Delta-V to LKO?

I was wondering if anyone has a reasonable estimate of the delta-v needed to get to LKO now the new aerodynamics model is in place.

It cost me around 3700m/s to get to an 80km orbit (there may be some VAB rounding errors for mass/mistakes in assumptions about variable Isp etc.) my ascent seemed fairly efficient, although I hadn't got quite as much horizontal velocity as I would have liked during my gravity turn.

Is that roughly what everyone is getting or am I wasting fuel?

Right around that much too. What's your profile? I do 90 to around 300 meters, 80 to about 4000, then by around 12k I'm at 45. Once apoapsis passes 60k I pitch to 0 degrees, right around 25k altitude.

My ascent was probably a little bit steeper than that, I probably got to about 60 degrees by 10km and I only managed to get to about 20 degrees by the time my apoapsis reached 80km.

I'm sure that it can be done a bit better, maybe a few hundred m/s could be saved.

I just put up a rocket that had 3231 m/s DV total split between two stages (center stack + a pair of boosters). The first stage TWR was 1.57 at launch, the second stage TWR was 1.88 (the "Mammoth" engine has huge thrust now). I obtained a 80 x 80 km orbit with 94 m/s DV to spare.

So, just an example.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.