[1.6.x] RasterPropMonitor - Development Stopped (v0.30.6, 29 December 2018)

MOARdV

Just another little nitpick (the more you love something, the more you tear it apart?): You can double-click the hatches and EVA, regardless of your astronaut complex level.

Now that I think of it, would it be doable/fun to have values show as "#N/A" or something, depending on some buildings' upgrade levels?

I was going to ask how you were naming the ports. An interface with DPAI would be nice, so you can use its names. When I have time, I'll get in touch with NavyFish and see what it would take for me to add that support (and for DPAI to support RPM doing it). As for docking port names, for parts that are attached in advance (in the VAB), all it does is take the name of the part and its orientation. For docking ports that were docked in flight, it uses the name of the other craft.

NavyFish already wrote an Integration into RPM - latest version adds another screen to the top-right MFD button to show the Docking Alignment GUI including the Targeted Port - there it is working with Custom Names already but from that Screen you cant undock

Just another little nitpick (the more you love something, the more you tear it apart?): You can double-click the hatches and EVA, regardless of your astronaut complex level.

Now that I think of it, would it be doable/fun to have values show as "#N/A" or something, depending on some buildings' upgrade levels?

Forgive my ignorance - I take it you need to upgrade the astronaut complex to be able to go EVA? I don't play career, so I don't find these things out until someone brings it up here. What level of complex is required to EVA (and is this info documented somewhere for my future reference)?

NavyFish already wrote an Integration into RPM - latest version adds another screen to the top-right MFD button to show the Docking Alignment GUI including the Targeted Port - there it is working with Custom Names already but from that Screen you cant undock

Yes, but the idea is to add support in the RPM native Target Menu (where you can undock, and where you can select the reference part). It looks do-able, so I hope to get this feature out there once NavyFish and I work out the API to support it.

Forgive my ignorance - I take it you need to upgrade the astronaut complex to be able to go EVA? I don't play career, so I don't find these things out until someone brings it up here. What level of complex is required to EVA (and is this info documented somewhere for my future reference)?

*coughs*

As the ghost of Valentina will tell you, double-clicking the inside of a hatch to EVA will allow it, regardless of the Astronaut Complex level (for example, disallowing EVA in flight). Would be great if it could, but it's not a major thing :)

For reference, upgrading the Astronaut Complex to level 2 allows off-Kerbin EVA normally, RPM allows EVA on level 1 via double-clicking the IVA hatch.

*coughs*

For reference, upgrading the Astronaut Complex to level 2 allows off-Kerbin EVA normally, RPM allows EVA on level 1 via double-clicking the IVA hatch.

Sorry, I did see your post earlier, but it didn't entirely sink in since I was scrambling around chasing bugs in 2 1/2 other mods. It will get fixed in the next update.

Sorry, I did see your post earlier, but it didn't entirely sink in since I was scrambling around chasing bugs in 2 1/2 other mods. It will get fixed in the next update.

No worries dude, it's not exactly game-breaking, it's just a little cheaty. Look forward to the update nonetheless :)

Yes, but the idea is to add support in the RPM native Target Menu (where you can undock, and where you can select the reference part). It looks do-able, so I hope to get this feature out there once NavyFish and I work out the API to support it.

Cheers, no rush ;)

When you get around it, it will be perfect for the Endurance, without guessing where a given module is docked ;)

Ok, forgive me if this has been answered. I was looking through the imgur pictures on the OP and I have no idea how to view the cameras through the displays. I have Hullcam VDS installed, if that matters. Thanks.

forgive me if you see this as being impatient, but is there anyone creating the plugin for the Mk3 cockpits? or are you working on it? or so far is the project idling?

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, forgive me if this has been answered. I was looking through the imgur pictures on the OP and I have no idea how to view the cameras through the displays. I have Hullcam VDS installed, if that matters. Thanks.

You will need to first mount one of the radial cameras incluided in the mod, then cycle them with (i think) the bottom right button. They go from 1 to 9

I was gonna answer, but I see you guys already got that sorted out.

In an amusing fashion.

Pass me the popcorn?

And yea, not game-breaking but a little cheaty.

Edited by monstah
eh, read before you write, that was answered too.

forgive me if you see this as being impatient, but is there anyone creating the plugin for the Mk3 cockpits? or are you working on it? or so far is the project idling?

