Windows 64 bit community workaround

WWEdeadman

1 hour ago, Puggonaut said:

Yehaa glad you posted that got the ERROR message then noticed the exe.exe. thanks for that

Now watching a rainbow cat running across the screen coz of you :lol:

EDIT............Ok so far . Started a New Sandbox Save . Built a New Saturn 5V1B , couple of observations 1) Less Stability Rings needed 1 instead of 3 , 2) Fuel Consumption , yeah I know wierd eh , but with the 32bit version i was staging at 32/38,000M depending on how hard i hit the loud (Throttle) Button , 64 Bit i'm getting to 64/68,000M before I need to drop the stage one off ( onto someones house no doubt) , one small thing the engine cut off seems a lot more violent , but less explosions when the stages seperate an the next stage engine fires up . identical Saturn Builds in both versions before you ask .

Oh yeah on the loading screen i get a Warning about Non Compatible Mods ?

EDIT 2

Just tried a old save , it fired up fine , got Adams ISS in orbit over 700 Parts , running the game at Full Res , an everything else maxed out 1980 x 1020 , I7 4460K 2GIG Nvidia Card an 8 Gig of Ram , Windoze 7 .

Edited by Puggonaut 2
Spelling as usual

Hyee i encounterd a very interesting and mostly ennoying bug.

I recently started a new sandbox save with remotetech so i started putting up an extensive satelite network to cover the whole kerbin system.
I did that all in one stint yesterday evening. I was very satisfied with my work and called it a day.

This evening i restarted went into the VAB to design a munar lander went to the launch pad and everything went fine untill i opened the mapview and saw something was missing.

I had no active flights all of my satelites where gonne. Then i left my lunar lander on the launchpad to see if it was just a mapview bug and went to the tracking center.
Here i saw only emptyness after returning from the tracking center to the space center view my lunar lander also was gonne from the launchpad.

Anybody any ideas what could be causing this?
if u need any info to look in to let me know.

6 hours ago, kerbjor said:

[...] i started putting up an extensive satelite network to cover the whole kerbin system.

[...] all of my satelites where gonne. [...]

I totally sympathize with you.

No idea what could be the cause but have you look in persistent.sfs ? Maybe you'll find a clue about what append.

7 hours ago, Li0n said:

I totally sympathize with you.

No idea what could be the cause but have you look in persistent.sfs ? Maybe you'll find a clue about what append.

yeah i took a look in the persistent file and it only aded more to the mistery. i found tracks of the lifesupport status (usi LS) off the kerbals that where on board of the munar lander on the launchpad that dissapeared but not a single track of a flight. and those kerbals are nowhere to be found in the game.

well i'm not the guy thats gonna give up so i did exactly what you should do when encountering problems in KSP 64 bit and that is do the exact opposite thing u are supposed to do.
I added more mods! rebuild my satelite network thx to the power of hyperedit. and yeah my satelites are still there ;p 

Looks like a vicious stealth attack from the Kraken got me without leaving tracks behind and he decided to move to another victim.

thx for the sympathizes!

22 minutes ago, SmashingKirby148 said:

Ok, this is getting annoying. I've even deleted the old Career Mode save and made a new one. Buildings still upgraded. >:(

Do you have any solar system mod installed? For some reason mine is fine, up until I installed Kapernicous.

4 hours ago, Thomas P. said:

Career mode is utterly broken in Win64. There's nothing you can do to fix that, except to edit all the levels to 3 in the savegame

No, I fixed it. I removed Kopernicus.

57 minutes ago, Sovek said:

Not that I'm aware of, not unless you have forensics level data retrieval software.

What's that?

14 minutes ago, Thomas P. said:

Ehh, how should removing Kopernicus fix anything? It doesn't mess with the SpaceCenter Buildings. You might want to submit logs, with Kopernicus installed of course :)

I don't know, but it fixed it :P The buidlings still go fully tiered sometimes, but after a quick trip to the VAB it fixes itself again. :D

48 minutes ago, Thomas P. said:

Yeah, that's exactly the same effect you get with Kopernicus. :P So it isn't fixed, just the stuff that is in your RAM has changed and therefor KSP's broken mono does it's stuff correctly, instead of using wrong pointers. ;)

Kopernicus makes the buildings upgraded permanently. I have no idea why, but it does. I found this out after having issues with the 3x harder solar system mod. I was unwilling to give up mods or the scaled up kerbin, so the building upgrades went away.

I'm kinda in the same boat as Maybach123. I tried to get my KSP to work with Unity 5 as you can see here:

But as the moderator indicated the KSP 1.1 update is needed for it to work with Unity 5 x64. So I'm kinda stuck. I'm wondering what version of Unity 64 bit build would work best with the current KSP?

The thing is, KSP is currently on Unity4, so trying to use the binaries from Unity5 will fail, you need to use the older Unity4 release to make this work.

Specifically, Unity4 4.6.4f1, you can see this in the output_log.txt for 1.0.5

64bit support is planned for KSP 1.1 so this hack won't be needed once KSP 1.1 is released.

1 hour ago, chucknorris said:

Hey guys,

i've run this 'hack' before, but after a fatal SSD fail i was forced for a complet reinstal.

When i now start the game i get this:

xZU2913.jpg

What am i missing?

make sure u have right version of unity.

Hello everyone,  I've recently updated my system hardware and thus had to reinstall KSP (1.0.5)

I applied the x64 workaround with Unity 4.6.4, and in a vanilla configurations it seems to work fine. If I install RSS (and kopernicus), however, I manage to get to the main menu, start a new game and then it immediately crashes.

I'm using the latest RSS  (10.4.1, compatible with 1.0.5) installed via CKAN, I also used x64unfixer and it showed the realsolarsystem.dll as unfixed.

Does anybody have the same issue, or could help me with this?
I can post either the error or output logs, whichever may be required for analysis.

I do thank you for you time.

Regards,

Dolin

On 30.01.2016 at 5:46 PM, sidfu said:

i can verify Kopernicus causes building to stay at level 3

I confirm that! It's the Kopernicus.dll, that causes buildings to upgrade. I've also tried to install different versions of Kopernicus, it's interesting, but the problem begins from the version 0.5 and higher. 0.4 and below work just fine! Damn... It's so close, maybe the Kopernicus guys know the answer...

Damn... It is still upgrading occasionally. But in the case with version 0.4 you can at least revert the upgrades by restarting the game. With higher versions even restarting doesn't help. :(

Edited by panzerwaffe044

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.