KSP 1.0 Constantly Crashing (windows)...

KSP Version 1.0 (no mods); Windows 7 64bit; Steam Install

ASUS Crosshair V Formula Z Mobo

FX-6300 (O.C. 4.5 GHz) w/ Corsair H80i

16 GB Corsair Vengeance RAM

GTX 770 2GB

240 GB Corsair SSD

Did a clean install (deleted .90 and installed 1.0 to different directory [and HDD]; no mods); game worked well for awhile and then started to constantly crash on me every few min. Doesn't seem to matter what I'm doing at the time. Has crashed on the launch pad, during flight, in the VAB being idle, attaching thermometer, attaching radial parachutes... the list goes on.

The crash log shows that between 35-45% of RAM is being used; however it shows that there is 0 MB physical memory, 0 MB paging file, and 0 MB user address space [1915 MB free], with Write to location 00000000 caused an access violation seeming to be the reason for the crash.

I have run Windows Memory Diagnostic and MemTest; both came back with 0 errors.

I had to run with -force-opengl in .90 for it to run without crashing; though with having to alt-tab out and in to fix graphical glitches. Don't know if this is related but thought I would report it anyway in case it helps... (will try that again now and will update if it helps; although with KSP being 'released' I had hoped that this would have been fixed.

error.log:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7U2eHh0eg4BWDZfaUg0SHA4dkE/view?usp=sharing

output_log.txt:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7U2eHh0eg4BQzJKMk9CUERWYlk/view?usp=sharing

settings.cfg:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7U2eHh0eg4BdzNiLS1nUmtZTDQ/view?usp=sharing

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have over 700 hours into this game since .18 and need my fix and all the new stuff!

update: -force-opengl seems to fix the crashing problem for now; with the added bonus of now the mouse cursor stays visible after right click&hold or selecting a textbox. It does take longer to load scene changes though... Would still like some insight as to why the force-opengl argument is necessary for me...

Edited by jamirrz
update

Yeh having the same bug, which is weird since i have 16 gb of ram.

Always happens on re-entry which a space plane.

I had drag forces showing to, so i guess it could be a memory leak in that. Did you guys have that on too?

I haven't had the issue since the last patch.

I had drag forces showing to, so i guess it could be a memory leak in that. Did you guys have that on too?

As for this, Unity+KSP are 32bits, so only 3GB can be use by the application.

there is a memory leak if you have the thermometers showing (F10 to turn them off), not aware of one with aero forces.

there is a memory leak if you have the thermometers showing (F10 to turn them off), not aware of one with aero forces.

Indeed. Since I have been diligent at turning them off I have had no more crashes. If I forget and leave them on it crashes. Sucks that you have to do it every time you switch craft or launch a new ship.

• 1 month later...

Maybe this would help.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/59005-0-25-Release-3-8-Oct-16-2014-Active-Texture-Management-Save-RAM%21

It helped me by running more mods.

Note: The first time you launch the game it will take a while and it might crash, but just restart the game untill it is finished. It is also noted in the mod discription.

Unfortunately friend the active texture ja manager not help ing as soon as possible, increasingly the plugin does not follow the change of mods and every Caribe; kps of the own game without mods consumes more and more memory without any mod, to the Caribe; 00:25 I used use the cloud mod + astronomer + KSPRC, and another 10 mods, B9, IMPOSSIBLE Innovations and several others and the game ran for hours without crashes, but starting the Caribe; 0.90 ja became more complicated and now Caribe; 1:02 is practically impossible, I I upgraded my computer from 8 to 16 gigas with speed and 2400ghz of sli gtx 980 and core i7 4770k, but does not help you have a decent computer to run simulations interstellar if the game runs on 32bit and when you get 3.9 gigabytes. Lock all, to min the development team is walking backwards !!!! because at this point the game should be running only on 64-bit and instead took the 64-bit executable set to min are penssando or end the game or throws it to consoles because it is what is looking, the game is being produced for limited consoles ..... excuse the frankness and the outburst, but like you I love this game and I sells cabin be destroyed, regrettable ...

Edited by rbrgames

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.