[1.6.x] RasterPropMonitor - Development Stopped (v0.30.6, 29 December 2018)

MOARdV

On 5/9/2018 at 9:23 PM, Astronut33 said:

Is there a mod I need to install to add the computer screens to vanilla pods? I downloaded RPM but all the stock pod IVAs are the same as before.

Like it says in the first, you need to install Module Manager.  Be aware that RPM does not update all stock pods - there are a handful that are updated by this mod, since they were intended to be demonstration IVAs.

Okay.  At long last ... RasterPropMonitor v0.30.1 is now up on GitHub.

The inverted MFD in DX9 is fixed, as is the prop orientation problem (thanks to @Levelord).  In addition, the JSI external camera has had a mass reduction from 40kg to 4kg.

@MOARdV thanx for putting in the time on the latest fixes for RPM.

Unfortunately, with 0.30.2, I'm still seeing a couple minor issues when forcing Dx11. Dx9 seems to be fixed.
This is with the Probe Control Room mod installed.

Fresh 1.4.3 install, on Win7. Mods installed are:

RPM v0.30.2
Probe Control Room v 1.2.2.10
MM 3.0.7
Toolbar v1.7.17.11
Toolbar Controller v0.1.6.7

All are latest versions for 1.4.x

I'm going to try installing a couple other IVAs that support RPM, just to make sure its not specific to Probe Control Room.

https://imgur.com/a/JRx7MTN
https://imgur.com/a/TyFEvKD

The Navball page is the only one that seems to have the text issues, and then there is the issue of the signal connection on all pages that display it.
Again, this seems to only be on Dx11... I'm on Win7, so i cant test on forcing Dx12

Edited by Stone Blue

13 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

The Navball page is the only one that seems to have the text issues, and then there is the issue of the signal connection on all pages that display it.
Again, this seems to only be on Dx11... I'm on Win7, so i cant test on forcing Dx12

I just checked DX11 again, and it's not inverting on my setup (Win10).  I do see that if I turn off anti-aliasing, the textures re-invert, so I will have to make another release to cover that condition, too.  Grrr.

But I don't see anything acting up with DX11 either with or without AA, so I'm going to need some additional confirmations on that issue (and for anyone testing it, please note whether it works, or the textures are inverted, and include whether the game is full-screen or not full-screen, and what AA settings are in use).

2 hours ago, MOARdV said:

I just checked DX11 again, and it's not inverting on my setup (Win10).  I do see that if I turn off anti-aliasing, the textures re-invert, so I will have to make another release to cover that condition, too.  Grrr.

But I don't see anything acting up with DX11 either with or without AA, so I'm going to need some additional confirmations on that issue (and for anyone testing it, please note whether it works, or the textures are inverted, and include whether the game is full-screen or not full-screen, and what AA settings are in use).

Ahhh... that may be it...
i typically run KSP with AA disabled, forced Dx11, -popupwindow, and resolution set to one setting below my screen size... (so not full screen)
i usually turn down or off most KSP graphics settings. I do run no less than half or full res on texture quality, tho.

It seems I can make the MFD textures act up, by changing the AA settings for KSP, in the Nvidia Control panel...

I'll post back in a bit after I test run different settings to see if i can nail down specifics.

EDIT: Ok... seems I have to have all 5 of the AA related settings "off" in Nvidia Control panel, AND, AA disabled in KSP, to get the MFDs 100% working...
vOv

Weird how it only seems to be two specific layers that comprise the MFD displays, that flip on me... vOv

I'd bet my computer/game setup is an edge case, and why no one else has reported issues. vOv

SO, yeah, i guess hold off on investigating further with this, unless someone else reports issues.

Edited by Stone Blue

9 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

SO, yeah, i guess hold off on investigating further with this, unless someone else reports issues.

Okay.  Will do.  Although ... I did confirm that the anti-aliasing setting affects whether or not the textures invert for DX9 and DX12, so there shall be a v0.30.3 (so I'll catch up with Squad being at 1.4.3).  I'm going to sit on the release until this weekend, though, in the hopes that any other things I overlooked show up before then, and I can fix them and finally be able to say, "I'm done with RPM for KSP 1.4.x".

