We're working on 1.0.1

KasperVld

I don't know whether or not this has been mentioned already, but the lights on the new landing gear do not work (and yes, there are lights clearly visible on the new landing gear models). Also, while this isn't necessarily a bug, the new landing gear cannot steer at all, which is a pretty bad oversight in my opinion. In addition, I agree with those who have pointed out the need for dedicated cooling solutions for engines, and also those who pointed out the need for a reentry heat warning system.

Any idea which are "bugs" and which are deliberate "features" of 1.0?

I see plenty of things that I would consider bugs (heatshield masses) but others are so obvious that I could equally surmise they were deliberate (fairing masses).

did you remember guys?

http://www.pcgamer.com/kerbal-space-program-committed-to-multiplayer-career-and-sandbox-modes/?ns_campaign=article-feed&ns_mchannel=ref&ns_source=steam&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

Kerbal Space Program committed to multiplayer career and sandbox modes

Ian Birnbaum

Dec 12, 2013

The finished release of Kerbal Space Program will include official multiplayer modes, according to developer Squad. How exactly a multiplayer mode will work mechanically is undecided, but Squad says it's committed to building beyond the current singleplayer model.

“Multiplayer is something we had planned to do after it was all said and done, but it's time for us to start looking at it now,†developer Felipe Falanghe said at a team meeting in Mexico City today. Squad envisions four discrete game modes: the classic sandbox, the newly launched career mode, and multiplayer versions of both sandbox and career mode.

As Squad continues to work toward a scope-complete build of Kerbal Space Program, it will also begin placing the basic requirements for a multiplayer server architecture. A multiplayer mod built by the KSP community recently entered an early alpha build, and Squad credits modders with providing a solid proof-of-concept.

“Shaun [Esau, the developer of the multiplayer mod] has proven that multiplayer can be done, so Squad is committed to making multiplayer a part of the final release,†Squad PR manager Bob Holtzman said.

There is some unessary culling going on graphically with the MK16 parachute, the area's between the parachute lines cause everything behind them to be invisible like their UV's are set backwards and the sections between each line are getting culled, additionally if you get your camera inside the deployed parachute everything except the lines running from the hub to the canopy are invisible.

The problem is not evident with the mk2-R radial parachute

You guys probably want to look into the cause of launch clamps somehow being brought up into orbit with your ship. I just had two launch clamps get brought up with me for some reason.

@mods: I asked you to merge the second one. :P

Anyways, I think it might have something to do with placing launch clamps on engines.

Edited by smjjames

I would just like to say thank you to Squad for both the awesome release and the fast response to the issues that have popped up. I have seen many games have much tougher releases than this. Good work all.

Hope you fix the parachute not burning in reentry and stopping from 2500m/s to 300m/s in 1 second.

Actually, the semideployed status has too much drag. Every time I stage a chute I get ~ 20g and speed goes down to ~30m/s

Here's something to put on the list of fixes:

I actually really dislike the way this works. Hiring your first kerbal costs four times as much as an orbit-capable rocket and the price increases exponentially from there. Your 20th kerbal costs more than you get from completing the "explore Duna" contract, for Christ's sake... some of us like to keep our space stations and bases populated.

Actually, picking up kerbals along the way for your bases and stations and then terminating the contract to rescue them is probably cheaper then just hiring them outright.

Hmm. That is what I would call a problem, yes. Maybe they accidentally a number there? Maybe it was intentional, to represent how much life support you need to keep a Kerbal alive in space compared to a simple probe?

Still though, I would say that Kerbal Hiring needs a buff (or a nerf? I'm not sure what means what here). Point is, it needs a lower cost.

(Bold letters added in by me to highlight the important parts)

Hope you fix the parachute not burning in reentry and stopping from 2500m/s to 300m/s in 1 second.

Actually, the semideployed status has too much drag. Every time I stage a chute I get ~ 20g and speed goes down to ~30m/s

Lost jeb this way. He got slammed by a high velocity tank after aborting.

I have to say that I am a bit disappointed. Over 2 years of playing KSP early access with no bugs that make the game unplayable. Then 1.0 releases and my space physics break entirely. Pods flip 180 on re-entry and spin wildly in space with no input or explanation at all stock. The sad fact for me is that early access was playable. 1.0 release is completely unplayable. Very disappointed. A place I never expected to find myself with KSP.

All my non-starting Kerbals are rescued, which usually gives you money, since the rocket costs less, than the reward. Since you need to EVA out with the new kerbal he/she will get enough XP to get the first Star plus some extra XP after recovery. At the moment I see no point in hiring Kerbals from the Astronaut Complex.

If it hasn't been mentioned before: The cursor doesn't seem to play nice with the GUI. For example, when pointing in the VAB over the top right buttons, the tip of the cursor doesn't seem to point exactly over the buttons. Move the cursor over the yellow load button's right side (next to the save button) and it will highlight the save button while still hovering above the load button. At least in 1920 x 1080 in the Windows build v1.0.0.830. From time to time I accidentally hit the save button and make an unwanted save. I know this are only some pixels and it is not important but it's still annoying. I would appreciate if you could fix it.

1.0 release is completely unplayable.

talk about exaggeration.

I guess the 10 hours i've managed to play in between classes were not really playing, i was just having fun because of magic then.

- - - Updated - - -

Squad has said they're working on multiplayer and they'll add it later. This isn't the final release.

Yep, adding after career was done.

Idk if this release means that career is done, it certainly pushes MP much closer.

Don't know if mentioned before, but temperature logs behave oddly in space, air and water.... Using C as units instead of K would help a lot too.

Managed a 44g descent on a rescue mission. I now have Kerbal soup, (well, should have).

1.0 release is completely unplayable.
I managed to orbit a very large probe in a couple of trials with the new fairing systems, your argument is invalid.

CDuK0CwWEAAlNx-.jpg:large

Don't know if mentioned before, but temperature logs behave oddly in space, air and water.... Using C as units instead of K would help a lot too.

There's no sukh letter in the Kerbal alphabet. You're probably mistaking degrees Kelkius for Kelvin ;)

It's no exaggeration when everything you send to space spins on it's yaw axis out of control and if you do manage to get past that you will always die on re-entry because of the pod flip bug. So you tell me how to a play a game about space flight when all of your space flight physics are bugged, Poofer. If you think that's playable then be my guest. I consider that broken entirely. Can't complete space missions to gain science to advance. That's the very definition of broken and unplayable.