Windows 64 bit community workaround

WWEdeadman

On 4-2-2016 at 6:33 AM, panzerwaffe044 said:

I confirm that! It's the Kopernicus.dll, that causes buildings to upgrade. I've also tried to install different versions of Kopernicus, it's interesting, but the problem begins from the version 0.5 and higher. 0.4 and below work just fine! Damn... It's so close, maybe the Kopernicus guys know the answer...

Damn... It is still upgrading occasionally. But in the case with version 0.4 you can at least revert the upgrades by restarting the game. With higher versions even restarting doesn't help. :(

There seems to be a mod that fixes this problem, it's in ckan just search for 64 and then only one mod pops up. 

Edited by Cpt_Gunny

I have a very strange problem with Real Fuels and the 64bit workaround. The mod works fine in 32bit but when I installed it in a 64bit install it doesn't work at all. If someone had similar problem and knows a solution please share.

P.S. problem solved thanks to KSP x64 Total Unfixer

Edited by mitko

On 09.02.2016 at 3:59 AM, Cpt_Gunny said:

Currently trying out the 64 workaround, I have a full RSS setup as a RO. Hope it works flawlessly. :) 

Is it possible to make FAR and Deadly Re-entry work on 64bit? The Unfixer doesn't seem to help...

Edited by panzerwaffe044

I looked thro the thread and did not see anything on this. I get a lock up and crash when doing anything in science mode. Is this only usable in sandbox? Also the Unifixer will not work. Love this mod and hopefuly when 1.1 comes out 64bit will be officially supported because I must have 100 plugins :)

I can verify aside from a bug that would occasionally cause me to crash in the middle of launching a rocket, the 64-bit hack works PROVIDED you use the unity player that is the version of KSP.  Oddly, even running with full texture resolution, I was not hitting 3.7 GB until I loaded more mods in d3d11 mode.  Before I used the hack, I was crashing every 2nd or 3rd recovery.

On 2/4/2016 at 1:17 PM, NathanKell said:

And yet, oddly enough, without a hacked executable the buildings don't have messed up upgrade levels with Kopernicus installed. So maybe you guys might want to be a bit more careful with blame here. ;)

No way! Modders are just evil people trying to keep me from the perfectly stable and reliable 64 bit windows. They don't want me to enjoy muh game and all the things I want to add to it. It is only modders fault that I can't play the game how I want. Obviously Squad is in the conspiracy too since they don't support windows 64 either when it is obviously so easy and reliable even a community member can fix it. :lol: 

So, I tried doing the workaround, exactly as said, and even get a few known glitches here and there (buildings keep showing as upgraded when they're not supposed to). But my KSP keeps crashing whenever it hits the 3.9gb area.. shouldn't it be going up to at least 6 by now? (I've got 8gb of RAM, and while I'm playing KSP there is about 4~GB, sometimes 2-3 free memory)

EDIT: Figured it out, since I'm using Steam it launched the wrong executable (Launcher.exe instead of KSP.exe)

Edited by MrKibe

My theory: Squads choice to develop 32bit versions solely is because they intend to use the exact same release for every platform; including the Nintendo Wii release. yes, KSP is coming to nintendo Wii U. In the 64 Bit version works for PC however certain, resources that work for windows (Debian and OSX) that improve x64 in unity, will not support alternate distributions like nintendo or Xbox. in other words, to make a universal release it HAS to be in x32.

Has anyone encountered with 64-bit KSP where water landing at any speed causes the ship to come apart? I'm using the workaround with unfixer to use FAR, KJR and other mods. I know they aren't unsupported, but would like to know if anyone could help me pinpoint if there is a specific mod causing these issues.

Thanks!

I understand that many mods disable themselves on x64. I understand a few bugs. But how do you all even play it? I got 3 deep freezes in an hour while trying to ascend from Kerbin. Only killing the KSP process helps.

(Was trying Unity 4.6.4f.)

*Begs as he wants hi-res textures with all the mods*

Edited by atomontage

I play it, but for some reason I'm still consistently crashing on loading screens before I ever hit 6-8gb of memory usage. From the posts of everyone else hitting 8-9gb, I find it really weird that I'm having trouble whenever I hit 5-6k even though I have 14k free.

22 hours ago, Bahamut said:

Has anyone encountered with 64-bit KSP where water landing at any speed causes the ship to come apart? I'm using the workaround with unfixer to use FAR, KJR and other mods. I know they aren't unsupported, but would like to know if anyone could help me pinpoint if there is a specific mod causing these issues.

Thanks!

Pretty sure that's FAR causing this, and it happens on 32bit all the time too. Especially if your ship is tall and/or more than a few parts, you'll have to splash down at less than 4m/s to be on the safe side.

10 hours ago, NathanKell said:

@atomontage because maybe we had good reason for pulling it and no longer distributing it? Because maybe modders have good reason for not supporting it?

Im not offending Squad or anything. Im just asking how people do play the 64bit version. Is it smooth enough (not counting the buildings upgraded bug and disabled mods)? Do you guys have freezes or anything that makes the 64 build unplayable?

Edited by atomontage

@NathanKell You know what? I still have a question since you answered me. Is there a good reason for implementing more features and a good API for modding and not fixing the memory leak (as people think it is) that prevents us to play with high-res textures (I mean the stock config, not some hi-res texture pack) and some mods installed? Shouldn't it be the top priority?

@NathanKell No I didn't miss it. As a programmer I can imagine what you have to be through. Even refactoring can be pain in the ass. I would love to play KSP 64bit. Sure it'll allow the app to use more ram but how does this fix the memleak error? There is one isn't there? Thanks for your replies.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.