Revert, Space Center, and Recover buttons don't work

Hi

I click them and they do nothing. I have to restart the game. I have tried using/building a new craft, and it still happens. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, f5/f9 doesn't work.

If you want an output log I can get you one, if you tell me where to find it.

:(

SmallFatFetus

Do you have any other applications open whilst trying to press them? Each one of those re-writes your persistent and/or quicksave files. Try closing them and see if it works.

Even if it doesn't this has also happened to me on a few occasions. It just seems to be a randomly occurring bug.

Everytime I try to access the VAB or try and back out from another building, i.e the r&d building, the red exit button in the top right in unresponsive, and the VAB does not work when you click upon it. Furthermore, if i try and exit the game in the red exit button in the bottom right, the 'Quit to the Main Menu' button does not work. This is a new save, and I did not have this problem in 0.90 or any other versions.

HELP?

Yeah, I've just had this happen to me to, which is odd because it worked fine a moment ago. The fact that you've posted this in the Unmodded support section makes me think that it wasn't my tinkering around with some of the mods I had in 0.90 in an effort to get myself mostly up and running (and to be honest, I can't see why the small bunch of mods I've just tested would cause the buttons to lock up).

The last time I saw this bug was in 0.24 or 0.25, I think. Nasty thing then, just as vicious now.

I'll try again, sans mods. Will report back.

EDIT: How bizarre. I tried it without mods, and it worked fine, so I figured I may have messed something up somewhere. Tried the mods again and it works fine. I even replaced the sun flare with one from Astronomer's Interstellar pack and it's fine.

Much weird. Very confuse.

Edited by RogueMason

I've moved this to the support forum. You can find information on how to get the log (and other things) from here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92230-%21%21%21-PLEASE-READ-BEFORE-POSTING-%21%21%21-Stock-Support-Bug-Reporting-Guide

Without the logs, we would just be guessing randomly at what might be wrong.

Cheers,

~Claw

Kerbonauts,

I would love to help figure out what is going on here, but a whole page of "me too" doesn't help clarify the issue. If it's happening this much, somone please upload a log file. The game always creates one. You can find the log file for your OS, and how to post pictures, here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92230-%21%21%21-PLEASE-READ-BEFORE-POSTING-%21%21%21-Stock-Support-Bug-Reporting-Guide

Cheers,

-Claw

Just installed and doing training - zero mods - Win 8 64bit -

If I do two trainings in a row I get this issue, can not quit, can not do anything for example in Orbiting 101 I am not in the orbiter and can not control it. In the flight basics before that the map would not show anything, no planets, no lines, no icons) only way to do anything is alt-f4 and try again.

Log if it helps: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6dsppdxqqpk95vw/output_log.txt?dl=0

Screenshot of orbiting 101 not working (notice the tutorial window has gone -very- wonky) : https://www.dropbox.com/s/o9sn09sjprnn3fc/Screenshot%202015-04-29%2010.59.00.png?dl=0

- - - Updated - - -

I should mention that in the screenshot the button is gray because I was trying to press it at the time of the screenshot.

Wait, I have the output log for the problem,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p7wivcewkey2kbj/output_log.txt?dl=0

WORK YOUR MAGIC CLAW

A magic claw would be awesome! :D

It looks like you have a variation of the crew roster freeze. Although from the looks of it, it's possible you have some mods that are incompatible with 1.0

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'ConfigNode.SetValue'.
at ScenarioModule.Save (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ProtoScenarioModule..ctor (.ScenarioModule module) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ScenarioRunner.GetUpdatedProtoModules () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Game.Updated () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GamePersistence.SaveGame (System.String saveFileName, System.String saveFolder, SaveMode saveMode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SpaceCenterMain+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

This happens several times. Since it's in the scenario module, I would first start by looking through any mods you have that modify or give scenarios (like contracts?).

Also, is this an old save? It might be an incompatibility with mods and old saves mixed in with 1.0.

Cheers,

~Claw

First, hello to the community!

I have also a problem since the update to 1.0 with the buttons and the mouse. The Game start normally without problems, but when i'am in game i can not move the camera with the mouse and no controls of the rocket (if i press "z" for full thrust, the game do nothing). But the red button for "quit to main" menu works normal There are no mods installed, also i have the game teo times re-installed.

thx

Eismarille

No need to apologize. :)

I looked through your log file, but it looks like you didn't have any problems during that play. Can you cause the bug, then upload that log file? There's no need to exit the game (if it's stuck). Just trigger the bug and close out. The log file should be there.

Also, when you are "in game" and can't move anything, what were you doing (or trying to do) right before that?

Thanks,

~Claw

i can't send you a error log file because the game do not crash! It run normally, so i can enter the buildings build rockets etc. but if i move the camera it do nothing, or when i build a rocket and stand on the pad i can't launch because no enter of the keyboard will respond. The bug is every time when i load a game (new and old) or starting new. Sry more i can't say about this mysterious bug.

So, the Game run but no respond from the Keyboard or the mouse (camera)

I have upload a short video to see what i mean

Edited by Eismarillenknödel

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.