Windows 64 bit community workaround

WWEdeadman

So, I actually put up a little video showcasing the 64 bit version with heavy modding:

So, this runs without any problems and without any RAM use reduction mods, at over 6 GB RAM use at all times. Haven't had a crash, haven't had a major bug, only minor inconveniences.

Edited by WWEdeadman

So, I actually put up a little video showcasing the 64 bit version with heavy modding:

So, this runs without any problems and without any RAM use reduction mods, at over 6 GB RAM use at all times. Haven't had a crash, haven't had a major bug, only minor inconveniences.

Did you get Realism Overhaul working with it? Wondering if anyone is using Real Fuels with x64 either.

Mind listing your mods?

Edited by pditty8811

Haven't tried realism overhaul or real fuels. As for mods I had running in that video:

-Toolbar

-Better Buoyancy

-EVE (with Astronomer Visual pack interstellar V2 in highest possible quality, including all optional features, exluding city lights (just cause I don't like them))

-CollisionFX

-Cool Rockets

-Distant Object Enhancement

-FASA

-Kerbal Engineer Redux

-Universial Docking Ports

-Hot Rockets

-NovaPunch

-Outer Planets

-Planetshine

-PreciseNode

-Procedural Fairings

-Taurus HCV

-SpaceY

-Stock Bug fixes

-Take Command

-Texture Replacer

-Ven's Stock Revamp

-Wheel Sounds

I haven't tried whether everything works 100% like it should, but all of them show up and do what they're supposed to do so far.

Cities Skylines is 64bit (doesn't have 32 bit version) game made in Unity.... idk if they used Unity 5 though.

So its possible, but laptop/mac/linux users are out of luck - its less stable on these platforms.

But on Windows 7 64bit, that I have it works perfectly.

How are linux users out of luck? Cities Skylines and KSP have native 64 bit clients that run fine on it.

hey there, for me its not really working...the game starts, it appears a development build and im hanging in the loading screen...cant go to the main menu.....what did i wrong?

It seems like you didn't take the files from "Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/windowsstandalonesupport/Variations/win64_nondevelopment"

Didn't you ? ;)

hey there, for me its not really working...the game starts, it appears a development build and im hanging in the loading screen...cant go to the main menu.....what did i wrong?

Do you have any mods installed? Cause I had the game freeze on the loading screen when I tried using Kerbal Attachment System with this. Could also be some other mod conflicting. Does it always stop loading on the same file? Cause that file would be the cause of it then, I guess.

Man, I'm stuck to 32bit 'cause of FAR... and I'm crashing constantly. Is there no middle ground?

EDIT: No, there is a middle ground! Not opengL, but d3d11! This way I get TextureReplacer reflections, but no also anti-aliasing. And now I'm off topic.

Sorry.

Edited by RyanRising

hey there, im also running on ksp 64 Bit.

But i have to say that my game crashes, when i am switching between the LaunchPad and Building Center and sometimes when i am entering the space. Is there a way to fix it?

Greetings

Is anyone having a problem with Modular fuel tanks not working? I'm not sure if it works with 64bit atm. That said, it's a bit more stable for me then 32bit, though I don't get to play with realchutes =(

Checked the tanks, yeah not working in 64 bit. I'm messing with 64 bit because the mods I'm playing with puts me just over the 32 bit limit. But I like tinkering under the hood a little bit. I'd be careful though playing a serious save with the 64 bit hack. Something could go wrong that would jack up your save and no mod maker will help you. That being said, 64 bit under 1.02 does seem a lot more stable. (the community hack, not the official 64 bit which does not exist currently)

Checked the tanks, yeah not working in 64 bit. I'm messing with 64 bit because the mods I'm playing with puts me just over the 32 bit limit. But I like tinkering under the hood a little bit. I'd be careful though playing a serious save with the 64 bit hack. Something could go wrong that would jack up your save and no mod maker will help you. That being said, 64 bit under 1.02 does seem a lot more stable. (the community hack, not the official 64 bit which does not exist currently)

Ok, I wish it worked, but I can live with out it. I've already got 5 different modded games including a stock one for 1.0.2.