My spare time has been occupied by working of fixes for this plugin and the others I maintain, with me taking a little bit of time (<5 hours) to play KSP. Outside of looking at the mk1 inline cockpit in-game, I've done nothing with the new cockpits. I am happy to include one if/when someone has one that they're willing to share, but making new IVAs is not a high priority for me due to the amount of time it takes me to tune it to my liking.

Short answer: Yes, I know they need done. No, I'm not working on them now; nor am I working on them soon.

Is there a tutorial floating around on how to launch/rendezvous/dock/land at ksc with RPM (IVA ONLY) ? :D

I've done all of these with the ALCOR capsule. The "Closest Separation" to target indicator is the most useful for rendezvous from IVA. Docking is fairly straight forward with the ALCOR docking screen. I'ts enhanced greatly by adding Docking Port Alignment Indicator. Landing in a specific spot would require SCANsat Maps and a lot of practice :D

I made a crude (first time) video on launch and trip to Minimus and back in the ALCOR capsule with IVA only. It isn't a proper tutorial, just an experimentation with Linux recording software and YouTube annotations. You can see that I use the "Closest Separation" indicator to adjust what will become my Periapsis, while I am performing my burn to get into Minimus' SOI. No maneuver node required. The same thing should work if you have another ship as your target. I use RCS in the 6 cardinal directions frequently to adjust the Closest Separation to my liking. You can't really tell that from the video.

Edited by nukeboyt
"Closest Approach" really called "Closest Separation"

How do you decide when to start the intercept burn?

There is a "Phase Angle" indicator on one of the screens. That works for the journey out to Minimus or the Mun. Burn when Phase Angle approaches zero). For the return trip (from Minimus orbit) you select a target orbiting Kerbin, and then use the "Eject Angle" indicator. Again, as it approaches zero.

Version checking is showing 19.3 is latest, and there are 19.3 changes on github. Is there a release, or should we just ignore the notification for now?

There is no release yet. I wasn't aware version checking would start sending out notifications (still getting the hang of some of the things Mihara set up) - I'll back that out and save it for when 19.3 is ready to go.

There is a "Phase Angle" indicator on one of the screens. That works for the journey out to Minimus or the Mun. Burn when Phase Angle approaches zero). For the return trip (from Minimus orbit) you select a target orbiting Kerbin, and then use the "Eject Angle" indicator. Again, as it approaches zero.

Oh, cool. I take it the phase angle is calculated for a Hohmann given your orbit and the target's, correct?

Oh, cool. I take it the phase angle is calculated for a Hohmann given your orbit and the target's, correct?

I believe that this is correct, and it works that way, but someone who better knows the working of the Mod(s) RPM and ALCOR could probably give you a better answer.

I believe that this is correct, and it works that way, but someone who better knows the working of the Mod(s) RPM and ALCOR could probably give you a better answer.

Yes, that's how it works. The code was taken directly from the Protractor mod. I'm glad someone's using it. :)

Any news on the Inline MK1 cockpit getting a RPM interior?

The question was answered at the top of this page.

Where do you find the phase angle indicator? Is it only on the ALCOR capsule?

It's available in the RPM.dll. I don't think the cockpits that ship with RPM have it, however, since they're intended to be basic demonstrations of what can be done.

It's available in the RPM.dll. I don't think the cockpits that ship with RPM have it, however, since they're intended to be basic demonstrations of what can be done.

Basic demonstrations? I find it hard to think of any manoeuvre that's not possible to do from the instrumentation provided, except for rendezvous. Could it be displayed in the target orbit info page, next to relative inclination? I guess I'm off to the docs in the meantime. Thanks for the mod regardless :)

Basic demonstrations? I find it hard to think of any manoeuvre that's not possible to do from the instrumentation provided, except for rendezvous. Could it be displayed in the target orbit info page, next to relative inclination? I guess I'm off to the docs in the meantime. Thanks for the mod regardless :)

Yeah, those cockpits are basic demonstrations. There are other features in RPM. Go take a look at some of Bobcat's mods (well, if they could be used in KSP 1.0.x), or the ALCOR landing pod, since that was updated a couple days ago. There is a lot in RPM, but it was originally written to be a toolkit for IVA creators. The IVAs that ship with it were intended to be hors d'oeuvres, not the main course. Maybe someday I'll go update them, but as I've said, that's not a priority for me right now.