That New Mouse Cursor Tho

Penguinhero

I've seen this posted elsewhere and I respond with something like... Nothing wrong with making it an option somewhere. Imagine how KSP would be with no options... ;)

Anyway....

I didn't actually notice the new moving-user-interface-object-on-the-screen-that-moves-with-a-hardware-interface-device until I seen the Danny video. Umm, yea. Danny wants his system cursor back! Me? I dont really care but I see nothing wrong with "disable built in moving-user-interface-object-on-the-screen-that-moves-with-a-hardware-interface-device" option.

Nah, it's just completely inconcievable for me how a neutral mouse cursor can bother someone so much.^^

I like it. The feedback on holding a button down is very nice when rotating camera views.

It would be nice to be able to scale it up/down in size (along with the rest of the UI elements in the game - I can't play on my TV from my couch because of the tiny text).

I think a toggle for using the OS default pointer is important for some non-aesthetic/non-arbitrary reasons. Players using windowed mode, or who tab out to other windows may find it easier to keep track of the mouse if it is not changing from one screen to the next. Allowing OS pointers may be helpful to users with certain disabilities, since there are high-visibility pointer styles they may use.

TL/DR - Pointer is great, but more UI improvements could be made all-around.

I like it a lot. Have you noticed that when you left click, it turns green, but when you right click, it turns brown? I really appreciate it. It's one of those tiny features that makes the game feel more complete.

I am colourblind, so no I didn't. I actually noticed the change, but couldn't really distinguish what colours they were. :D

I'm with Aerindel. I don't have one of those 16384x8192 displays that are all the rage among hardcore gamers, so that cursor ends up being about twice as big as the one I use for Windows. And the one I use for Windows is one I made myself and would like to be able to keep when playing KSP.

I'm with Aerindel. I don't have one of those 16384x8192 displays that are all the rage among hardcore gamers, so that cursor ends up being about twice as big as the one I use for Windows. And the one I use for Windows is one I made myself and would like to be able to keep when playing KSP.

16384x8192 is just entry level, scrublord stuff, I'm running 262,144x16,384. Also you need to max out the horizontal - the world is actually just a 1d line, and the ideal monitor size would be +inf x 1.

;)

On a serious note - I actually like the size on a 1080p display. I'm looking to upgrade past 60hz (I've been looking to do this since the age of LCDs began, my old CRT could do 120hz at lower resolutions and 85 at full resolution), and it unfortunately means I might have to use some higher-res panel, and will thus require the cursor to be bigger (unless the panel is sufficiently large enough such that pixel size is the same as before).

I am colourblind, so no I didn't. I actually noticed the change, but couldn't really distinguish what colours they were. :D

Sorry to stray off topic, but I just read an article earlier today about a company that is now marketing a pair of glasses that help people with certain types of color blindness see a greater range of color. The glasses use spectral notch filters to selectively block the red/green overlap region, which is where many color blind people have difficulties. Pretty cool concept, though the glasses were a bit pricey. I believe the company was called EnChroma.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.