The K-15 [Stock 1.0]

It had to be done. With the addition of the new intakes and the new air brakes that both look surprisingly familiar, the ability to make flaps, and the fact that it is my favorite aircraft that I have even been blessed to have worked on IRL, I made an F.. um i mean K-15.

http://s1075.photobucket.com/albums/w424/wolfedg/2015-04-28_00006.jpg

http://s1075.photobucket.com/albums/w424/wolfedg/2015-04-28_00007.jpg

http://s1075.photobucket.com/albums/w424/wolfedg/2015-04-28_00010.jpg

Its not a perfect replica and I had some debate over which mk-1 cockpit to use which ended up being the one I thought looked best, but it does fly and it flies well.

EDIT: Design updated(Final Version)

2015-04-29_00002.jpg

2015-04-29_00006.jpg

2015-04-29_00001.jpg

Download (Be sure to assign the flaps to your action group of choice and remove any axis from them.)

EDIT 2: Update (See it in action!) Very special thanks to DevildogGamer and props +

Edited by wolfedg
Video found

wrong copit

Did you read the last sentence of my post? The new mk-1 inline just looks silly.

EDIT: Due to Dman979's awesome suggestion for the cockpit I made it work.

Edited by wolfedg

Nice job! Could use some aesthetic tweaks, but I like it. +Rep!

Comments:

Cockpit- try using the Mk 1-2 cockpit in tandem: one facing forwards, one facing back. It'll also allow you to make a slightly better nosecone.

Intakes- The top of the intakes is about even with the middle of the cockpit.

Wings- Missing the curve at the back, but it's really really hard to do. Also, there are strakes between the intakes and the main wing.

Engines- Should be a little closer together. In the drawings I've seen they are slightly angled towards each other.

The above criticism was meant to be constructive and was in no was in no way a comment upon your plane-building skills. Sorry in advance if I was too blunt.

Nice job! Could use some aesthetic tweaks, but I like it. +Rep!

Comments:

Cockpit- try using the Mk 1-2 cockpit in tandem: one facing forwards, one facing back. It'll also allow you to make a slightly better nosecone.

Intakes- The top of the intakes is about even with the middle of the cockpit.

Wings- Missing the curve at the back, but it's really really hard to do. Also, there are strakes between the intakes and the main wing.

Engines- Should be a little closer together. In the drawings I've seen they are slightly angled towards each other.

The above criticism was meant to be constructive and was in no was in no way a comment upon your plane-building skills. Sorry in advance if I was too blunt.

Thanks :) It is somewhat a work in progress. I was struggling with the engines the spacing makes it look closer to an F-14 but not a big deal to me. Another problem is that the center fuselage on the F-15 is more oval shaped and the sides down from the intakes are flat (unless it has conformal fuel tanks like the E model). There really is only so much you can do with stock parts, but I personally like the way it turned out, and its flight performance is the best of any of my aircraft after the update to aero. Very easy to fly and land.

Thanks :) It is somewhat a work in progress. I was struggling with the engines the spacing makes it look closer to an F-14 but not a big deal to me. Another problem is that the center fuselage on the F-15 is more oval shaped and the sides down from the intakes are flat (unless it has conformal fuel tanks like the E model). There really is only so much you can do with stock parts, but I personally like the way it turned out, and its flight performance is the best of any of my aircraft after the update to aero. Very easy to fly and land.

So say it has CFTs! :P

No problem!

Ok.

The cockpit looks perfect- can't get much better than that! As a bonus, you get a pilot and a WSO!

The nosecone should be angled downwards.

The intakes should be moved forwards.

Personal preference- I'd offset the gears a bit into the fuselage.

Vertical stabilizers are to the outside of the engines, not the center.

The wings are the hardest part here:

I would use at least 3 parts for the wings, they are broken up into 3 shapes. Here is a helpful (simplified) link to the wing shape, and this is the full drawing.

Bump for final update

- - - Updated - - -

No problem!

Ok.

The cockpit looks perfect- can't get much better than that! As a bonus, you get a pilot and a WSO!

The nosecone should be angled downwards.

The intakes should be moved forwards.

Personal preference- I'd offset the gears a bit into the fuselage.

Vertical stabilizers are to the outside of the engines, not the center.

The wings are the hardest part here:

I would use at least 3 parts for the wings, they are broken up into 3 shapes. Here is a helpful (simplified) link to the wing shape, and this is the full drawing.

I updated what I could. I had to change the nose back because it was messing with the aerodynamics. The wing project was turning into a horribad clippy mess so i just stuck with what i had. If you want to work on it just pm me and I can E-mail the craft to you. That goes for anyone else that wants to work on it as well and you can share your changes in this thread.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.