space - total success! Snark notwithstanding though, I do hope it gives the sales numbers an extra bump, I don't see anything wrong with paid promotion, once it's disclosed.

Never heard of the guy before. When I read the first comment I was like "so what?".

Then I watched 90 secs of his video and paused wondering why anyone would talk about such a ....ful video.

Then I noticed how many subs this guy has. Turns out he has the most subs on Youtube by a long way.

I can only assume he makes some good videos to have such a huge fan base but after seeing 90 seconds of this garbage I won't be looking to find out.

If it increases sales at all and this game is supported for longer as a result I'm all for it

He used infinite fuel for the Mun landing and probably other things

Didn't say he was a rocket surgeon, but unlike Poods he gives actually learning to pilot a shot.

And once flew a stack of like ten planes. Didn't land it, but hey!

Never heard of the guy before. When I read the first comment I was like "so what?".

Then I watched 90 secs of his video and paused wondering why anyone would talk about such a ....ful video.

Then I noticed how many subs this guy has. Turns out he has the most subs on Youtube by a long way.

I can only assume he makes some good videos to have such a huge fan base but after seeing 90 seconds of this garbage I won't be looking to find out.

If it increases sales at all and this game is supported for longer as a result I'm all for it

I think his main demographic is pre-teen males. Just think of some of the crap TV you watched as a 12-year-old and try to watch it now without cringing.

I'm pretty sure a lot of the cringe-worthy incompetence shown in the video was Pewds hamming it up for the camera. He knows his audience well.

And if it means a whole ton more people buying the game and flooding the forums? Good. More people is more fun. The serious rocket-scientist types can carry on with their RSS/RO-fueled NASA simulations, the lelsokerbal types can carry on blowing stuff up, and the idiotic trolls can taste banhammer.

I fail to see the problem.

I'm all for more players, but do you really want to deal with bad bug reports, poor post quality, constant rule breaking, and overall chaos? Or do you (moderators) do such a good job that we don't see any of those things, but it still happens?

Didn't say he was a rocket surgeon, but unlike Poods he gives actually learning to pilot a shot.

And once flew a stack of like ten planes. Didn't land it, but hey!

Ah his video was crap as well. He yells all the time which is super annoying. Infinite fuel removes any challenge from the game.

I could at least watch most of his video and decided to look at some of his other video to see why he was popular. I just can't stand all his yelling so I won't be look at his videos again either.

Guess I'm just not the target audience of popular Youtube persons.

Mike Aben makes the best KSP videos in my opinion. Very informative and easy to understand. He must be a teacher given his presentation style.

I think his main demographic is pre-teen males. Just think of some of the crap TV you watched as a 12-year-old and try to watch it now without cringing.

Yeah that makes sense.

I watched Transformers in the 80's. I downloaded the entire TV series and although a little corny it's still pure gold.

Edited by uglyduckling81

I'm sorry. But I expected more from some of the people here...

While they're talking about keeping this community "respectful and intelligent" they're being objectionable to something that hasn't even happened yet. (The premise of a forum filled with annoying 12-year-olds)

It hurts me to see respected members of this community calling someone's work garbage and >crap<.

so, pewds made a video

dodger, cry, ken... seems they all made one. did squad buy the entire polaris crew? :D

i like it.

besides, 95% of those "annoying 12-year-olds" (remember, you were once one of them too) who will buy the game just because of pewds video will never see this forum. they will get annoyed or bored and simply quit, but still adding to squads sale figures. thats a good thing.

the other 5% who will stay and perhaps even find this forum and participate will maybe become valuable members or even the next generation of astronauts? who knows. and thats a good thing too.

The video wasn't as bad as what I expected. At least he shows how *not* to play, by completely ignoring the data displayed when hovering the mouse over the different parts, and that just slamming together cool looking things will not get you very far. ;-)

What I find truly disappointing are the number of people in this thread who are upset (or dissatisfied) with a popular 'youtuber' giving publicity to a high quality game and to an interest in science, physics, or something beyond what may (or may not) be taught in schools.

I am appreciative of any form of media which garners interest in science or encourages others to learn more about the world around them.

This reminds me of a perfect South Park clip (you have been warned) about smugness and a false sense of elitism.

More exposure for KSP = more sales for Squad = more free stuff for us! So this is a good thing, IMO.

As far as Pewdiepie goes, I respect what he does marketing-wise, but I can't stand his videos, so I won't be watching this one either :).

well, i like pewdiepie. I'll admit his videos nowadays is not funny anymore, but i like him as a kindhearted person. he really care and communicate with his subs all the time. And he do a lot of donation. with the money he make, he can even buy a mansion.

and yeah, the KSP video he post isnt as enthusiastic as when he played dark souls

He is the single most popular YouTuber and ... I don't know, really. It'll probably get KSP some sales and may increase forum traffic. If those make you happy or sad then you may care about them.

More players is like more boosters. Always good thing :)

Who is this and why should I care?

I also had no idea who he was until I saw a southpark episode... I'm still in my 20's, but I'm starting to feel old and out of touch...

I still miss using AIM instead of facebook messenger... of course, I was never very "cool" or in touch to begin with... I hate cell phones for example... I have an ipod touch... people keep mistaking it for an iPhone... nope, I don't carry a cell phone.

I want to watch his video to see what he's said about the game... but I don't want to boost his viewership and add to the stupidity...

I'm sure there are a lot of other videos out there that deserve to be watched more.

I'm reminded of a study where they took the same set of songs that had no record deals, and allowed various groups to listen to any of them (there were too many for any one person to listen to all of them) and recommend them (online, within the group, like a yelp review or something).

Feedback loops setup, and certain songs became much more popular than other... but if you repeated the experiment with a different randomly selected group, a different set of songs became very popular... and so on... then they did a control where people couldn't recommend and influence what songs others listened too.

The conclusion was that it was nearly random chance what became popular and what didn't, and there was no strong correlation with people's personal preferences in the absensce of influence for others.

It basically confirms the idea that some people are famous for being famous, and some things are popular because they are popular.

I'm sure thats what has occurred with pewdiepie.

I highly doubt he is any more deserving of his success than a vast multitude of other people that post stuff on youtube.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.