We're working on 1.0.1

KasperVld

fixing the bug preventing the engines to ignite while 'stowed' inside fairings / cargo bays would be useful too :) (especially if the fairings are 'open ended' - engines thrust should have no problem from firing through it:p)

Please, consider adding the radiators :) Amount of complaints about parts overheating should be an indicator that heat management without dedicated parts is really difficult. And spamming stock part as a temporary solution increases part count nightmarishly - players with weaker rigs are in bad place because of it.

Yeah, I'm surprised that you guys didn't add a dedicated part whose sole function is to be a heatsink/radiator.

Not to mention that there isn't any easy way to tell how well a part conducts and/or radiates heat without trial and error and looking at the debug heating overlay.

Also, RoverDude, I've found out that your big nuke engines get HOT, over 3,000 K. I'll post in one of your threads since it'll be more relevant there.

I've noticed that splashdown effects lag the crud out of me sometimes, more often when a part is actually destroyed. The same goes to exploding parts at high mach levels in the atmosphere due to overheating.

Just some pointers, if no one has reported them already.

"CHOO CHOO!!"

"All aboard the hype train!"

Except it's almost certainly entirely bugfixes, which, while nice, aren't really the sort of things people get super hyped about, sadly.

I am Hyped for bugfixes.

Please, consider adding the radiators :) Amount of complaints about parts overheating should be an indicator that heat management without dedicated parts is really difficult. And spamming stock part as a temporary solution increases part count nightmarishly - players with weaker rigs are in bad place because of it.

... and even active cooling! It would be interesting to have a resource you can expend to dump heat quickly.

I found a small bug, in which I boosted Jeb into a very high (1.8 million meter Ap) suborbital flight. When he was more than 300Km high, I did a warp, and warped so high that he went right through the planet and out the other side before the warp slowdown occurred, so that he wasn't killed. When I slowed down the warp, he (properly) exploded upon hitting the planet.

This worked properly with Kerbal Alarm Clock on 0.90

That issue has been around for a very long time in un-modded versions of the game.

I'm working on updating KHI (See signature) but something is preventing attach nodes from, well, attaching. It only happens when modded parts are involved. I can't understand what is the cause, as the attach nodes themselves are showing up fine.

I'm working on updating KHI (See signature) but something is preventing attach nodes from, well, attaching. It only happens when modded parts are involved. I can't understand what is the cause, as the attach nodes themselves are showing up fine.

Seeng this too with a lot of modded and custom parts. Something has been changed regarding nodes and I'm surprised there hasn't been more mention of it by parts modders. I suspect it's something like node integration or support of multiple colliders being dropped. Hopefully modders will get some more info on this issue.

Seeng this too with a lot of modded and custom parts. Something has been changed regarding nodes and I'm surprised there hasn't been more mention of it by parts modders. I suspect it's something like node integration or support of multiple colliders being dropped. Hopefully modders will get some more info on this issue.

I think I've found it. The fifth digit in the bottom node definition has changed signs. It might be fourth, fifth and sixth digits though, since all the parts I looked at the others were zero. Can someone please confirm?

You actually have to set which way a node attaches now.

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.4050379, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 1

node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.6423756, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0

Its the 5th number

Nodes are now strict regarding connection orientation, so if the vector/direction setup is wrong then parts won't attach because the game thinks they should attaching in the opposite direction.

You can open the ALT+F12 menu and turn on the option to ignore connection orientation and they'll probably start working as you remember, but the part configs will need fixing now that this is the case.

Suggestion for 1.0.1: make Mod+Double LMB click reset FOV slider to default.

The FOV changes are amazing and make for some awesome screenshots, but AFAICT, there's currently no way to rest the FOV to normal. Also, a Mk16 chute on top of a Mk1 pod does not obstruct the hatch, despite what the Engineers report says...

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

Has anyone else noticed that sending a Kerbal on EVA causes an inexplicable "explosion" noise?

I look forward to seeing what the patch is.

Not to mention the unnecessary camera wobble when you go EVA.

Will it fix the re-entry heat capsule flipping glitch?

One weird way to remedy that is to edit the config file for the heat shields. Just make them heavier and it'll help keep the bottom of the capsule facing down.