[1.6.x] RasterPropMonitor - Development Stopped (v0.30.6, 29 December 2018)

MOARdV

I'm just spitballing here, but I was thinking about how I'd love to be the guy to go around fixing everyone's cockpits to be RPM compatible but I have neither the expertise nor time for it. But a thought popped in my head that VisualViewer has the Toolbar option of having a pop out window that shows what you'd see if it were on an RPM MFD.

Would it be hard to add something similar to RPM? Have a window you can toggle on that floats over the display with a MFD for when you don't have an RPM ready cockpit? Or maybe even to use it outside of IVA? It's not nearly as immersive as the real thing but it's a much preferred stop-gap than nothing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2018 at 6:28 AM, cy-one said:

Is there a way to have RPM count Snacks as a Life Support Mod for those fancy Life Support Displays?

The life support display is part of the ASET props pack.  It looks like alexustas uses a MM patch to reconfigure the prop for one of two or three LS mods already (take a look at GameData/ASET/ASET_Props/Misc/LifeSupportMonitor), so I imagine that all it would take is someone doing the same thing for Snacks.

On 9/30/2018 at 6:28 AM, cy-one said:

Is there a way to have RPM count Snacks as a Life Support Mod for those fancy Life Support Displays?

4 hours ago, MOARdV said:

The life support display is part of the ASET props pack.  It looks like alexustas uses a MM patch to reconfigure the prop for one of two or three LS mods already (take a look at GameData/ASET/ASET_Props/Misc/LifeSupportMonitor), so I imagine that all it would take is someone doing the same thing for Snacks.

I have a config for that in the next version of Warbird Cockpits, I can probably post it. It's a little hacky since I am no good at modeling, but it works.

Edited by theonegalen

• 2 weeks later...

I've given RasterPropMonitor v0.30.5 a very cursory test (maybe 5 minutes in the ALCOR lander), and it appears to be working in KSP v1.5.0 without a recompiled.  I have not tested it extensively, I have not tested it against existing mods (most of which haven't had time to update), and I haven't checked to see which stock IVAs are now broken (Mk1 pod, perhaps?).

With some trepidation, I also add: As of today, RasterPropMonitor is up for adoption. I have not committed any updates to RPM since last June, and I have no interest in working on new features for RPM when I'm working on a very similar (but more capable) mod that I hope to finalize for release this fall.

Plus, I'd like to spend some time playing the game instead of only modding it.

If someone wants to pick up the RasterPropMonitor mod, I am happy to help figure out what's what and where's where until you're able to manage it on your own.  Otherwise, go ask your IVA creators (very nicely) to start migrating to MOARdV's Avionics Systems. :)

On 10/1/2018 at 12:40 PM, cy-one said:

Would be awesome and appreciated.

I'm a bit bugged by all the "no LS mod installed" windows :/

Sorry this took so long to get. My phone is my only internet access right now.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GL1BBQ0pjRox018NDhZCc31_4fLWOqqSTHaUQ3CaOgM/edit?usp=drivesdk

Drop the code into a .cfg file somewhere in your gamedata folder. 

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Sokol_323 said:

In the mod there is no IVA. He is a tool for creating IVA. But it is in other mods based on this, such as ALCOR. Or individual patches for MK1 or MK1-2. Some links are on the first page.

IVA for MK1-3 is in Moardv's Avionics Systems.

The links on the front page say thread doesn't exist for me.

14 minutes ago, Kroslev Kerman said:

When will this be Updated to 1.5.1??

Am just asking am not forcing you to update it to 1.5.1 k?

So, it's listed as 1.5.x in the title and the person just before you said it works in 1.5.1. Answer, it works already and doesn't need an update.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question. RPM is on ckan. But MAS isnt. I read on your wiki that MAS is backwards compatible with RPM. If I am to install RPM through ckan(as its still a dependency for some mods), would I just need 'RPM core'?? What does the the RPM(not core) contain? I assume it contains IVA prop stuff? Would your MAS mod have everything the RPM(not core) contains?

Hope my question makes sense?

Thanks!

6 hours ago, Jesusthebird said:

I have a question. RPM is on ckan. But MAS isnt. I read on your wiki that MAS is backwards compatible with RPM. If I am to install RPM through ckan(as its still a dependency for some mods), would I just need 'RPM core'?? What does the the RPM(not core) contain? I assume it contains IVA prop stuff? Would your MAS mod have everything the RPM(not core) contains?

MAS isn't backwards compatible, actually.  It's meant as a replacement, and it will be able to do anything RPM can do, but it will require someone to convert IVAs from RPM to MAS (or create new IVAs).  As for CKAN, I have no involvement in the CKAN stuff, so I really don't know why RPM is split into multiple components.  That's something you might need to ask on the CKAN thread, or maybe someone else here knows the answer.

Despite my previous plans, I have released one final version.  RasterPropMonitor v0.30.6 is available on GitHub.  This is purely a maintenance release - some KSP function signatures were marked obsolete, so RPM v0.30.6 uses the updated versions of those functions, which should extend its shelf life.  I have not tested RPM extensively, since I don't expect to spend any more time working on it.

Hi !

I play in 1.6 KSP versions and i have a problem with RPM. cockpit of command pod for space vessel not work in IVA. They are replace by stock cockpit.

But space planes command pod work correctly. I have tri to reinstall RPM and Module Manager without success.

Thanks !

P-S: I'm french, I'm sorry for my english 

Edited by Max-Ksp

35 minutes ago, Max-Ksp said:

Hi !

I play in 1.6 KSP versions and i have a problem with RPM. cockpit of command pod for space vessel not work in IVA. They are replace by stock cockpit.

But space planes command pod work correctly. I have tri to reinstall RPM and Module Manager without success.

Thanks !

P-S: I'm french, I'm sorry for my english 

Welcome to the forum, and your English is fine. :)