Constant crashes in 1.0

Hello,

Looks like there has been a bombardment of error reports recently, so sorry to join the fuss. But I've been experiencing a frustrating memory issue (I think) that completely prevents me from playing the game. I've played KSP for a long time, and never had a problem like this. The last version, KSP .9 worked absolutely fine, with the graphics on high and even with visual enhancement mods installed.

After downloading KSP 1.0, it seemed to be running fine, no obvious frame-rate drops or lengthy loading times. But within 2-3 minutes of loading the game up, it crashed after I loaded a spaceplane onto the runway. I tried loading the game several more times, and it would crash at completely random points all within the first few minutes of play. Even on the main menu. Like I said, the game would be running fine beforehand, and sometimes it would even clearly continue to run behind the "oops" error message. The problem seems to get worse the more times I re-start the game. It gets to the point where it'll only load one texture on start-up before crashing. Re-booting helps a little.

Honestly, I'm not that knowledgeable when it comes to software. I tried lowering all my graphics settings. Exactly the same result. I've tried limiting the program to 1 CPU, updating my graphics drivers, enabling extended RAM support, re-installing the game, re-booting my PC, stopping other programs running, running as admin etc. But still no luck.

Here's one of the crash logs I got. Hopefully it's not too embarrassingly obvious.

Unity Player [version: Unity 4.6.4f1_99f88340878d]

mono.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)

in module mono.dll at 0023:1010d1bb.

Error occurred at 2015-04-27_205112.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP.exe, run by (me)

50% memory in use.

0 MB physical memory [4094 MB free].

0 MB paging file [0 MB free].

0 MB user address space [2945 MB free].

Read from location f8758bff caused an access violation.

Context:

EDI: 0x1fb1cee0 ESI: 0x00000000 EAX: 0xf8758bff

EBX: 0x0000066d ECX: 0xe04e311f EDX: 0x00650068

EIP: 0x1010d1bb EBP: 0x0031f310 SegCs: 0x00000023

EFlags: 0x00010286 ESP: 0x0031f304 SegSs: 0x0000002b

Bytes at CS:EIP:

39 08 0f 84 83 00 00 00 8b d0 8b 40 04 3b c6 75

Thanks.

EDIT: Well, strangely enough I just loaded the game and it worked fine. How peculiar. I made a point of not stressing the graphics too much soon after I started it, I don't know if that's why it worked this time. Anyways, I'll see if the issue persists.

Edited by zpox357

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.