New mission - FERRY a VIP

all the ferry missions ive seen involve 2-3 things, sub-orbital, orbit and certain specific coordinates to land on. i haven't tried any of them so idk what else to tell you besides check the contract details to see if you need to visit someplace else.

1) Agreed to take a mission about showing a tourist the star - $1,844

2) Reuse one of your most succesful multistage aircraft - $24,562

3) Adding a confy cockpit on top of your booster for the VIP - $2200

4) Your face after your activated the decoupler stage and you discover that the booster used was attached to one of the decoupler - PRICELESS!

Oups!

I litterally laughed for a good 5 min. I completely forgot the booster with the cockpit was attached to a decoupler :P

2015_04_28_00003.jpg

2015_04_28_00005.jpg

Edited by Elok

The new ferry contracts are similar to the MCE2 contracts, but with ACTUAL, and not simulated kerbals! Have to say they aren't particularly cost effective early on ($8k on hard mode to get a 1.5t payload across the atmosphere? Grind, anyone?) but they are a neat and welcome addition to the game imo.

I used the new 22km physics distance to my advantage on this one. I launched up 8 Mk1 inline cockpits under a Mk1 command pod to suborbit and once they got back through the minimal heating decoupled them all into separate pieces with their own parachutes. I didn't even have struts. The whole time I was thinking this will never work, but it did. Sadly I didn't screenshot it.

Passing through suborbital on your way to orbital should satisfy satisfy that contract.

It does, take it as a bonus - or replacement budget in case you failed to get your luxury barge into orbit. :wink:

I think it is extra tricky that not every tourist in a contract wants to go to the same place - "surprise, you can only complete this contract by getting Litte John to the small moon out there too!" :D

My suborbital VIP missions don't get completed. I accepted a contract which is stated like (in the Contracts "drop down" menu): "Ferry a VIP safely to his destination. - Lanberry's Travel Itinerary - Suborbital spaceflight on Kerbin".

At first I thought I must perform a suborbital flight (i.e. fly out of the atmosphere but not enter an orbit) and land and recover for the contract to complete. But then I saw this video:

where it is clear (e.g. at time 10:50) that the contract is completed right when the vessel is suborbital, before it lands.

However, my VIP ferry contract does not get completed no matter what I'm doing. I made triple sure I have the right tourist on board, I entered a suborbital flight (out of atmo, periapsis under surface), even landed safely and recovered, but the contract is unchanged. Does anyone have a clue what the issue could be? A bug in KSP 1.0.2 for Linux? Some issue with some mod (I have about 20 of them installed, some are not compatible with 1.0.2)?

I'll be glad for any hint what the cause could be.

My suborbital VIP missions don't get completed. I accepted a contract which is stated like (in the Contracts "drop down" menu): "Ferry a VIP safely to his destination. - Lanberry's Travel Itinerary - Suborbital spaceflight on Kerbin".

At first I thought I must perform a suborbital flight (i.e. fly out of the atmosphere but not enter an orbit) and land and recover for the contract to complete. But then I saw this video:

where it is clear (e.g. at time 10:50) that the contract is completed right when the vessel is suborbital, before it lands.

However, my VIP ferry contract does not get completed no matter what I'm doing. I made triple sure I have the right tourist on board, I entered a suborbital flight (out of atmo, periapsis under surface), even landed safely and recovered, but the contract is unchanged. Does anyone have a clue what the issue could be? A bug in KSP 1.0.2 for Linux? Some issue with some mod (I have about 20 of them installed, some are not compatible with 1.0.2)?

I'll be glad for any hint what the cause could be.

I think my ap was 90k. JuJust went straight up. No turn.

I tried that too, various heights, various degrees of turn, still nothing :(.

Screenie? They're dicey for me, too. Generally, if it's a multi-passenger contract, I suspect that you need to perform the service for all of them AT ONCE on the same flight for it to count (at least until you unlock docking nodes allowing you to move them around to different landers in orbit.) Do some quickload experiments and se what you can discover. Also, make sure you load your passengers through the crew tab in the VAB.

They can each have their own flights MisterFister. They do have to have all legs completed though, so if you have three VIPs each wanting suborbital flights, you either have to have three flights, or one that can carry all three for it to give credit. I built a 2.5m ferry that could hold six Kerbals (minus pilot) to complete them even faster.

I don't have a screenshot and I'm not exactly motivated to go through all of that again... And it's so simple I really think it won't clear anything...

With KSP 1.0(.2) I decided I'll start my career game from scratch, so now I still have only the Mk1 Command Pod, of which I stacked two pieces, one on top of the other (I tried various configuration of the two pods, with no luck). One I loaded with Jeb, the other with the tourist. The contract is to ferry a SINGLE tourist to suborbital flight. I even played with the tourist's and Jeb's position in the craft, trying whether the tourist needs to be in the root pod or in the other... still no luck. No matter what I do the contract does not get completed. I even deleted all the mods that are incompatible with 1.0.2 so I should have a perfectly working game, but that's clearly not the case. Maybe I'll remove ALL the mods just to make sure, but I suspect it won't change anything...

Interesting fact is that I have a similar problem with another contract - Return from orbit. I put a vessel into orbit, than deorbited and landed safely, but the contract was untouched. But other contracts work - speed/distance/altitude records worked fine, the pre-Return from orbit contracts (escape the atmosphere, launch the first ship...) were fine too, parts testing contracts work like a charm...

I was lucky enough to get 2 tourist contracts exactly the same. Both wanted sub orbital and orbital flights. I used a probe with 2x mk1 capsules underneath. Put the two tourists in. Got my apo to about 75k, the first half of both contracts completed. I then got my peri up and as soon as it was over 70k the other half of the of the contracts completed and I got the cash! I landed the cockpit and recovered the vessel. It was nice that I could run both of the contracts in one launch but it would still have made money if I only had one.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.