why do you have to be so negative

pallyme

It had issues that clearly needed addressing even ever since the start of development, and many others were counterintuive. Squad can't just assume what needs addressing - giving feedback really helps. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have kept the Round-8 had it not been for the "protest" that followed.

Although I really enjoy it too.

Can't you just he happy with the game I'm having a blast.

Don't sweat it. It's the internet and typing is cheap. Most folks are enjoying it and some of the criticism isn't actually negative, it's constructive so Squad can find and fix the problems.

Can't you just he happy with the game I'm having a blast.

trolls will be trolls. I'd not be surprised if those who complain the loudest don't even own the game.

Or if they do, haven't played it, or at least not looked further than "oh, this works different from before, BAD".

It's always that way, with anything and everything. And quite often too the people who scream loudest that something new is bad are the ones who before screamed that the lack of that exact same thing was bad.

I've seen people demand that the level cap in a game be raised, then complain about it being raised the moment that raise is implemented in essentially the exact way they'd claimed was the best and only way to do it. That's sadly the reality of internet pundits, they thrive on negativity.

In some cases it's even companies paying people to troll forums and other communities of their competitors in order to drive away the users (and potential future users) of that competing product.

And yes, I've been involved with a company that caught several of those red handed, using computers belonging to a major competing brand to post (false) lies and negative rumours about our products, usually accompanied by "you should try XXX instead, it's much better".

trolls will be trolls. I'd not be surprised if those who complain the loudest don't even own the game.

Or if they do, haven't played it, or at least not looked further than "oh, this works different from before, BAD".

It's always that way, with anything and everything. And quite often too the people who scream loudest that something new is bad are the ones who before screamed that the lack of that exact same thing was bad.

I've seen people demand that the level cap in a game be raised, then complain about it being raised the moment that raise is implemented in essentially the exact way they'd claimed was the best and only way to do it. That's sadly the reality of internet pundits, they thrive on negativity.

In some cases it's even companies paying people to troll forums and other communities of their competitors in order to drive away the users (and potential future users) of that competing product.

And yes, I've been involved with a company that caught several of those red handed, using computers belonging to a major competing brand to post (false) lies and negative rumours about our products, usually accompanied by "you should try XXX instead, it's much better".

Which is why im glad to be able to say this forum is relatively troll-less. For now. The very nature of KSP has defended against it so far.

Most of the people who like the changes are probably playing the game right now so theres a disproportion of people on who are complaining at the moment. This happens with most every game release nothing to see here really. Change can be hard, but it is often needed. A lot of the complaints I see are ones that are easily resolved by just revering back to your previous version of choice.

I for one am enjoying the changes but do agree that they are going to make me relearn a lot of stuff. A lot of the changes that are causing me trouble are ones that make the game more realistic so thats a good thing in my opinion.

People need to change how they where playing, due to changes to earo, heating and chutes.

People don't like changing in general.

Wait 2 weeks, see that the complains will have gone down to a minimal. (Software dev myself. And 2 weeks is about the point where I noticed that people start to accept major changes in their workflow)

Love the update myself, but do notice that I need to learn rocket building again, but now proper.

People need to change how they where playing, due to changes to earo, heating and chutes.

People don't like changing in general.

Wait 2 weeks, see that the complains will have gone down to a minimal. (Software dev myself. And 2 weeks is about the point where I noticed that people start to accept major changes in their workflow)

Love the update myself, but do notice that I need to learn rocket building again, but now proper.

Right now, I hate it. They changed things that didn't need changing. And I'm not talking about aerodynamics and rockets flopping upside down. I can adapt to that. Parts have been changed that didn't need changing. Like the MK1 Inline. Looks like a damned jelly bean on a bagel. Like solar panels you can no longer retract. The keyboard has been remapped. Wait till you try to dock. Toggling between translation and rotation does nothing. And NOW, if you have stages and you try to switch between the two... you stage. And... to make it even more fun, to switch between translation and rotation, you have to move your hand across the keyboard OR use two hands. What WAS a simple one-handed operation is now a cluster f.

I for one am really enjoying the update so far. Unlike many others, I took a 2-3 month break from this game, I haven't touched it most of this year since beta actually. I did this specifically because I knew they were reworking significant parts of the game. That means old ships, saves, mods, and everything inbetween may not work anymore.

Tonight is the first time I started up the game in a long time and I started with a clean slate; no mods, no old saves, brand new career mode, relearning the new physiques engine. So far, I really like it.

I played it for a few hours last night and noticed a couple of issues. I'm going to wait until I have logged a few dozen hours until I give an overall opinion.

I think that valid criticism is good for the game. Obviously I love the game as I'm sure most people on the forum do, the point is whether there are features that could be better and I'm willing to guess there are.

It's still the coolest game I've ever played... I haven't found anything that I can't deal with.

I love flying like a madman.... On translation and rotation, I've always used two hands, it seems so much easier to use IJKL to translate.

Edited by vixr

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.