On 5/14/2018 at 12:29 AM, DiscoveryPlanet said:

After i upgrade RPM, i had this massage from NMB Mod ( never happened before with another version of RPM and only this cockpit )
4EnLfeL.png

I have the same issue with this  =)) i think while we wating for 0.30.3 you other pod =)

RasterPropMonitor v0.30.3 is now released.  This update fixes the MFD inversion problem for DX9 and DX12 when anti-aliasing is switched off.  I think that fixes the MFD problem for everybody but @Stone Blue, who will have to wait for v0.30.4. :cool:

Available on GitHub.

6 hours ago, MOARdV said:

This update fixes the MFD inversion problem for DX9 and DX12 when anti-aliasing is switched off.

As always, Thanx for putting time into RPM.

Just to be clear tho, the screens work for me 100%, with AA *off*... If I turn on AA (no matter the settings/level), thats when I see certain screen elements invert.
LMK if logs would help at all.

8 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Just to be clear tho, the screens work for me 100%, with AA *off*... If I turn on AA (no matter the settings/level), thats when I see certain screen elements invert.
LMK if logs would help at all.

I am 99% sure I checked with AA on / off on DX11, but I will check again today.  It's possible that it's a Win7 / Win10 difference, which would be irritating - it'd be awesome if we could get confirmation on a second computer that the behavior is reproducible.

7 hours ago, MOARdV said:

I am 99% sure I checked with AA on / off on DX11, but I will check again today.  It's possible that it's a Win7 / Win10 difference, which would be irritating - it'd be awesome if we could get confirmation on a second computer that the behavior is reproducible.

I agree. If someone else could confirm, that would be great.

Again, i wouldnt want you to spend much time on the issue. i would rather see you get moar progress done on MAS. :D

i really just brought it up, because LGG was seemingly considering dropping support of Probe Control Room, due to any issues with inverted screens in RPM. I'm biased against that, because i have been working on a new PCR control room IVA. When I start working on it again, I'll be starting to incorporate MAS, and only have RPM as "filler", till MAS props get fully completed, then it will be a MAS-only IVA.
Luckily, it seems you've pretty much got the issue resolved except for my edge case. I kept mentioning it, and offered logs, only in the case of, if it may help you spot something obvious concerning the issue, in case you spend time on RPM dealing with bigger issues, and possibly stumble on a fix for this minor issue, as well.

Again, what I'm seeing is NOT RPM-breaking, and is just a minor issue. ;)

These three images show the only layers in RPM that I'm seeing an issue with.

This first image is 100% working with AA *off*:

fkrtLNB.png

In this second image, you can see there seems to only be one layer that gets inverted with AA *on*. The navball screen, and the "connection message", seem to be the only screens affected. All other screens seem to work 100% whether AA is on, or off, for me.
6L720rV.png

And then this third image just shows the "connection message" layer inverted with AA *on*. (Its right side up with AA *off*)
EhfOHSO.png

Edited by Stone Blue

I'm sorry to bother you but I have a simple question I hope :) Is there a way to change the resources in this window?  If I want to have LH2 and LOX. I have never looked in RPM because it works all the time for me but this screen has bothered me for a while now and if there is a simple fix I my aswell ask. If not I will live with it. I'm still on 1.3 if that makes a difference. 

rg3IjxF.png

17 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

These three images show the only layers in RPM that I'm seeing an issue with.

Yeah, that's the "inverted MFD" problem.  My name for it is a bit too shorthand - the problem is that, the way RPM was implemented (drawing textures directly to a render texture, instead of putting it on a mesh and using a camera to draw it on the render texture), textures are now susceptible to the difference between OpenGL (right handed coordinate system) and DirectX (left handed coordinate system).  Prior to Unity 2017.1, the difference was handled in Unity so that I didn't have to do anything about it.  In 2017.1, under some circumstances (DX9, DX11?, DX12) the under-the-hood flipping isn't done.  To fix it, I have to invert the monitor display's V texture coordinate, and also change the text so that it renders itself upside down as well so everything shows up right-side up.

14 hours ago, dave1904 said:

Is there a way to change the resources in this window?

