1.0 is actually a great update!

RocketPilot573

This update has added so many features. I have noticed that many people have been a bit critical on several features. Fairing confetti? Be glad we have fairings at all, and I believe Squad has already mentioned they will be improved. No Aero Graph or delta-V? Was said in the AMA that they will both be added in the future, and if I remember correctly Delta-V readouts were not even originally planned to exist! Also on rockets flipping out of control, maybe try and turn them more smoothly, and remember that huge fairings on the top can be bad! These features may seem to have broken things (such as SSTOs), but the truth is that we need to learn to adjust to the new mechanics. Of course it may seem difficult, but only because we have had the broken "aerodynamics" for so long. Rocket science is not just about having enough fuel and thrust, you need an aerodynamically stable rocket.

This is just a friendly reminder to not be upset with the devs and enjoy this wonderful update.:)

I think most of us bringing up problems agree that this is a great update. It's just that there are still issues which need to be addressed, and there's no easy way to let the developers know that without coming off as complaining or being condescending. While there are a handful who are knowingly being offensive about these issues, most of us are just trying to be helpful.

Yes. Obviously we like KSP, but there are some serious problems that need to be fixed, and some very questionable design choices. Aerodynamic stability is a cakewalk, its even easier now that it was before, but the SAS overcompensation and the broken re-entry system are real issues, not just challenges to be overcome. We could all post a million identical posts saying "Yay, We love you KSP" but that would be pointless.

I really dislike this update and I'm willing to be vocal about it..... Everything good about the game was changed/broke.... there are so many bugs, two new (very large) changes that didn't get implimented right and have no place in a "full game" update.... Is anyone else thinking SQUAD is rushing to finish KSP because they're going to lose funding? Cause it feels like they really messed up on this update....

I really dislike this update and I'm willing to be vocal about it..... Everything good about the game was changed/broke.... there are so many bugs, two new (very large) changes that didn't get implimented right and have no place in a "full game" update.... Is anyone else thinking SQUAD is rushing to finish KSP because they're going to lose funding? Cause it feels like they really messed up on this update....

What did they change that was good before?

I agree it did seem rather rushed. The game is awesome but it lacks any polish. (Not nationality)

What did they change that was good before?

I agree it did seem rather rushed. The game is awesome but it lacks any polish. (Not nationality)

It's a new game - KSP 2.0 - Not the KSP we all know and love. Simple as that.

While I agree they showed miserable insight and lack of wisdom in not rolling a series of beta releases and have made HUGE strategic mistakes with this, that doesn't make it a bad update objectively.

If you separate out the political-cash-business aspect of it, and look at it as just an update, it's probably 70% good, 30% bad, and on a much larger scale than ever before, so that's pretty good overall.

(if the reviewers destroy them (except IGN) because this is really just 0.27 KSP, that doesn't make it a BAD 0.27 - it was just wrong to call it '1.0' and 'not an alpha/early access')

I really like this update. Complete reworks of a game tend to make people angry (especially those who have been playing for more than a year). I personally am adapting pretty quickly, and this new challenge has grabbed my interest again as a player. I could care less what the number is at the end of the game, it's a good game and bugs will be fixed and new stuff will be added.

Edited by SelectHalfling0

I really like this update. Complete reworks of a game tend to make people angry (especially those who have been playing for more than a year). I personally am adapting pretty quickly, and this new challenge has grabbed my interest again as a player. I could care less what the number is at the end of the game, it's a good game and bugs will be fixed and new stuff will be added.

This is what I was getting at, you're all upset because things changed, but it's for the better.

I really am enjoying this update, the new aerodynamics is cool and I love how the rocket engines thrust works now. There are a few things that need fixing though, heat radiators should be added for example. For any one having an issue with the rockets flipping over thing I suggest turning off all the gimbals on your outer engines and turning the angle down on your center one.

These features may seem to have broken things (such as SSTOs), but the truth is that we need to learn to adjust to the new mechanics. Of course it may seem difficult, but only because we have had the broken "aerodynamics" for so long.

tell that to my new HK-103 "Tri-Fighter V", SSTO to laythe and back!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

These pics are outdated, but i managed a version that has ENOUGH dV to make it to laythe and back home IN ONE PIECE!

After i make an officially documented flight, i believe ill be the 1st one to make laythe and back in a 100% stock SSTO (even if it abuses 300 massless batteries+27 xenon tanks+15 ion engines all crammed into a SINGLE 1.25 service bay).

Its a great update....

