Windows 64 bit community workaround

WWEdeadman

I run 64bit and have no issues whatsoever apart from the pod icon and the right/left mouse buttons. I have about 33 mods installed with all running correctly. If anyone needs I can list what mods I have and my system specs. Its ksp1.0.4 I use if it helps.

a little trial and error has resulted in good frame rates again... Remove SovetPack.

Romfarer (lazor) will cause Kerbin to disappear.

hooligan seems to work but I cant get the GUI to appear so its pretty useless.

I dont have any crash logs to show, where is there another log file?

I had both of these running pretty well in .90 x32, wish I could get them back.

Im loving the 64bit windows KSP but just a little question. Has anyone using it experienced any re entry problems? Twice today ive re entered and once I hit the atmosphere I get the flames around my pod......no surprises there except on these 2 occasions my lander didnt slow down even with the parachute deployed. The flames were still there until I hit the ground at a ridiculous speed? Ive been told it was that my andle was too steep yet ive re entered countless times without this problem? Is it just me or........

Im loving the 64bit windows KSP but just a little question. Has anyone using it experienced any re entry problems? Twice today ive re entered and once I hit the atmosphere I get the flames around my pod......no surprises there except on these 2 occasions my lander didnt slow down even with the parachute deployed. The flames were still there until I hit the ground at a ridiculous speed? Ive been told it was that my andle was too steep yet ive re entered countless times without this problem? Is it just me or........

I've heard of a "no atmosphere" bug where you do what you've described. Personally I aim for a 30 km periapsis on reentry and everything seems to go well.

I've not had a bad experience with 64 bit itself. The stock game does not need it of course. But this last time I put wayyyy to many mods on it and crashed my save in 64 bit. Oh well. It's great if you are having memory issues on 32 bit where you just barely go over. I put too many math heavy and parts heavy mods on my last save though.

Next save will be just a few mods. (who am I kidding, it always starts that way lol)

Has anyone experienced FPS loss with this? I've read that people experience the opposite, but with my high-end rig I averaged about 10-15 FPS on Duna with a pretty complex craft. I've never noticed this on the 32 bit build, so it really stuck out with me. Unfortunatly I don't have the install left, so can't upload any log or anything. Not expecting a fix, just wondering if this is something anyone else have experianced?

I've been trying this for the last day or so, and I can't confirm x64 is working any better than x32 for me. On the other hand, my memory use for KSP doesn't exceed 2.5GB.

There isn't really any performance boost, it's just unlocking the 64-bit memory addressing, so you can go well beyond the 3.5GB crash limit of 32-bit.

Has anyone experienced FPS loss with this? I've read that people experience the opposite, but with my high-end rig I averaged about 10-15 FPS on Duna with a pretty complex craft. I've never noticed this on the 32 bit build, so it really stuck out with me. Unfortunatly I don't have the install left, so can't upload any log or anything. Not expecting a fix, just wondering if this is something anyone else have experianced?

I've noticed my performance has gotten slightly worse, but I added a lot more visual enhancement addons and extremely high-rez textures... did you install any extra mods compared to 32-bit?

Hi can anyone help me maybe?

I'm triying this procedure with KSP 1.0.4 but:

First I'm getting quite a lot of messages in red (I can click on close)

Then the loading page is missing the progress bar, and it takes... forever to load the game (I haven't loaded succesfully yet)

Currently I'm still loading it, I can see the funny messages changing (adding K to all world, Reaching a safe distance...etc) but... it goes like this... forever.

I've also removed active texture manager mod, thinking it might the cause of the slowliness, but it's the same.

Am I the only one who is experiencing this?

Hi can anyone help me maybe?

I'm triying this procedure with KSP 1.0.4 but:

First I'm getting quite a lot of messages in red (I can click on close)

Then the loading page is missing the progress bar, and it takes... forever to load the game (I haven't loaded succesfully yet)

Currently I'm still loading it, I can see the funny messages changing (adding K to all world, Reaching a safe distance...etc) but... it goes like this... forever.

I've also removed active texture manager mod, thinking it might the cause of the slowliness, but it's the same.

Am I the only one who is experiencing this?

Without a list of the mods you use and a log it's hard to help + what spec you PC have. ATM is only slow the 1st time after installed or when new mods with texture where it needs to do it's stuff on.

Without a list of the mods you use and a log it's hard to help + what spec you PC have. ATM is only slow the 1st time after installed or when new mods with texture where it needs to do it's stuff on.

Yea post a bit more info for sure.

To Lumaan, AFIAK ATM is no longer required since Squad switched over their textures to dds. I would drop ATM for good if you're not using mods with extensive png textures.

Thanks for the reply:

- So, I've tried with no mods at all and the loading of the game seems to remain infinitely slow.

- There are no log files, since I'm not getting any error or crash. Just the game remains in "loading screen" but (I repeat) with no progress bar at all, only the funny kerbal phrases.

My PC specs are the following:

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @3.40GHz (64-bit x64-based processor)

RAM: 8.00 GB RAM

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670

If anyone has any idea...

Thanks.

Maybe it could be useful to see the messages it shows:

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/t31.0-8/11838582_10206417514210982_541164931618885166_o.jpg

Here should be a bit more readable:

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/t31.0-8/11223716_10206417521491164_158130329904312849_o.jpg

Any ideas?

Yea post a bit more info for sure.

To Lumaan' date=' AFIAK ATM is no longer required since Squad switched over their textures to dds. I would drop ATM for good if you're not using mods with extensive png textures.[/quote']

But the thing is not all mods have followed, so it will help and ATM is only converting if needed.

So, I've been testing this out for a few days now and it seems to be quite stable on my machine. AVP, OPM, and k+ working together make the game look awesome! The only problems I'm having seem to result from mods that are incompatible with the x64 version. For me it's mostly b9(blowfishes maintenance version), and vens stock revamp(although I need to test this more). Kerbal Construction Time won't even load for me either. I'm going to take my time and add mods slowly in any case, but I'm wondering has anyone come across mods that consistently cause a lot of issues for people?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.