Anyone else getting a developer mode screen? Haven't been able to play because of it. :(

Double check the steps in the OP. It sounds like you may have used the wrong folder. A few posts back someone had the same problem.

"I keep getting this error:

"Unable to load mono library from "D:/steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_Data/Mono/mono.dll" (error = 193)".

Does anyone know how to fix this?"

Double check the steps you took copying mono.dll over to your KSP folder. Delete or move mono.dll somewhere safe like your desktop. Recopy it following the steps outlined in the OP. The hack "should" work. Most instances of it failing to work seem to be incorrectly copying the required files. However, you should view this as experimental and if it doesn't work for you just go back to 32 bit KSP. Some time this year Squad will release the Unity 5.0 version of KSP and maybe, just maybe a 64-bit version of KSP.

I keep getting this error:

"Unable to load mono library from "D:/steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_Data/Mono/mono.dll" (error = 193)".

Does anyone know how to fix this?

If you run the 64bit exe file without the 64bit dll you'll get that error *Just did it to check*, same error if you try to run the 32bit exe with the 64bit dll.

Just a heads up, I've also got a thread running over in Suggestions and Development, if anyone wants to have a look. The consensus over there so far is that x64 is actually a lot better than any prior versions, with some minor issues (which look to also have been reported here). Looks like people in this thread are also finding the current x64 player to be vastly superior, which is good to know :)

It might be a good idea for folks to check on both threads to check for any further developments. I'll certainly keep an eye out over here from now on.

Somehow, I have all my parachutes with 0 diameter, at all times. Even with only stock. What can cause that?

Edit: it was TweakableEverything bugging the calculation. OK, you really need to check every single piece...

Edited by hgfweri

Just done a 3 hours play without crash, my KSP have 70-75 mods installed. After loading to menu it use around 5.5Gb of RAM, and before I stop playing I look again and it was using around 8.4Gb of RAM. Only "problems" I have it little lag some times, loading screen can look weird and the KSC after mission report (90% of the times it's why) look full upgraded *I get around it by loading up SPH or VAB and exit back to KSC*

i Think Mechjeb is making some problems in the 64 Bit version. I tried it a few times, and every time it was mechjeb what was creating the crashes. It can not really handle with large rockets. Can anyone agree that?

i Think Mechjeb is making some problems in the 64 Bit version. I tried it a few times, and every time it was mechjeb what was creating the crashes. It can not really handle with large rockets. Can anyone agree that?

I use Mechjeb on every flight and never crashed. But then I use the latest dev build from here http://jenkins.mumech.com/job/MechJeb2/

i still get crashes when i am switching the scene to launch Pad with ships about 500 Parts.

Let me write down some more Details:

PC:

Win 8.1 84 Bit

GTX 770

i7 4770k

8 GB RAM

--------------------

KSP is running on Win 64 Bit

My gamedata mod folder contains:

000_Toolbar

000_USITools

BahaSP

BoulderCo

Chatterer

CollisionFX

CommunityResourcePack

DarkMultiPlayer

DistantObject

EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

EVAManager.dll

Firespitter

HotRockets! Particle FX Replacement

JSI

KAS

KAX

KIS

Kopernicus

KWRocketry

MagicSmokeIndustries

MechJeb2

ModRocketSys

NavyFish

NearFutureProps

OPM

OuterPlanetsMod.version

PlanetShine

QuickSearch

QuizTechAero

scatterer

ShipManifest

Squad

StationPartsExpansion

TextureReplacer

ThunderAerospace

ToadicusTools

toolbar-settings.dat

TweakableEverything

TweakScale

UmbraSpaceIndustries

UniversalStorage

ModuleAnimateEmissive

ModuleManager.2.6.2.dll

ModuleManager.2.6.3.dll

ModuleManager.ConfigCache

ModuleManager.ConfigSHA

ModuleManager.Physics

ModuleManager.TechTree

------------------------------------------------------------

Output file: https://paste.ee/p/4X9F3

It would be really great if one of you could figure it out where exactly the problem is.

Thanks

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.