SSTOs are working fine:

This one has a >46 ton to LKO capacity:

11205152_10103548408288173_5405657931943816741_n.jpg?oh=671e5c9de0015e93937d253eb139b57c&oe=55E14F5D&__gda__=1440838886_34aea1d9d7230c416499035265a71b60

I'm working on a 100 ton to orbit design where the payload will go in a 3.75m base aeroshell.

I was never into making the SST-wherever and back designs.

I just wanted single stage to LKO, because my SSTOs don't eave LKO*

I can still do that and lift large payloads... not broken

* Well, my Laythe spaceplane landers are also capable of SSTO from Kerbin - its where I test them, so I have them self launch at kerbin, and then refuel them and send them to Laythe, where I have a fuel depot in orbit thanks to the 100+ ton payload to orbit cargo SSTOs.

That will change now that those Laythe fuel depots will be supplied by ISRU.

It's a new game - KSP 2.0 - Not the KSP we all know and love. Simple as that.
I'd argue that only now is it the KSP we all know and love; all the versions before this one were suspect. I'm actually playing stock for once, it's a pretty great update.

To me updating to a new version was always fun, but I'd always anticipated getting mods back as soon as I had started to use them. This is probably the first version in a long time were I'm perfectly satisfied without having mods (aside from KerbEngineer's DV calc/flight huds). Not that I'd stop using mods, that'd be crazy.

However, that's why this version IMO deserves the 1.0. Yeah it's a bit bugged, there are some rough edges, other things need better implementations, but until now nothing actually bothered me after a few hours of play, so I'm relatively content with the games state as well and can't even mention a single superimportant fix. Maybe there are also a lot of balance talks to be had, but where aren't? The balancing created fun gameplay and some new challenges to me, which is also a good indicator things are moving into the right direction.

I'd just like to point out that this game has been in a constant state of change during its entire development. I first started playing at 0.13.2 and since then, there have been many new challenges that arise due to the increasing complexity of the game. I felt some distress when they added a moon that wasn't *gasp!* in an equatorial orbit around Kerbin (Minmus.) I worried when they added the need for oxidizer, or electricity... etc. After playing 1.0 for a few hours, I've realized I just need to re-think a lot of my old tried-and-true methods for building a spacecraft. I honestly think this is a great update.

1.0 is a great update. They've fixed so many little annoyances that have been causing frustration for years besides introducing an incredible amount of content. Resource exploitation even, which had long been thought dead and buried. Sure, not everything works quite right just yet but that'll be fixed soon. Sure, there's a lot to learn and re-learn for everybody, and most ongoing games are once again trashed by the major changes in fundamental areas. But the former means reawakened interest in new challenges and the latter is (or will try hard to be) a thing of the past now that KSP the shiny 1.0 label.

Be thankful for what you've got here. It's a great game and it's made it through the minefield of early access that has claimed so many victims.

It's a huge improvement over .90, no doubt. What updates have been made I really have been enjoying. Squad deserves heaps of credit for the continuous improvement they've been pouring into this game.

Of course, there are still some glaring issues that should be fixed. Career mode progression being one of them, the overpowered parachutes, and the flippy heatshields that were mistakenly made massless. But would I go back to .90? Heck no! I'll take 1.0 over any of the previous versions any day of the week!

I think most of us bringing up problems agree that this is a great update. It's just that there are still issues which need to be addressed, and there's no easy way to let the developers know that without coming off as complaining or being condescending. While there are a handful who are knowingly being offensive about these issues, most of us are just trying to be helpful.

That's the reality.

I also agree it's a great update. For the first time in months, I'm really excited to play. And I'm playing a completely unmodded stock career game and enjoying it! Yes, some things need fixing, but even so, the thrill is back, for me at least.

I don't think anyone is arguing that this is a great update. There are so many new features on offer; so many new dimensions to gameplay. The devs have finally pioneered features that have been on the backburner for years, and it's so great to see their vision finally come together!

The question we must ask is, "is this a release-quality update?" to which I (and undoubtedly many others) would say, "no - at least, not quite yet." This update had so much potential, but because the devs insisted on calling this the release version, it ended up squandering some of that potential. This is so very much not a release-quality update, and for that, I am disappointed - however good this update may, under different circumstances, have been.

i'd argue that only now is it the ksp we all know and love; all the versions before this one were suspect. I'm actually playing stock for once, it's a pretty great update.

Breaking news!

Temperature in hell reaching unprecedented low levels!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.