That New Mouse Cursor Tho

Penguinhero

I really hate it, I find it fat, ugly and distracting. I really want an option to turn it off.

I agree. I'm so used to the regular mouse, and really don't like anything that isn't stock.

I want an option too. I guess it's in the game files.

Guys, look up "reactionary" in the dictionary~

It's shaped like a triangle, the hotspot is in the right place, and it's not any LESS visible than the badly designed winfail pointer (which was shamelessly ripped off of that PARC machine).

There are much more serious issues to deal with, like map icons still being bugged or the radial attachment being wonky sometimes.

So? It's a 2 second add.

Uh, no, replacing a single constant for them is 4.5 years*. Three lines of code - same thing. Making that an option in the GUI would take dozens of lines of code to implement.. soo.... 15 years? 20? Bugfixing is more important. For instance, I'd like my map icons to work without having to pull up the navball, and for things to OBEY the radial symmetry root mode rather than randomly radial-ifying around the current part. Maybe we can have the map icons working in time for my retirement.

* - they may not have done this yet in fact. I haven't tested yet.

Uh, no, replacing a single constant for them is 4.5 years*. Three lines of code - same thing. Making that an option in the GUI would take dozens of lines of code to implement.. soo.... 15 years? 20? Bugfixing is more important. For instance, I'd like my map icons to work without having to pull up the navball, and for things to OBEY the radial symmetry root mode rather than randomly radial-ifying around the current part. Maybe we can have the map icons working in time for my retirement.

* - they may not have done this yet in fact. I haven't tested yet.

Do you ever get tired of intentionally misrepresenting windows or bashing microsoft for asinine reasons?

Your second response can be summed up as "this feature sucks because squad didn't add what I wanted, and what I want matters more"

Jesus, I don't think I've ever seen a more... divided community when it comes to KSP.

"It's amazing and so clean. I want to make it my default mouse and look at it 24/7"

"It's horrible and so ugly. I want it to die, painfully, in a fire, caused by burning lemons"

Personally, I like it, but is it really this important, guys? :wink:

you may have just started a debate as controversial as "How many spaces go after a period?"

Do you ever get tired of intentionally misrepresenting windows or bashing microsoft for asinine reasons?

Good job quoting the wrong post, by the way.

Do you deny it was basically a copy of the Xerox Alto system's pointer, developed at PARC? (Note that I care less if it was copied directly, or indirectly from Apple's own copy. Ripping off a rip-off would still be a rip-off). Do you deny that it has a relatively poor visibility in almost all modern applications (ever notice how white is the common background)?

Disclaimer: I am a Microsoft Certified System Engineer and a member of the MVP program and thus everything I say has to be taken as having a slightly pro-Microsoft slant.

Your second response can be summed up as "this feature sucks because squad didn't add what I wanted, and what I want matters more"

So you think turning off the custom mouse cursor is more important than fixing long-standing bugs? Do you not get annoyed when your fuel lines end up attached to the left booster only, because it goes into some sort of part-local symmetry even though it's currently set for ship/global mode? That damn bug has been in the game since AT LEAST 0.22!

If the custom cursor bothers you so much, just override it.

(Apologies to the cursor/pointer fellow; I started on the command line over thirty three years ago and the terminology is kinda stuck ;) )

Edited by Renegrade

you may have just started a debate as controversial as "How many spaces go after a period?"

One. One space. Why would anybody think otherwise? Dang no-space two-space fascist pigs.

Also, tabs are five spaces. Five. That's one less character in a line each paragraph, and will make your paper look that much bigger if a word gets sent to the next line because of it.

Look guys, tabs should be exactly four spaces long, and anyone who disagree
Tabs should not be 4 spaces.
Also, tabs are five spaces.

And this is why I don't bother with tabs and just uses spaces in the first place.

Do you deny it was basically a copy of the Xerox Alto system's pointer, developed at PARC? (Note that I care less if it was copied directly, or indirectly from Apple's own copy. Ripping off a rip-off would still be a rip-off).

Do you deny that software can develop along side each and arrive at similar conclusions with no interaction what so ever? Or that "ripping off" UI elements is present across Windows, OS X, and various linux distros? It's a statement intended purely to push hate, nothing more.

Do you deny that it has a relatively poor visibility in almost all modern applications (ever notice how white is the common background)?

So, on a dark background, the black mouse has to either use a white border or do some nasty colour changes; white border easily causes the same "problem" as before (and for an example of a dark background? Why not kerbalspaceprogram.com?) colour changing mouse simply draws more attention to the mouse than it needs.

Disclaimer: I am a Microsoft Certified System Engineer and a member of the MVP program and thus everything I say has to be taken as having a slightly pro-Microsoft slant.

Since when have you been pro-microsoft? All you do is complain about them and use typical FUD to drive people away from them.

So you think turning off the custom mouse cursor is more important than fixing long-standing bugs? Do you not get annoyed when your fuel lines end up attached to the left booster only, because it goes into some sort of part-local symmetry even though it's currently set for ship/global mode? That damn bug has been in the game since AT LEAST 0.22!

If the custom cursor bothers you so much, just override it.

(Apologies to the cursor/pointer fellow; I started on the command line over thirty three years ago and the terminology is kinda stuck ;) )

Again, you're not saying why it is a bad feature, only saying "Not as important as what I want, thus it is bad"

Well... I think that the game needs life support. The game not having life support is more important than the minor bugs, any bug fixes are thus stupid and squad should just focus on life support.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.