We're working on 1.0.1

KasperVld

Hello everyone!

Just a very short announcement that we're both very happy with the overwhelmingly positive reaction to KSP 1.0 so far, and that we're also working on a 1.0.1 patch. More information as it becomes available.

So, where's the hypetrain?

"CHOO CHOO!!"

"All aboard the hype train!"

Except it's almost certainly entirely bugfixes, which, while nice, aren't really the sort of things people get super hyped about, sadly.

1.0 is great, you all did great work there! I've got some bug reports though:

The new Medium and Large Landing Gear wheels are not rotating, it's no problem to land or launch wigh them but it looks odd when they don't spin

In the MK3 Cockpit IVA, on the middle console between the two front windows, the navball is rotated by 180º, meaning that the ground on it is pointing upward and the sky downwards, which is a little confusing

The engines seems to glow all the time after ignition, even ehen fuel ran out, that's a little strange

After downloading 1.0, I had no Medium Landing Gear, others were missing the smallest docking port, so some parts were not available in the editor. A game restart helped, that was a little strange

After restarting PC, the settings for Joystick axis and the graphic settings for KSP window size and the fullscreen are resetted, meaning thatyou completely have to remap your Joystick after PC restart

Windows 7, 64bit

I hopre those bugs get fixed, and I am looking forward to 1.0.1 :)

How close were we to crashing the forum with the 1.0 hypetrain?
Posts in this part of the forum are moderated, please refrain from attempting to start the Hype Train as its speed will be very limited and the moderators may go on strike. :)

Lol. Really though, one hypetrain is enough, I don't see any reason to start up one for a bugfix.

Looking forward to the Devnote Tuesday (or whatever you're calling it now) later today.

Are you guys going to say anything about how come the aero and thermal overlays are in the debug menu? Though it's kind of obvious it needs some work.

Except it's almost certainly entirely bugfixes, which, while nice, aren't really the sort of things people get super hyped about, sadly.

I'd be glad if they spent one update or two solely on ironing out all the small things. There's a lot of great stuff in the game that suffers from some kind of malady. Like, as cool as the new chutes are, you can currently only deploy them at 300m (too early for impatient folks like me) or at 50m (too late with the new chutes). The same cause prevents you from setting an engine to 95-99.5% thrust. Technically speaking, the tweakables have dead zones.

Or tourists! I love me tourists. I'd love them more if it wasn't such a headache to figure out who needs to board a particular vessel. I'm actually making notes, like, on paper! In this year of our lord two thousand and fifteen, that should no longer be necessary.

The first should be quite easy to fix; the latter would require a major UI overhaul. Basically, what I'm trying to get at: many things in the game are -technically- possible, but more twiddly/clumsy/difficult to do than is necessary. If Squad promised to lift these to a level of "just do it", I'd be quite hyped.

The engines seems to glow all the time after ignition, even ehen fuel ran out, that's a little strange

That isn't a bug, that's blackbody radiation from the remaining heat of the part. What is a bug is that engines still make noise after landing or crashing on occasion.

Will it fix the re-entry heat capsule flipping glitch?

Yes, RoverDude said he fixed the bug and will release it in the next patch. (1.0.1)

I'm also expecting contract fixes based on the number of contract bugs reported

Woohoo! Hopefully 1.0.1 will be out by when I get back from visiting my grandparents.

.24 came out on July 17th, and .24.1 was on the following 24th. Lets hope for a similar timeframe.

No pre-release screening will be perfect, I'm glad to hear this is happening.

Please, consider adding the radiators :) Amount of complaints about parts overheating should be an indicator that heat management without dedicated parts is really difficult. And spamming stock part as a temporary solution increases part count nightmarishly - players with weaker rigs are in bad place because of it.

I found a small bug, in which I boosted Jeb into a very high (1.8 million meter Ap) suborbital flight. When he was more than 300Km high, I did a warp, and warped so high that he went right through the planet and out the other side before the warp slowdown occurred, so that he wasn't killed. When I slowed down the warp, he (properly) exploded upon hitting the planet.

This worked properly with Kerbal Alarm Clock on 0.90