You will have to edit the config file for that prop to change the resources.  The prop config is at GameData/ASET/ASET_Props/Instruments/FuelMonitor/FuelMonitor.cfg - there are several variables in that file that start with SYSR_LIQUIDFUEL and SYSR_OXIDIZER that would need to change.  You'd replace the "LIQUIDFUEL" part with "LQDHYDROGEN" (assuming you're using the CRP definition - it's the "name" field from the resource definition in all-caps), and change OXIDIZER to whatever the LOX name is (I didn't see it in a quick scan of the CRP definitions).  You can also change the captions in that same config file.

33 minutes ago, MOARdV said:

Yeah, that's the "inverted MFD" problem. 

:0.0:
I musta missed that... In the posts I did read on the inversion issue, the way people were talking, i was under the impression that it was, like, ALL the screens, or at least just about *everything* on a screen. :blush: I thought it was more than ust what I'm seeing... Sorry MOARdV, I thought I had ust a small remnant of a bug, that squeaked thru your fixes, and was due to some weird circumstances on just *my* computer... :P

And thanks for the clear explanation of what happened.

Edited by Stone Blue

53 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Sorry MOARdV, I thought I had just a small remnant of a bug, that squeaked thru your fixes

It looks like you *do* have a small remnant of the bug.  However, since I haven't seen it here, I don't know if it's Win7  vs. Win10, or if it's something about your GPU (I've got an NVIDIA GTX 1070).  If we can get some feedback from others on Windows forcing DX11, it will help identify where the issue is, so I can tailor the fix without introducing more bugs (ideally :) ).

Yeah, that's the "inverted MFD" problem.  My name for it is a bit too shorthand - the problem is that, the way RPM was implemented (drawing textures directly to a render texture, instead of putting it on a mesh and using a camera to draw it on the render texture), textures are now susceptible to the difference between OpenGL (right handed coordinate system) and DirectX (left handed coordinate system).  Prior to Unity 2017.1, the difference was handled in Unity so that I didn't have to do anything about it.  In 2017.1, under some circumstances (DX9, DX11?, DX12) the under-the-hood flipping isn't done.  To fix it, I have to invert the monitor display's V texture coordinate, and also change the text so that it renders itself upside down as well so everything shows up right-side up.

You will have to edit the config file for that prop to change the resources.  The prop config is at GameData/ASET/ASET_Props/Instruments/FuelMonitor/FuelMonitor.cfg - there are several variables in that file that start with SYSR_LIQUIDFUEL and SYSR_OXIDIZER that would need to change.  You'd replace the "LIQUIDFUEL" part with "LQDHYDROGEN" (assuming you're using the CRP definition - it's the "name" field from the resource definition in all-caps), and change OXIDIZER to whatever the LOX name is (I didn't see it in a quick scan of the CRP definitions).  You can also change the captions in that same config file.

Cheers man :) Nice work on the mod btw! In my case im not using CRP because I prefer LH2 and LOX in fuel gauge :) 

Edited by dave1904

33 minutes ago, dave1904 said:

Cheers man :) Nice work on the mod btw! In my case im not using CRP because I prefer LH2 and LOX in fuel gauge :) 

If it's just a name change (rename it LH2 and LOX), that's even easier - it's editing text in that same file (look for the text LIQUID FUEL - the caption for that prop is a single line of text, so you can edit it and change the names.

1 hour ago, MOARdV said:

if it's something about your GPU (I've got an NVIDIA GTX 1070).

I have a GTX 630M

1 hour ago, MOARdV said:

If we can get some feedback from others on Windows forcing DX11, it will help identify where the issue is, so I can tailor the fix without introducing more bugs (ideally :) ).

Yeah... even if there is *no* issue and things are working 100% for other peeps running Win7 and forcing Dx11, it would still be nice to hear from them... :P (...so at the very least, I know *I'm* not just crazy... :confused: )

Edited by Stone Blue

If it's just a name change (rename it LH2 and LOX), that's even easier - it's editing text in that same file (look for the text LIQUID FUEL - the caption for that prop is a single line of text, so you can edit it and change the names.

Oh sorry man. It worked fine on first try! Im sorry I confused you. You description was great :)