[1.6.x] RasterPropMonitor - Development Stopped (v0.30.6, 29 December 2018)

MOARdV

No. Can't I install this mod without it?

Technically yes, but it'd be much more difficult. Many mods depend on module manager. You can get it here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55219

- - - Updated - - -

Make sure you only have one copy of module manager in your gamedata folder (the most recent version). A lot of mods package it with the mod, so it's easy to get multiple copies.

I dunno if anybody else has the same issue: Vessel Viewer (not KVV) is bugged in the latest version of RPM.

as it shows the window normal and upside down on the same panel, but without the rendering of the craft.

I dunno if it's RPM that is causing it...

here's how it looks like now:iFyJ7Hz.png

I dunno if anybody else has the same issue: Vessel Viewer (not KVV) is bugged in the latest version of RPM.

as it shows the window normal and upside down on the same panel, but without the rendering of the craft.

VV is an external plugin, not part of the RPM package. I haven't changed anything in the code for handling plugin displays, so either VV RPM needs updated, or Squad changed something under the hood. I'd wait for a 1.0 version of VV for RPM to see if that fixes it.

I think this is broken in 1.0.2.

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Look rotation viewing vector is zero

(Filename: Line: 70)

dT is NaN! tA: NaN, E: NaN, M: NaN, T: NaN

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

MissingFieldException: Field '.CelestialBody.maxAtmosphereAltitude' not found.
at JSI.RasterPropMonitorComputer.OnUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Part.ModulesOnUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Part.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: 4294967295)

dT is NaN! tA: NaN, E: NaN, M: NaN, T: NaN

I think this is broken in 1.0.2.

Awesome, a breaking change already. I guess RPM 19.2 is in the works.

EDIT: What version of RPM are you using? That was fixed in RPM 0.19.1.

Edited by MOARdV
Follow-on question

is there a way to preset what screens will show what?

say i use mk1 pod, i always want center screen to be forward camera, left screen rear camera, right screen orbital data, etc

Awesome, a breaking change already. I guess RPM 19.2 is in the works.

EDIT: What version of RPM are you using? That was fixed in RPM 0.19.1.

It was 0.19.1 on Linux x64. It happened when switching to a Rescue Kerbal contract craft (the one the rescued kerbal spawns in).

It was 0.19.1 on Linux x64. It happened when switching to a Rescue Kerbal contract craft (the one the rescued kerbal spawns in).

Can you put a complete log somewhere (DropBox or whatever), so I can look through it? I don't see any way 0.19.1 can have that bug in it.

First off, thanks for keeping this mod alive, it greatly adds to the immersion of the game.

Unfortunately, I have been experiencing an issue using the External Cameras since the release of KSP 1.0. When viewed from an IVA monitor, the cameras appear to fail to render the scene background properly. Models seem to render correctly however. The following album has a brief demonstration of the issue:http://imgur.com/a/Sl93a#0

This issue occurs on a fresh save, with only RPM 0.19.1 installed. Here is a log:https://www.dropbox.com/s/d60c2asjs0cmwz6/KSP.log?dl=0

If there is any additional information that would help diagnose this, I will do my best to provide it.

First off, thanks for keeping this mod alive, it greatly adds to the immersion of the game.

Unfortunately, I have been experiencing an issue using the External Cameras since the release of KSP 1.0. When viewed from an IVA monitor, the cameras appear to fail to render the scene background properly. Models seem to render correctly however. The following album has a brief demonstration of the issue:http://imgur.com/a/Sl93a#0

This issue occurs on a fresh save, with only RPM 0.19.1 installed. Here is a log:https://www.dropbox.com/s/d60c2asjs0cmwz6/KSP.log?dl=0

If there is any additional information that would help diagnose this, I will do my best to provide it.

MOARDv, I would interested in your answer to this one. I've been working at the same bug on CactEye for a while. It would appear as if Squad has changed the way the skybo is rendered.

MOARDv, I would interested in your answer to this one. I've been working at the same bug on CactEye for a while. It would appear as if Squad has changed the way the skybo is rendered.

A problem I found is that there was not a GL.Clear every frame for the render texture that RPM renders into. Mihara had set it up so only under certain circumstances would he do a clear. I added GL.Clear to the beginning of the render routine, and it seems like it fixed the problem. Well, to be more specific, all of the ghosting and garbage is gone. I have not actually looked closely at it to see if the skybox is rendering or not, so it might just be drawing planets and craft on a black background.

Can you put a complete log somewhere (DropBox or whatever), so I can look through it? I don't see any way 0.19.1 can have that bug in it.

I don't have the log anymore, but I could try recreating the bug.

Will it be possible to display stock ore maps on RPM in the future?

RPM doesn't do maps - SCANSat does, however. RPM may be able to provide some sort of ore density info or something like that, but I haven't had enough time to play KSP to see how the resource system even works (too busy with fixing and updating mods when I have time to mess with KSP).

A problem I found is that there was not a GL.Clear every frame for the render texture that RPM renders into. Mihara had set it up so only under certain circumstances would he do a clear. I added GL.Clear to the beginning of the render routine, and it seems like it fixed the problem. Well, to be more specific, all of the ghosting and garbage is gone. I have not actually looked closely at it to see if the skybox is rendering or not, so it might just be drawing planets and craft on a black background.

As a follow-on, the skybox is missing from the camera views. I didn't implement the camera feature in RPM originally, so I'm going to have to figure out how it used to work, so I can try to figure out why it doesn't now.

RasterPropMonitor has been updated to version 0.19.2. It is available on GitHub as well as KerbalStuff.

FIXES: The ghosting / background not being erased when external cameras were used, as well as the missing starfield in the external cameras.

NEW FEATURE: JSITransparentPod can be disabled in the VAB/SPH with a config file change for those computers that are too low spec to handle it. An optional config file is included in RPM to disable it.

NOTE: The initial 0.19.2 release was missing the JSITransparentPod disabling MM patch, so the zip file is 0.19.2.1 on GitHub and KerbalStuff has a version 0.19.2.1.

i only JUST noticed the bug. i check the thread, the man already has a fix.. (this while i only downloaded RPM again today, what are you, the flash XD? SO FAST!)

collor me impressed :D

RasterPropMonitor has been updated to version 0.19.2. It is available on GitHub as well as KerbalStuff.

FIXES: The ghosting / background not being erased when external cameras were used, as well as the missing starfield in the external cameras.

NEW FEATURE: JSITransparentPod can be disabled in the VAB/SPH with a config file change for those computers that are too low spec to handle it. An optional config file is included in RPM to disable it.

NOTE: The initial 0.19.2 release was missing the JSITransparentPod disabling MM patch, so the zip file is 0.19.2.1 on GitHub and KerbalStuff has a version 0.19.2.1.

PFD screens still use celsius while game temperature is in kelvin.

I've got several cam questions:

1) How does one make a camera from a part?

lje6U3I.png

1.1) What kind of module should I add in the config to connect it to RPM?

2) B9 Aerospace had its own PFD screen with several camera views which didn't require an external part. How does one do that?

2.1) Is it possible to view your vessel from above using this technique?

3) Is it possible to connect to cameras on other vessels? For example I'd like to see my launch from the launchpad view on the PFD screen. This would require a camera slapped on a launch clamp pointing upwards. But as soon as I release the clamp I lose the connection, is it possible to make the connection persistent until it unloads physically?

4) is there any way to move the camera's viewport using screen arrows?

Edited by Enceos